Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-12-2002, 12:41 PM   #1
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I miss all of these guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Don't get me wrong, I like this year's roster too, but I'd think we'd better off with at least a couple of these players on our team.

--Erick Strickland is lighting things up in Boston this year, and he's a big reason they should make the postseason for the first time since the Reggie Lewis years.

--Hubert Davis is playing exceptionally well in Washington as I knew he would. MJ referred to him as the "consumate professional" and I couldn't say it better myself. In an era of vanishing pure shooters Hubie is one of the few that remains...his 3 point stroke is soooo smooth.

--Mark Bryant is languishing on San Antonio's bench but I expect his minutes to pick up a little bit heading into the postseason (particularly if they play the Lakers he can offer 6 more fouls to use up on Shaq). Does everyone remember how big he was for us against Utah last year in the playoffs especially in Game 1? He went toe-to-toe with Malone.

--Robert Pack remains unsigned...I'd love to see a contender pick him up for the stretch run as an extra guard (why doesn't Cuban sign him for the veteran's minimum instead of having a revolving door as the 3rd PG?).

--Loy Vaught retired, much to the dismay of DJBacklash, who is still in mourning
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

--Club Ced also remains unsigned after splitting time last year between Detroit and Miami. If any team out there is looking for a 3rd scorer, look no further.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:52 PM   #2
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

the only one of those we need is Hubert. I am still pissed that we had to let him go last season to get JuHerpes.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 01:22 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

The only one I miss is Strick. Especially with Bucks continuing injury problems.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 01:44 PM   #4
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

Strick is definately a hustle guy and his energy would be a great addition to the team since he could play both guard positions if needed. For some reason Nellie was not that high on him.

Hubert was fun to watch when he was "on".
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 03:14 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Nelson was asked a couple of weeks ago if the Mavs had any interest in Pack. That answer was a definitive "no". According to Nelson, Pack's style doesn't mix well with what the Mavs want: i.e. a point guard that distributes the ball and shoots from the outside. Plus, I have the feeling the Mavs want to groom a younger point guard to step in after Timmy leaves. The Mavs probably looked at Satterfield and Cook long enough to tell that they had no real future in the NBA. They were basically forced to sign Bell to a longer term contract because you can't have players on 10 days on the I.R. When Finley came back, they needed to put him on the active roster...

However, if Nash or Timmy goes down to injury, I gotta think the Mavs would need to pick up a veteran PG. As much as Nelson doesn't like Pack, he is one of the best unsigned vets at the position.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 03:37 PM   #6
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

It is funny how Nellie has changed on Pack. When he traded for him he said Pack was his guy. Of course couldn't stay healthy and maybe that was part of the problem. However, from what I remember, he could drive to the basket and distribute back out if the shot wasn't there. He was also good at the uptempo game.

To me he would be a good 3rd back up for rest of year. I don't know much about Bell's NBA game.

I realize he is just a rookie, but does anyone else have any insight to Bell in the NBA?
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 08:04 PM   #7
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Hey Mick,
Can't help you there...I've seen a few Suns games this year when he was on the roster but he never got any PT.