Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-07-2008, 12:27 AM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD!! DALLAS COWBOYS @ CLEVELAND BROWNS!!!

You guys knew the GDT wasn't going to be started by anyone other than me.

It's the first game of the year!! This is our time to shine!

-------

Scouts Take: Cowboys at Browns

Updated: September 4, 2008, 1:28 PM ET

Scouts Inc. Position Advantage
QB RB REC OL DL LB DB ST COACHING EDGE

The Cowboys have their eyes set on the Super Bowl, while the Browns are a team on the rise hoping to make the postseason. On paper, these offensive attacks are similar with good young quarterbacks, Tony Romo and Derek Anderson, explosive No. 1 receivers, Terrell Owens and Braylon Edwards, dangerous tight ends, Jason Witten and Kellen Winslow, along with a power running game and excellent offensive lines. As a result, both defenses will have their hands full and each team's performance on special teams will go a long way in determining the outcome.

When Dallas has the ball

Offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has a blended offense consisting of a power running game that sets up the quick-strike passing game. Look for Garrett to rely on the running back duo of Barber and Felix Jones to run behind a big, physical offensive line that features three Pro Bowl linemen in C Andre Gurode, RG Leonard Davis and LT Flozell Adams. Owens will also be moved around in the formation to get better matchups for Witten when he's detached out in the formation.

Only two teams in the NFL allowed more yards per game than the Browns did a season ago, so they were desperate this offseason to make changes. The additions of NT Shaun Rogers, DE Corey Williams and defensive coordinator Mel Tucker will hopefully bolster a lackluster defense. Look for Tucker to continue to employ the 3-4 scheme that uses simple multiple fronts to control gaps and allow inside linebacker D'Qwell Jackson to play fast and aggressive. Also, expect the Browns to incorporate a few more eight-man fronts versus the Cowboys' standard personnel groupings. However, the key for the Browns will be their ability to cover up their weakness on the backend versus the Cowboys' multiple spread packages.

When Cleveland has the ball

Offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski's system thrives on constant shifts, formation changes to create mismatches and a power running game led by RB Jamal Lewis. C Hank Fraley must do a great job of controlling Cowboys NT Jay Ratliff, while using guard combination blocks to create spacing inside for Lewis.

Chudzinski will rely heavily on the Browns' two-back offense on early downs to get Anderson in more manageable second- and third-down situations. Anderson is a tall pocket-passer with a big-time arm that can attack all three levels in the passing game., but he must play with a lot of confidence when attacking the Cowboys' zone-pressure schemes and not make any game-changing mistakes in sub-passing situations.

Under head coach Wade Phillips and defensive coordinator Brian Stewart, the Cowboys play a one-gap scheme built on pressure within their 3-4 system. They have a very fast and aggressive front seven that will give the Browns' offensive line some problems within their blocking patterns. Look for the Cowboys to maximize their defensive personnel groupings to match up versus the Browns' multiple sets in passing situations.

Matchup To Watch

Dallas ROLB DeMarcus Ware vs. Cleveland LT Joe Thomas

This game is full of unique one-on-one matchups. However, this one features two of the best at their positions. Ware is a three-down player who is very athletic with a good combination of size and speed. He's very productive as a pass-rusher and very active versus the run. He is instinctive reacting to blocking patterns, diagnosing plays and has a very good knack of being around the ball. Ware can also convert speed to power quickly by using good arm extension and low pad level to create a push off the edge. When he uses counter moves, he has a burst off of his plant step and he changes direction quickly off his outside charge. Thomas had an outstanding rookie season and he is the prototype NFL left tackle. His size is outstanding, but his quickness and overall athletic ability really set him apart as a pass-blocker. He is equally effective against speed, technique or bull-rushing defensive ends. He is also nasty as a run blocker and very effective. This has all the makings of a great matchup on Sunday afternoon in Cleveland.

Dallas keys to success

Get get the running game going early: Barber emerged as a star last season due to his powerful-slashing style, Jones is viewed as a perfect change-of-pace back and their offensive line is big and powerful. But the key is Gurode, who must do a great job controlling the interior of the line of scrimmage -- especially Rogers. If the Cowboys can control the interior, then Barber will have enough spacing inside to gash the Browns' front seven and put a lot of pressure on the backend.

