Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-13-2002, 05:47 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Guess nobody else wanted to start the gameday thread. So I will [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] .

Well, the Blazers suck. Although they have been playin well lately. Their 10-1 against us over the last 11 in Portland.

Only potintial problem I forsee is their inside presence. Their big and strong.

I think we'll still win though.

Mavs 106
Blazers 99

First one to 100 wins!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2002, 05:48 PM   #2
dolemite220

dolemite220 is on a distinguished road

certainly was true yesterday. what a game.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:59 PM   #3
mavsfan2121

mavsfan2121 is on a distinguished road

I predict a mavs win. portland games to me personally are the best to watch as the game always seems to get very heated...

#1 key to winning the game is Dirk he cant get intimidated if someone talks smack or gets in his face or something if he does portland will win. my money is that he does not get intimidated and he goes for 30 (its about time he goes wild on someone) I also expect Juwan to ball on Wallace Juwan will have the better game in terms of points/rebounds combined..

It would be nice if buck has shaken most of yesterdays rust as we will need his and griffs D against there slashers..

final score
dallas 104
portland 97
mavsfan2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 06:00 PM   #4
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I want to take the Mavs, but I don't think they'll be able to do it tonight.

Blazers 105
Mavs 96
Old 02-13-2002, 06:02 PM   #5
dolemite220

Buck was way off his game yesterday. In the zone he left shooters open for 3 wide open looks, all resulted in 3's. Finley just tossed his hands up in disgust at Buck. Yes it was his first game back and all, but there is no excuse that is why Nelson benched is ass for the rest of the game. Any body else notice this?
Old 02-13-2002, 06:02 PM   #6
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

a return to Fin vs Bonzi..

mavs- 109
blazers- 101

fin - 10/19 28 pts
bonzi - 11/18 31 pts
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 06:31 PM   #7
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

I would suspect it was more the fact that Buck was not in game shape. Rust certainly had something to do with it but yur comments are rather harsh considering.

Old 02-13-2002, 06:33 PM   #8
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Mavs 103
Blavers 92

Mavs to cruise. Finley to light it up for 32 points.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 07:03 PM   #9
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

The Blazers will be a tough game, no doubt, but this is a different Blazers team than in years past. With Sabonis gone, they don't have the traditional center anymore. Davis is more like our centers (at least our centers who play) in that he is a PF playing the center spot.

Dallas is playing the B to B, but they didn't change time zones or travel far for that matter. The Mavs are the best road team in the league, this won't matter.

The Portland's guards can't handle ours, Finley preoccupies Bonzo, Wallace has a tough time with Dirk (or Howard as well, as good as Howard has been playing). Portland tries to run with Dallas and gets burned.

It's going to be 9 in a row on the road by the Mavs, 110-103
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 07:47 PM   #10
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Chris Dudley goes off for 57...

Blazers 111,
Mavs 107

(I'm serious about the score...as for my other statement, you decide [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
Old 02-13-2002, 07:49 PM   #11
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

This game will tell us more about where the Mavs are than any game to date. Mavs win!
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 07:49 PM   #12
mick

Dolemite,
Yep.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:54 PM   #13
KEVIN_NY

KEVIN_NY is on a distinguished road

Wallace get ejected.
Zhizhi score 16 points.
Mavs 101 Blazers 99.

KEVIN_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 09:14 PM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Nelson said on Norm's show that he was going to go "big" tonight. Do you think we'll see Dirk, Wang, Bradley, and Howard all on the court at the same time? That would be something...
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 12:10 AM   #15
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

well, that was a pretty weak performance by finley and nash. They basically sucked tonight. Fin's been playing VERY poorly recently. It's obvious that he has no confidence since he came back. He needs to step it up a little.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 12:19 AM   #16
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

The Blazers are the one team I hope we don´t have to play in the first round. They are big and strong and are just killing us on the boards. We can beat them in a 5 game series, but it would be a tough matchup.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 12:58 AM   #17
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

What about the poor defense by Dirk? This was the absolute worse I have seen his defense. It has been pretty poor in the past, but never like this. On the other hand, I think he made up for it on the offensive end. Well until the end of the game, where he kept throwing 3's up and they were not going in.
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 01:49 AM   #18
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one concerned that Finley is averaging 13.5 shots per game since his return? He's only taken more than 15 shots a game twice, the 10-21 outing against the Pacers and the 6-15 outing against the Sonics.

Is it being too passive or as the Crippler suggested, no confidence?

On the one hand, it's nice he didn't come back and shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, but is he passing too much or just being neglected in the offense?
Old 02-14-2002, 02:36 AM   #19
Joe Joe
Banned

I say he has been neglected for the simple fact that the Mavs played better ball without him. Nash and the rest may feel that guys got it done when he wasn't there, maybe they can still do it with him back. That's just my opinion, I may be wrong though. I think Nash and the rest of the guys got to do a better job of getting Fin involved early.
Old 02-14-2002, 09:25 AM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

as long as the mavs are shooting good percentages..i'm not concerned with the amount of shots finley is getting.
the problem wasn't with the shooting last night,...it was with rebounding and defense.
however, it was one game. rebounding and defense aren't strong points for the mavs...but they've played defense and rebounded much better as of late (as compared to last night)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 10:02 AM   #21
TheKid
Diamond Member

Mavs Fin, I'm not concerned about Fin's reduced shots, that could be his role now. It's ok because what I have been seeing is he's there at the end of the game and taking opportunities which is the important thing.
Old 02-14-2002, 11:49 AM   #22
dolemite220

What ever happened to the Fin that would say to the whole team "F this, we're struggling tonight so every one just get on my back and I'll take this team to a victory" (2001 playoffs)
Old 02-14-2002, 02:07 PM   #23
mick

Cripp,

Nash wa sdouble teamed a lot. I don't have an excuse for Finley.
Old 02-14-2002, 04:20 PM   #24
Joe Joe
Banned

That's really no excuse for Nash either. He played horrible, even worse than Finley. If he is doubled teamed, make the right pass and find the open man. He had 7 assist, so sometimes he did that. He also had some TO's too, so in some cases he didn't. There's no excuse for any of these guys, they all played pretty bad including Dirk. They need to get it together, I know it was just 1 L but they add up at the seasons end.
Old 02-14-2002, 04:45 PM   #25
TheKid
Diamond Member

I'm not going to get scared over one loss.. Hell they just ran off 8 in a row on the road, I can accept one loss out of the last nine road games, that's terrific.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:41 PM   #26
dolemite220

Tonight was a tough loss. They just had back to back games and their legs ran out of gas. Portland on the other hand was their first game since the allstar game.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:26 PM   #27
Joe Joe
Banned

That's no excuse Dolemite, the Mavs have had plenty of Back to Back games where they have beaten an better team than Portland on the back end of it. Remember the NJ game where everyone thought they would get blown out? The Mavs played bad, and I am not buying the back to back game situation either.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:47 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

bad games happen.
too much knee jerking going on again..next thing you know, chef ed will pop back in and talk about how the mavs might not even make the playoffs
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote