Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #41
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I am not saying that it was good for them under Hussein , but most of them would say that it was better than it is now. I m sure you cant ask those thousand that were murdered by Hussein but at the same time you cant ask the thousands that wree killed by US and as a result of the US being there.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Are your referring to the army? Guess what buddy, we were at war. Geez i think people need to learn to understand what war is. People die. I know it sucks but it happens. They were in the military. They committed many of the atrocities of the Hussein reign. Killing civilians and killing military personel are not equivalent. When you join(or are forced to join) a military you knowingly put your life at risk. Civilians have made no such choice. I cant seriously believe that you honestly think things are worse for them over there than they were before. I will now go look for an article that i remember. I am curious if you are from America or Europe though.

More to come if/when i can find the article i am looking for.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #43
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

NP mann but at least we'r having a civil kind of debate. But i wasnt talking about the Iraqi fighters or soldiers that died, i was referring to the thousands of civilians.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #44
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishForLunch
What is this obsession about power outages. Has it been declared a crime by the so called Human right groups.
No kidding... California can't even get their power straight, who's expecting Iraq to have it figured out?
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #45
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
I didnt say that the 99% was a fact or that they want Hussein back. But most of them would say that it was better under him than it is now.

THE FACTS ARE: Ths same things are going on with the US soldiers that were going on with Saddam, even worse. Rape of young girls ,killing of whole families, pre meditated murders, and soo on...these are the fact and i believe some1 had asked earlier to show what the US has done wrong in Iraq.
Hmmm...random act of "people" (i.e. soldiers) versus state sanctioned rape rooms. Said soldiers on trial for same crime.

Yea...gotcha...your "moral" equivalence is seriously out of kilter.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #46
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, though it goes in a different direction than the debate and even the points ive made, it is worth noting that whether the iraqies are happier now or not, the US is safer. That is not something to be taken lightly.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #47
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If by some disaster the dems retake the house. Here is one of your new committe chairmen. Think HARD before you pull a democrat lever.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #48
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Rep. Rangel to Retire if Dems Falter

By DEVLIN BARRETT
The Associated Press
Wednesday, August 2, 2006; 10:58 AM

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Charles Rangel, a senior Democrat in Congress and the dean of New York's congressional delegation, said Wednesday he'll retire if the Democrats don't retake control of the House this year.

"I'm a poker player and I've had good hands all night long. This is all in," Rangel said in an interview. "I would not put everything on the table if I thought for one minute we would lose."

Rangel, ranking Democrat on the House Ways & Means Committee, is 76 years old and has spent 35 years in Congress. The Democrats need to gain 15 seats in the 2006 midterm election to retake control of the House _ a victory that would return Rangel to the chairmanship of the powerful committee.

"Hell, if we don't take back the House, then the Democrats would go down in history, saying that there's no group in the world that can grab defeat from the jaws of victory," Rangel said in an interview Wednesday. "It just seems like America is so frustrated and fed up like I am and if she's not, then I may have to say maybe it's me."

The Washington Post reported in Wednesday's editions that Rangel would leave Congress if the GOP retained control of the House.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said she was with Rangel at a Harlem church on Sunday, and he never mentioned the possibility of leaving Congress.

"That was news to me," said Pelosi. "We're counting on winning, and we're working very hard in that regard. And when we do, he'll make a great chair of the Ways & Means Committee."
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #49
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
Rep. Rangel to Retire if Dems Falter

By DEVLIN BARRETT
The Associated Press
Wednesday, August 2, 2006; 10:58 AM

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Charles Rangel, a senior Democrat in Congress and the dean of New York's congressional delegation, said Wednesday he'll retire if the Democrats don't retake control of the House this year.

"I'm a poker player and I've had good hands all night long. This is all in," Rangel said in an interview. "I would not put everything on the table if I thought for one minute we would lose."

Rangel, ranking Democrat on the House Ways & Means Committee, is 76 years old and has spent 35 years in Congress. The Democrats need to gain 15 seats in the 2006 midterm election to retake control of the House _ a victory that would return Rangel to the chairmanship of the powerful committee.

"Hell, if we don't take back the House, then the Democrats would go down in history, saying that there's no group in the world that can grab defeat from the jaws of victory," Rangel said in an interview Wednesday. "It just seems like America is so frustrated and fed up like I am and if she's not, then I may have to say maybe it's me."

The Washington Post reported in Wednesday's editions that Rangel would leave Congress if the GOP retained control of the House.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said she was with Rangel at a Harlem church on Sunday, and he never mentioned the possibility of leaving Congress.

"That was news to me," said Pelosi. "We're counting on winning, and we're working very hard in that regard. And when we do, he'll make a great chair of the Ways & Means Committee."

Allright!! That's enough to get the republican base energized right there. I'm outta here, gotta go canvass!