Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
Blinkfan182

Blinkfan182 is on a distinguished road
Default Will the mavs trade today?+

i just wanted someone else's opinion .. do you also see the mavs somehow moving up in teh draft .. and also at least attempting to get shaq.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:45 PM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Will the mavs trade today?+

There's another deal coming, but it may not happen before the weekend...
Old 06-24-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

My gut says that if nothing big goes down before the draft, then they wait to see who is on the board at #5. If Livingston is there, they draft him (and decide later what to do with him exactly). If he's not there, they try to move down (in pursuit of Pavel or another big).

I can't see them moving up.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:52 PM   #4
Blinkfan182

Blinkfan182 is on a distinguished road

what would that be
Old 06-24-2004, 03:56 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I have 2 predictions that could occur. I think the Mavs know the Lakers want Dirk for Shaq. It's not because of Dirk's talent which is clearly there but they just don't want the Mavs to have both Shaq and Dirk on the same team. I see Mavs seeing this and go a completely different route. Maybe a deal that would bring in Kenyon Martin or Okafor. I still wouldn't rule out trading up to get Okafor. It wouldn't take much. You could definately get it done by taking on Hil's contract.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Will the mavs trade today?+

From Chad Ford.......if you want to believe him....

The Mavs offered to swap No. 5 for the Celtics three picks. However, they also wanted them to take Stackhouse. Danny hung up on them.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:44 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anything will happen until 7/14
Old 06-24-2004, 04:45 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the Mavs take Livingston tonight and wait. But you gotta admit...this is fun isn't it?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:59 PM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Agree on both counts. Livingston and fun. Hell, at this point I think I wouldn't mind getting Dampier for some junk and bringing along Livingston to replace Nash one day.

I LOVE DRAFT DAY!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 05:03 PM   #10
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I do believe that I will go insane by the time this draft is over.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:06 PM   #11
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

David Aldrige is reporting the the Mavs are trying to trade down because they do not want to take Podkolzine as high as 5. We've supposedly called Cleveland, Utah, and Boston.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:24 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

Surely they will wait on one of those deals to see if someone falls into their lap at 5. You never know, as crazy as this draft is shaping up to be!