Pressure Anderson, especially on third down: Inside linebackers Zach Thomas and Bradie James must be disciplined in their gap responsibility when attacking downfield, while outside linebackers Ware and Greg Ellis must provide consistent pressure off the edge. While the linebackers are attacking, the Cowboys' secondary will have to take away Anderson's reliable targets, Edwards and Winslow, by bracketing both of them.

Attack Cleveland's young and inexperienced secondary: Both starting corners, Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald, are second-year players. Also, starting FS Brodney Pool missed a lot of time during the preseason due to a concussion and could be a game-time decision. Look for Romo to test this secondary early in the game, while attacking the third level off play-action. The Browns can ill-afford any explosive downfield plays that result in quick strikes, but the Cowboys' multiple-spread offense will be very hard for them to match up against.

Cleveland keys to success

Get Anderson going: Chudzinski needs to do a great job of getting Anderson into the flow of the offense early, especially because he did not get as much work in during the preseason as you would want due to a concussion he suffered in Week 2. One thing that was missing in last year's offense was the quick, underneath threat that gives any defense problems, but the addition of WR Donte' Stallworth should improve the Browns' ability to attack the second level. Stallworth needs to have a big day on Sunday due to the one-on-one matchups on the backend.

Pressure Romo: The Browns must find a way to pressure Romo and they are counting heavily on LBs Kamerion Wimbley, Alex Hall and Willie McGinest to create pressure off the edge. Wimbley is a fast, athletic pass-rusher with a tremendous upside, but only had five sacks in 2007. Adding Rogers should improve the interior push, which will allow either McGinest or Peek a lot of one-on-one situations. It's imperative that Rogers can become a very effective three-down player, unlike he was in Detroit. However, the Cowboys should be able to account for Rogers and Wimbley with their protection schemes.

Attack the weakest link: Cowboys SS Roy Williams has become a situational player who is best-suited against the run, so the Browns must attack him through the air. He is a tough, physical player who has limitations versus the pass due to his lack of downfield awareness. Look for the Browns to package personnel groupings that consist of one back, two tight ends and two receivers to attack Williams in certain situations. By detaching a tight end out in the formation within this grouping it will force Williams to extend outside the box, which creates a mismatch depending on the rotation on the backend.

Scouts Inc. Edge

This should be a high-scoring affair between two explosive offensive units. However, look for both offenses to start out slow. Field position and the kicking game become key factors in the first half due to the lack of extended playing time during the preseason by both teams' starters. The Cowboys' defense will stack the line of scrimmage, while forcing Anderson to make plays through the air. While, Garrett will look to pound the rock with Barber to set up the vertical passing game against a questionable Browns secondary. In the end, the Cowboys are simply the better team and will pull away in the second half.

Prediction

Dallas Cowboys 27

Cleveland Browns 20

----

My prediction:
Dallas 34
Cleveland 21

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 09-07-2008 at 12:29 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

GO COWBOYS!!!

*waits for Chum to write his pre-game quote.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:29 AM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

*waits for Chum to write his pre-game quote, and rep me.

Contact Me
Old 09-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

You crack me up Alby.

They kick you in the balls and you just keep coming back
Old 09-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #5
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Chum gives out reps?!? I have not been honored by that yet .

EDIT: SWEEEEEEEEEEEET. Maybe you have before...that I just don't remember. GOOOOOO COWS.

Last edited by nikeball; 09-07-2008 at 01:34 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:17 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

In the long and trying months since our last appearance on this battlefield, we have waited. We have waited for the onset of the revenge that is so rightfully ours.

We retooled and re-armed, aggressively, so that we would meet our future foes with the brand of bloodletting that renders even the bravest of warriors impotent and nil in the face of our merciless attack.

We have gathered among us right and soulful young warriors who on this day yearn for their first intoxicating taste of enemy blood.

We have enlisted grizzled veterans of the holy wars who know not the inclination to take prisoners of any kind.

