Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #121
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Falc: I didn't hear it today. I completely forgot about it until I read your post. What'd you think? Sorry to scare you, btw.

92b: Nothing wrong with most of the nosebleeds at AAC! I hope you enjoy the game, and that the guys make it a night to remember.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #122
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to see the video. Bob was funny in goal, but Ribs stole the show. He was hilarious.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #123
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
Falc: I didn't hear it today. I completely forgot about it until I read your post. What'd you think? Sorry to scare you, btw.

92b: Nothing wrong with most of the nosebleeds at AAC! I hope you enjoy the game, and that the guys make it a night to remember.

Last year, my wife and I were 5-0 in games we attended...that included the Win at the AAC over the Red Wings in the WCF's.

However this year we are already 0-1. We've got tickets to 4 more games...hopefully we can turn it around and get 4 more wins, then I can scrounge up some "Bail Out" money to buy some playoff tickets!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #124
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

That was a fun and entertaining game...up until that turnover by Daley.

That ... and the PP goal given up with 3 seconds to go in the 2nd

I'm freakin 0-2 on games I attend this year... 3 more to go, but this is shaping up to be an ugly year.

The Stars consistantly this year have made some costly mistakes, from a Daley turnover giving up an open net goal, to signing Avery... Can we get a Do-Over?

Can JJBerea play Hockey?
Old 12-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #125
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

http://stars.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp...7864&catid=710

That is really cool.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #126
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It was so funny live on the radio...and much much longer than that. Did you hear the drop where grubes decided that a well places "AP" from Bob was necessary? It was when Ribeiro was asking what he would get if he won the challenge.

Bob is so immobile it makes my eyes bleed. You gotta come out and back up at the same speed as the shooter to cut down the angle. Bob knows this, but he was so frozen up. I would have been too. I've had goalie gear on before for fun. It is highly awkward.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #127
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Zubov back on IR.

This season suuuuucks.

Last edited by Caseman; 12-12-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #128
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Robidas broken jaw.

lolstars.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #129
92bDad
Platinum Member

Dallas 3 Detroit 1 - now that makes for a GREAT start to the weekend!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #130
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

One hell of an entertaining game tonight. I'd recommend the highlights on www.dallasstars.com for sure.

Also, Zubov is out for the season with hip surgery. Maybe career ending hip surgery depending on how things play out. Very sad.

my thoughts as usual
Old 12-19-2008, 11:08 AM   #131
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

The best part for me was watching james neal destroy that dumbass. He busted him open good, maybe next time ole boy will think twice before sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. Also loui erikkson has to be an all star.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #132
92bDad
Platinum Member

My wife and I were at the AAC, working concessions for a fundraiser. Needless to say, we were tuned in watching and hearing the fans as the game progressed.

When we got home we watched the game from start to finish...that was a fun game to watch.

By the way, the no-goal in OT, was a freakin blast at the arena. Fans were pooring out when the goal went in...then folks were in the hall-way watching the replay and waiting for the No-goal call!!!

By the way, I typically doubt the impact that one player can have negative or positive...but have the Stars been playing better in general since Sean Avery has been out of the picture?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #133
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
My wife and I were at the AAC, working concessions for a fundraiser. Needless to say, we were tuned in watching and hearing the fans as the game progressed.

When we got home we watched the game from start to finish...that was a fun game to watch.

By the way, the no-goal in OT, was a freakin blast at the arena. Fans were pooring out when the goal went in...then folks were in the hall-way watching the replay and waiting for the No-goal call!!!

By the way, I typically doubt the impact that one player can have negative or positive...but have the Stars been playing better in general since Sean Avery has been out of the picture?
That's because Turco is the most sensitive player out there. He and Modano pout with the best of them. I still don't believe in the Avery excuse. One player shouldn't affect everybody.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 PM   #134
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The only ones making the Avery excuse were the fans and the (Canadian) media.

No one in the Stars dressing room blamed their poor play on him. They said they'd like him gone. They never connected Avery with their poor play.

The only ones making the Avery excuse were the dumber fans and the (Canadian) media, and they can both suck it.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #135
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

8 goals...

That was an ass whupping.

This team can play a little bit, when they get off to a good start.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #136
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Richards a nice -1 in a +6 game.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #137
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

His PP goal doesn't count on the +/-

He played a good game. The TOR goals came at times of extreme apathy from the Stars. I am really impressed they managed to hold it together like they did. The game was over midway through the second period with the xmas break in front of them...

