Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
j

j is on a distinguished road
Default Gerald Green mins.

Do you think, with the addition of Matt Carroll and the return of Josh Howard, Greens days of playing for the mavs are over. I highly doubt he will get to see the floor again this year.
j is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Nope. He's gotta be ready every single night. You never know what may happen.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
j

What I like to see is allowing Green to played at least 25 mins, and if he does make a mistake do not take him out. Let him play through his mistake. I think he trying too hard not to make mistake in retrospect induce him to make more mistake.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I sure hope the Mavs aren't stupid enough to get rid of such a talented young player after this year.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:29 AM   #5
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be VERY disappointed. Moreso than when we lost Marquis. And I was livid back then.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:26 AM   #6
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I dont see him staying here after this year. Most likely he won't want to stay with the way he's being treated. Another option is the Mavs get rid of him. Either way he probably isn't staying, that's unfortunate.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:34 AM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

25 minutes is a drastic change in minutes...I think that's on the high end, honestly. If he consistently got 10-12 minutes a night, I would be content for now. I just think with the pieces we have coming off the bench, it's hard for most of those guys to get consistent minutes.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:37 AM   #8
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

carlisle needs to play green more.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

If he isn't getting consistent minutes that is fine, but if we are going to get rid of him this season...I really want him to develop into a star...I just want people to bandwagon on one of our players! People still hate Jet Terry He is a a nice guy acctually
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
If he isn't getting consistent minutes that is fine, but if we are going to get rid of him this season...I really want him to develop into a star...I just want people to bandwagon on one of our players! People still hate Jet Terry He is a a nice guy acctually
Nobody hates Jason Terry - WTF are you talking about???

And nobody is gonna rally behind Green unless he starts doing more with his minutes... Flubbing no-cover dunks ain't gonna cut it in Carlisle's system!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Greens prob is his mins. I think he does fine with them. He was doing great the other game in the first half and then he doesn't even see the floor again. That is the one thing I would change about RC thus far.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'm hoping the reason we haven't played Green much is because we're trying to keep him flying under the radar until after the trade deadline so no teams try to "insist" that he be included in any deal involving Howard/Stack/Bass.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 01-20-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I'm hoping the reason we haven't played Green much is because we're trying to keep him flying under the radar until after the trade deadline so no teams try to "insist" that he be included in any deal involving Howard/Stack/Bass.
Agreed
Old 01-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Or maybe waiting till the playoffs to unleash him.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #15
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
No, it actually makes trading much easier, Green, what about Lebron, then, the higher the market value, the more you can get. Brass is not forcing Rick's hand here. Rick has more trust in Terry, George, Wright and the midget lineup then he does with Green. Why Green can't see time last 2 minutes of the 1st and 3rd and first 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th is beyond me. We have trouble when Rick just takes Jet, Dirk and Kidd out all at the same time, why not stick Green who can create his own shots in their place. Let him play off Barea/Bass or let him handle and create on the wing. It's not that hard to take advantage of his athleticism.

I remember listening to Nellie talk about not playing younger players, like Wright, Randolph and Belinelli and it's because he doesn't trust them. Coach's job is to first win games, if he's not winning games, he's out the door, so I can see why Carlisle is not playing Green as much as we think he should.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
No, it actually makes trading much easier, Green, what about Lebron, then, the higher the market value, the more you can get. Brass is not forcing Rick's hand here. Rick has more trust in Terry, George, Wright and the midget lineup then he does with Green. Why Green can't see time last 2 minutes of the 1st and 3rd and first 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th is beyond me. We have trouble when Rick just takes Jet, Dirk and Kidd out all at the same time, why not stick Green who can create his own shots in their place. Let him play off Barea/Bass or let him handle and create on the wing. It's not that hard to take advantage of his athleticism.

I remember listening to Nellie talk about not playing younger players, like Wright, Randolph and Belinelli and it's because he doesn't trust them. Coach's job is to first win games, if he's not winning games, he's out the door, so I can see why Carlisle is not playing Green as much as we think he should.

So he plays Hollins and Carroll yesterday and Green doesn't dress?
Doesn't add up. The rotation is more sporatic than I have ever seen. Almost seems there is no rhyme or reason.

Look, no one knows WTF RC is thinking obviously, not even the players. Just be ready is all they know, and that is because RC probably doesn't have a real grasp on what he is going to do from game to game.

Green should be coming off the bench 7th-ish man to bring some energy and create offense with JET. This should happen every night unless he is hurt.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #17
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
No, it actually makes trading much easier, Green, what about Lebron, then, the higher the market value, the more you can get.
Not trying to be rude but I don't understand this sentence.

My point was that the reason RC hasn't been playing Green much may be because he sees Green as a potentially valuable player on this team and would like to keep him around post trade deadline as opposed to being forced into including him in a deal involving Josh, Stack, or Bass.

Suppose Green started playing 20 minutes a night and averaged about 15-20 ppg between now and the trade deadline. He still wouldn't net much value in a trade but he might play good enough to catch a potential trade partner's eye which could result in them requesting he be included in a trade before they sign off on it.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #18
j

I highly doubt the mavs brain trust are not playing Green, he of trade value. I have not seen a good reason why he does not get 10-12 mns a game. He will have is off day and good day, but you need some scoring off the bench and Green is th only with the exception of Terry that can provide that. Dallas can not win games by stopping people. It great to have a good defense, but eventually if the other team is good also they will score.
Defense is great, but you must have offense to win in the NBA.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #19
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not trying to be rude but I don't understand this sentence.

My point was that the reason RC hasn't been playing Green much may be because he sees Green as a potentially valuable player on this team and would like to keep him around post trade deadline as opposed to being forced into including him in a deal involving Josh, Stack, or Bass.

Suppose Green started playing 20 minutes a night and averaged about 15-20 ppg between now and the trade deadline. He still wouldn't net much value in a trade but he might play good enough to catch a potential trade partner's eye which could result in them requesting he be included in a trade before they sign off on it.
Not rude at all, this is why I'm pushing numbers, rather being a writer.

Anyways I meant it gives you more trade chips/value for a bigger piece, I mean if you're Nelson on the phone with Colangelo, if he asks for Green, then it gives you the opportunity to up the ante to say an unprotected 1st, or Andrea....it just gives you more value when talking on the phone. Right now, Green probably has same value as Hollins, basically a throw in, then boom, Hollins has a nice game. Hopefully that clarifies my point.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #20
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

more Green Time
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #21
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Dirk-ulous View Post
more Green Time
Agreed, Kidd-Green lobs.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #22
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

I wanna see him dunk!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
I wanna see him dunk!
2,432 posts and counting. D-M.com's finest.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #24
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Nobody hates Jason Terry - WTF are you talking about???

And nobody is gonna rally behind Green unless he starts doing more with his minutes... Flubbing no-cover dunks ain't gonna cut it in Carlisle's system!
I still don't understand what so many people like about Green.

Other than his high flying dunks, he isn't anything special to me.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #25
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I still don't understand what so many people like about Green.

Other than his high flying dunks, he isn't anything special to me.
Dunks, I like his length defensively. He has a good jump shot. I think it's more potential, I mean a superior athlete like this should be a star basketball player, yet he hasn't done it at the highest level yet.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #26
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not rude at all, this is why I'm pushing numbers, rather being a writer.

Anyways I meant it gives you more trade chips/value for a bigger piece, I mean if you're Nelson on the phone with Colangelo, if he asks for Green, then it gives you the opportunity to up the ante to say an unprotected 1st, or Andrea....it just gives you more value when talking on the phone. Right now, Green probably has same value as Hollins, basically a throw in, then boom, Hollins has a nice game. Hopefully that clarifies my point.
Good deal. Thanks, that definitely makes sense. Hopefully we'll start seeing more of him soon.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #27
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts

GG is a bust, it is time to realize it. Had tons of playing time in Boston, was part of the KG deal, was traded to Houston for nothing, and was eventually cut. He is a high flyer with skills, but does not seem to have what it takes to be a big time player in this league. Too bad.
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #28
SMC0007
Guru

[QUOTE=belgianfan;955920]GG is a bust, it is time to realize it. Had tons of playing time in Boston, was part of the KG deal, was traded to Houston for nothing, and was eventually cut. He is a high flyer with skills, but does not seem to have what it takes to be a big time player in this league. Too bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's called minutes..And it is Too Bad!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #29
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts

he had his minutes. He had minutes in Boston where he was inconsistent on offense and consintantly bad ad defense. He had a chance in Minnesota and blew it. He never had a chance with the rockets. He got his minutes at the begining of this season. He just can't put it all together. His ceiling is being the top scorer on the second unit of a bad team. Thats it.
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #30
SMC0007
Guru

Horse shit! He came straight out of HS. Not many players blow up immediately. He came out and played on teams that were not that good too. He hasn't had any consistent mins here. We don't know if he can put it all together, all signs point to him being young and inexperienced with raw talent and ability. Many folks around this forum and in this city want to see more of him, apparently he is doing something right with his minutes.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
Old 01-22-2009, 01:37 AM   #31
j

I would like to seen played in the garbage time against the bucks instead of George.
We know what George bring already. Let give Green have some mins, if he does not develop, the we do not resigned him for next year. He can not be worse then any of the other Mavs bench player
Old 01-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #32
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Yep, if not garbage time, then when for Green?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #33
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Quote:
You know Dirkenstein, this is an outstanding observation and may very well be the reason for why Green's minutes are nil. Props to you!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:17 AM   #34
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

RC thinks he's too Green yuck yuck yuck.

Worst joke in the history of D-M forums?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #35
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
RC thinks he's too Green yuck yuck yuck.

Worst joke in the history of D-M forums?
I'm sure I've posted something worse.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #36
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish GG was used more like Antoine Wright.

Not the starting bit, because I think Wright has earned a starting spot for now over people such as Green. But Wright consistently plays 10 minutes a game, sometimes closer to 20. He'll play for about 10 in the first quarter, and about 10 in the third. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but he consistently gets minutes.

I'd love for Green to get minutes, maybe 10 in the first half and 5 in the second, consistently. Imo, consistency is what's going to help him. Not a streak of games where he gets 30 mpg then goes back to the bench for another month. No, 13-15 mpg over a much larger number of games.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #37
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
But Wright consistently plays 10 minutes a game, sometimes closer to 20. He'll play for about 10 in the first quarter, and about 10 in the third. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but he consistently gets minutes.
Wright is also something like 0-7 from the field in crunch time.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

not anymore, the other night he scored on a tough jumpshot late in the game....

Old 01-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #39
SMC0007
Guru

From Jan Hubbard of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Green outlines a possible plan for the 2010 dunk contest in Dallas: ” “He does it about twice a week,” Antoine Wright said of Green’s dunk show. “He hasn’t blown out the candle yet. But he said if he is in the dunk contest and it’s in Dallas, he wants to get a pass from a quarterback full court — full court from Tony Romo. I said, ‘You might get a 50 [perfect score] with that one.’ ” “

Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 PM   #40
RickG7

RickG7 is on a distinguished road
Default Green skips dunk contest for Mavs

I read that Green skipped the dunk contest to pay more attention to the Mavs. (http://blogs.weei.com/jessicacamerat...asses-up-dunk/) That right there should warrant more mins.
RickG7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
common sense be damned, eloquent thread title, lots of tags, more smc0007 nonsense, play g-damn gerald green, pm me, smc0007 runon sentences, smc0007 writer block, thread diarrhea, too many haters