Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Question Looking for a new laptop...

Don't need or want any programs on it, just the basic programs. I am using this strictly for the internet, nothing more. I will have to download my cingular program to use for mobile internet to use with the USB connect.

Want it to be as cheap as possible. Don't really care if its new or if someone want to build me one.

Any suggestions?

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

eee pc
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Really didn't want a netbook, as the screens are small. My current laptop has a 15" screen and I don't want to go down. This is what we use at home for internet, so the screen needs to be big enough. Probably should have said that in the 1st post. lol

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

I just bought this one a few weeks ago. It's the cheapest laptop that I had found anywhere and it's pretty basic. So it might be what you're looking for.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...aq+Presarioere.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

HOT! Expires TONIGHT! Dell Small Business - 15.4" widescreen Dell Vostro 1510 with Core 2 Duo Processor, 3GB Memory, 250GB HD, DVD Burner, and More for $489!
Posted on Friday January 16th, 2009 by Apex in the Computers category
This is the lowest price we've ever seen on a laptop this well equipped. $489 buys you a 15.4" widescreen Dell Vostro 1510 with 1.8Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo T5670, 3GB DDR2 SDRAM, 250GB HD, 8x DVD+/-RW double layer burner, 802.11b/g wireless, 6-Cell LiOh battery, Windows Vista Home Basic, and a 1 year warranty. Add $10+ worth of upgrades to put the price to $499 or more and shipping becomes FREE. Expires 1/16/09. DELL VOSTRO 1510 LAPTOP DEAL
  • Update: Need a smaller laptop? For just $599 after a massive $517 instant discount, get a 13.3" widescreen Vostro 1310 laptop equipped as above except with 320GB HD, 1.3MP webcam, Vista Business w/XP Pro downgrade, and a 1 year on-site warranty! DELL VOSTRO 1310 LAPTOP TOWER DEAL
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:16 AM   #6
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

check out delloutpost.com. can find lots of good laptops there for $450 or so.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I know you said no netbooks - but I got a new HP Mini 1000 (with a 10.2" screen) right after christmas and I love it ($399 at best buy). light as anything (with an SSD drive). I knew the screen was smaller and thought it would take a while to get used to - but it really didn't (took about a day to get used to). The thing boots up super fast, and has probably the easiest RAM upgrade I have ever seen in any computer.