-Brad Richards supporter
Old 12-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #138
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

ass whooping tonight.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #139
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

Love me some james neal, he is well on his way to being my second favorite player. (don't worry morrow, your spot is always safe) Also the move by brunnstrom was saucy.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #140
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The stars are deader than dead....but that was a hell of a game. That's twice the Stars beat the wings in our building this year. meaningless, but fun.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #141
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

exactly flaco. like a drunken one-night stand - probably didn't mean much, but it sure felt good.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #142
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

well, after a 2 year hiatus, i finally get to see the stars in person again. the gf got me tickets for tonite's game in st. pete to see stars v. lightning for my b'day. 6 rows up behind the stars bench. woo hoo!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #143
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Awesome...have fun.

I went to that building once, a very long time ago (1997 maybe) and it was still called the Ice Palace. It was very new back then I think, I wonder how it's holding up.

Tampa has had some good wins lately so it will be interesting to see what happens tonight. If the Stars can get out of the first at least tied, they should be ok. Their propensity for terrible starts on the road needs to be set aside. It seems like they get down 2-0 on the road in the first every time they play.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #144
mnmpeanut

as strange as this season has been, they're still only 4 points out of the 5th spot with 3 games in hand. hmmmmm....
Old 01-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #145
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah. There's this huge pack of mediocrity and suckiness all kind of waiting for someone to make a run.

We have to play in Detroit on Thursday, so I don't think our run is starting yet.

But we have something like 10 home games in February so, that would be a good time. In fact it's the only time, because after that they play a ton of road games in March and they'll be hard pressed to do anything if they wait too long.

At least they're watchable now and competitive.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-28-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #146
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
We have to play in Detroit on Thursday, so I don't think our run is starting yet.
Have you seen Detroit lately?

We can probably take them - they're the Mavs of the Eastern Conference...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:21 AM   #147
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Ducks have now played FIVE games more than the Stars and have only 4 points more to show for it, after losing to the Blackhawks tonight.

The predators beat Vancouver tonight to make things even better.

The West is seriously mediocre and borderline terrible this year.

If you're a Stars fan, here's what you do. You root for SJ, DET and CHIC to win all of their games, against whatever conference.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #148
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What. A. Game.

We beat the Wings 3 out of 4 this season?

Maybe that #2 vs #7 playoff matchup is worth play for after all
Old 01-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #149
mnmpeanut

not at all like the last win vs. the pink wings. total domination in the first period, then a little luck and a whole lotta want-to for the last two. very nice win. rounding into form??
Old 01-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #150
92bDad
Platinum Member

That was a great game to watch.

The Stars showed a lot of heart and grit...battling for loose pucks, crips passing, great teamwork...that first perioed, the Wings where consistantly out of position and chasing!!!

This is starting to shap up to be a good season, Turco appears to be out of his slump and returning to his awesome self!!!

Dallas fans need something to get excited about, and nothing like the Stars to get us going!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #151
wesbrynt

I loved the intensity that the lundquist and barch line brought. Also What a game for otter. And marty why can't you play like that every night??
Old 01-31-2009, 10:03 PM   #152
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

4 in a row...

7 goals tonight.

The Stars have gone from 15th place to 7th place, with some games in hand on a team or two in front of them.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:11 PM   #153
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

tonight's win makes the one over the Red Wings so much sweeter, great job Stars.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #154
92bDad
Platinum Member

I'm starting to believe again!!!

Man, what is it with Dallas and people named AVERY? They leave and then you find team unity...who'ld a thunk it?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #155
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post

Man, what is it with Dallas and people named AVERY? They leave and then you find team unity...who'ld a thunk it?
...cause the mavericks are just tearing through the league right now.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:12 AM   #156
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

5 in a row...
Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #157
92bDad
Platinum Member

One shift at a time...nice to see the 5 wins in a row!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #158
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
...cause the mavericks are just tearing through the league right now.
wouldn't you know when i say it they role off 3 in a row.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #159
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

lol.

Ducks lose tonight...kind of a double edged sword because Minnesota beat them. Oh well, I think that's more good than bad.

And Phoenix lost tonight...that is definitely good.

Big game against the Avs tomorrow. A win will bring them (Colorado) back to life in the points chase, and a loss would kind of bury them a little. I think we need to win tomorrow bc sadly I don't think we can beat the Rangers on the second half of a back to back on Friday.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:01 AM   #160
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

By the way, my night is finally settling down.

When you attend a 10-2 FLOGGING of the New York Rangers, you tend to party hard downtown for a couple of hours apparently. At least, the wife and I did with other Stars fans.

What an incredible night at the AAC.

TEN!

Tags
dallas stars, fluff the tragic dragon, fluff trick, fluffleupagus, fluffy banter, stick and fluff