We have fortified our steadfast warriors and committed one and all to the sole task that stands before us, the sole achievement that can do justice to the righteous history of our forebears--those who spilled blood, sweat, and tears so that our most holy of lands would reign supreme.

On this day the Browns of Cleveland will pay a mighty price, their entrails strewn to the far corners of their filthy and unholy streets, their stadium stained red with sinful blood, as the righteous warriors from Dallas lay the first stake to their rightful claim.

On this day our righteous warriors send message far and wide that you do not mess with the Dallas Cowboys.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

nice
Old 09-07-2008, 01:28 AM   #8
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

i see
Old 09-07-2008, 01:41 AM   #9
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
You crack me up Alby.

They kick you in the balls and you just keep coming back
Fandom flaco, fandom. You love the Stars. I love the Boys. Why can't we all be friends?

Contact Me
Old 09-07-2008, 01:41 AM   #10
alby
Guru

Chum is the man.

Contact Me
Old 09-07-2008, 02:06 AM   #11
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Chum. Thank you.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #12
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I´m looking forward to the game. I don´t know which game to choose but since the last game was the final in Feb., i´m curious.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad that the US Open final is tomorrow instead of today...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Go sports.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #15
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Should I temp ban Flaco on Cowboy gamedays?

I can not belive it's finally NFL Sunday Week 1! Wooo!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #16
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Should I temp ban Flaco on Cowboy gamedays?
I think you already answered your own question!

Contact Me
Old 09-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

FYI, EspnNews is carrying the Outside the Lines piece on Jerry Jones right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #18
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
On this day the Browns of Cleveland will pay a mighty price, their entrails strewn to the far corners of their filthy and unholy streets, their stadium stained red with sinful blood, as the righteous warriors from Dallas lay the first stake to their rightful claim.
Sounds like a nice little Sunday.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #19
alby
Guru

HOW AWKWARD WAS THAT?

FOX pre-game show

debate between Barry Switser and Jimmy Johnson

Contact Me
Old 09-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #20
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Go cowboys.

Last edited by Windmill360; 09-07-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #21
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It's about that time!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Game Time Baby ... I'm getting my popcorn ready now...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-07-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Just ordered a Pizza.. Cowboys and Colts in one night.. doesn't get much better.

Let's see whatcha got Romo.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #24
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Barber is such a stud.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #25
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

goboys!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #26
fluid.forty.one

Okay he might be a stud... but Romo don't you have other people to go to?
Old 09-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #27
fluid.forty.one

LOL did TO catch that against his back?
Old 09-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #28
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why Fox sends their A-broadcasters to what will be a landslide victory, but I guess there wasn't much else today in the NFC
Old 09-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #29
alby
Guru

too damn easy.

Contact Me
Old 09-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The browns is turrible
Old 09-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #31
BGMaverick9
Guru

That line is giving Romo alllllllllllllllllll flippin' day to figure out what he wants. He's carving them up.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #32
fluid.forty.one

Browns offense aint bad...
Old 09-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #33
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Something at the end of that play I liked a lot. The fullback (Anderson) got in a little jostling match with someone and Adams came over and pulled him out of there, "get the f outta there dude". I like it when the bigs take control, they are always the backbone of a team imo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Why does FOX produce football in 720p and CBS does 1080i?

Shame on you fox, and your sometimes grainy HD.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Something at the end of that play I liked a lot. The fullback (Anderson) got in a little jostling match with someone and Adams came over and pulled him out of there, "get the f outta there dude". I like it when the bigs take control, they are always the backbone of a team imo.
haha I was going to say that, but I admittedly don't know a lot of players names. He just grabbed him by the back of the jersey and threw him like 5 feet.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #36
fluid.forty.one

wow cleveland lucked out there

edit: stupid rookies

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 09-07-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #37
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And then Dallas lucked out there....Edwards with the butterfingers...he had everyone beat
Old 09-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #38
fluid.forty.one

Anderson is the real deal. He should already have a touch down already, and he just made another perfect throw.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #39
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Nice stop by spears

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so TNew is out for this one?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote