Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of
Default Championship parade

Wanna start a thread about the parade. When it will be held, where it will be held, how many of you are thinking about being there etc. I will be there and I will probably bring my 3 year old daughter. It would be great if I can meet up with some of you and have a beer.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I will be there as will the family and several friends!!!

Just waiting to here the details of when and where...anybody know Laura Miller's Facebook page, I imagine her status is getting updated with the route?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I will be there as will the family and several friends!!!

Just waiting to here the details of when and where...anybody know Laura Miller's Facebook page, I imagine her status is getting updated with the route?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Not until the week of June 20th.

Looks like the lessons of 2006 were learned by Dallas City Council.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Not until the week of June 20th.

Looks like the lessons of 2006 were learned by Dallas City Council.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
depiper

depiper is a jewel in the roughdepiper is a jewel in the roughdepiper is a jewel in the roughdepiper is a jewel in the roughdepiper is a jewel in the rough

I'm so fucking happy tears
depiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
oiboyz

oiboyz is on a distinguished road

Man, I don't want to wait a week to see the parade! Ah well, can't complain tonight!
oiboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Would love to go...

also, as soon as anyone finds out info about the plane coming in tomorrow, i would love to know...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #9
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm flying in for the parade!!!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #10
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
City of Dallas spokesman Frank Librio told WFAA-TV that there will be a victory parade to celebrate the Mavericks' NBA championship.

"We don't have a date certain yet, but I can tell you that will most likely be the week of June 20th," he said. "We will announce plans soon and we are ready to throw a big party."

The likely parade route will be from City Hall to the American Airlines Center.

Dallas police say at least 5,000 people have jammed the plaza at Victory Park to celebrate the Mavericks' victory.

Stay tuned for more updates.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...nes-center.ece
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I want to be part of the parade if only I weren't in the Philippines. Can someone please write my name on a piece of cardboard and hold it up while the Mavs float passes by and take a picture of it? Please? I would forever be grateful

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it doesn't rain, for Jason Kidd's sake.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #13
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Bump.

Anyone with parade info, post in here.

I want to make the trip up but am seeing different dates etc.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #14
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Plus, what is the best location to watch the parade? Will the parade simply end outside of AAC, or will AAC be opened for some kind of ceremony?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Parade to be held Thursday morning. More details tomorrow. Link
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #16
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

That sucks I will be in San Jose until Thursday night! I was so looking forward to the parade!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Thursday MORNING?

So I guess people with day jobs won't be there - brace yourself for looting and riots...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-13-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #18
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Planing to make the trip downtown with my brother in-law and nephew.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thursday morning. I love that it's on a weekday/workday. True hardcore fans will be there, not the weekend warriors out to just be around a crowd and act stupid. Well I guess the bums without jobs might be there too. The entire city should be off anyway it's a new holiday. Someone declare it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #20
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

That's a shame for me too because Thursday is too early for me to make travelling plans.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #21
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Thursday MORNING?

So I guess people with day jobs won't be there - brace yourself for looting and riots...
As a Raider fan, looting and riots only happen the night of the championship.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #22
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

I will be there!
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #23
Rick41
Diamond Member

I'll be there FO SHO!!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #24
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Hilarious! Does anyone have the original quote or audio?
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #25
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

I've been to so many mavs games, but making it to downtown Dallas from Waco for the parade will be an entirely different animal I'm sure. For those who have ridden the rail to the AAC, is the parking rail parking free? If not, how much does it usually run? Where are places to park and then ride the rail? If not the rail, what other alternatives do I have? I just have a feeling finding parking anywhere close to downtown will be a madhouse. Any logistical info would be GREATLY appreciated as I definitely don't want to miss it.
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #26
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
I've been to so many mavs games, but making it to downtown Dallas from Waco for the parade will be an entirely different animal I'm sure. For those who have ridden the rail to the AAC, is the parking rail parking free? If not, how much does it usually run? Where are places to park and then ride the rail? If not the rail, what other alternatives do I have? I just have a feeling finding parking anywhere close to downtown will be a madhouse. Any logistical info would be GREATLY appreciated as I definitely don't want to miss it.
Most places last I checked was free to park..and you just pay to ride. I tihnk it's like 4 $ for a day pass.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #27
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

I'll be there as well....I guess I'll be sick that day
Old 06-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #28
SMC0007
Guru

MAybe we should all get some gold bracelets so we will know each other when/if we cross paths?! Then we can high five!..and or chug a beer in the 100+degree sun!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #29
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
I'm just glad that after all these years, it's finally okay for him to expect a parade.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 06-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Once again, sometimes being an adult sucks.

Bleah.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #31
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Thursday MORNING? are you fucking insane, planners?

guess I'll be taking off work then... but come on... Thursday MORNING?
Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #32
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Once again, sometimes being an adult sucks.

Bleah.
indeed....
Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #33
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Most places last I checked was free to park..and you just pay to ride. I tihnk it's like 4 $ for a day pass.
What are some specific locations of the "stations"? Or maybe there's a website with that information? Sorry for the 20 questions!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #34
SMC0007
Guru

http://www.dart.org/riding/dartrail.asp

Check here homie.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Parade to be held Thursday morning. More details tomorrow. Link
Good, waiting a week is nuts. Everyones waiting to get out of town. Having tom fly back in would be crazy.

Also having it during the week gets all of the folks already down there working, you know, the rest of the city.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-13-2011 at 09:20 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #36
Mavsfan2thedeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Thanks a bunch!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #37
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Does anyone know if ESPN or anyone usually broadcasts championship parades live? I would hope that nba.com at least would stream it.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #38
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I'm lucky my sister agreed to drop her husband, son, and myself off at a rail station on her way to work and pick us up later that day.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #39
Arayo
Banned

Arayo is infamous around these parts

/Users/zach_nims/Desktop/jj-shirt.jpg
/Users/zach_nims/Desktop/1752.jpg
/Users/zach_nims/Desktop/dirk-homeboy-close.jpg
/Users/zach_nims/Desktop/dirk_horizontal_main.jpg
/Users/zach_nims/Desktop/dirk_natalieportman.jpg
/Users/zach_nims/Desktop/dirk_shirt.png
/Users/zach_nims/Desktop/175.jpg
/Users/zach_nims/Desktop/stevenson-shirt-small.jpg

here are all the best t-shirts and hats i've found. I'm def. going to be wearing one of these for the parade. I watched the game at the ice house it was really intense there. Such a great game.

If anyone has time I need help winning a commercial contest. I'm living in dallas and just completed a commercial for audiobooks and it just needs views so you really only have to just click on the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuRos...el_video_title

Thanks everyone! Also post up any more funny memorabilia you find! Way to go Mavs!
Arayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

They don't hold these kinds of parades (or any parades, ever) at night, folks. And they're almost always during the week. otherwise the number of people that would come...the necessary police and everything...it just wouldn't work out. This is the way it is.

I am debating going. This is one of those things it would only be nice to say you were there for. Probably wont' see or hear much of any value. Like a football game, it would probably be better viewed on your HD TV on channel 8.