Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-10-2006, 11:09 PM   #41
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs are DONE! Second round and OUT!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2006, 11:17 PM   #42
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
He's so inspriring when he plays. I'm going to name my all of my children after him.
Yikes!
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:26 AM   #43
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Agh!!! Mary!!! What are you doing???
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #44
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Didn't see the game but according to the box score it looks as if Duncan and Ginobilli played like crap. They're making this a consistent habit. I hope this whole trend of when the Spurs lose the Mavs decide to lose ends. I really hope we take these next couple of games. I don't feel safe winning homecourt until we go up atleast 2 games.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:41 AM   #45
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs lose. I'm happy.

Only 12 points for Duncan? Yikes! Time for the Mavs to retake what's theirs.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:13 AM   #46
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

no reason to be happy just yet. we have to play really well to win the next four games and keep the lead over the Spurs. Especially the game against the revitalized Sacramento team makes me worry.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #47
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Agh!!! Mary!!! What are you doing???

It was my best impersonation of a zealous kobe fanatic

If you've ever been to lakerstalk.net after a big kobe performance, you would see I'm really not that far off.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-11-2006 at 02:18 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #48
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
Especially the game against the revitalized Sacramento team makes me worry.
I ain't worried, but you are definitely right about Sacramento being revitalized. Artest has been playing some really, reallly good basketball since he's been in a Kings uniform. Now all they've gotta do is trade Shareef for someone who can rebound and they're a 50-win team again IMO.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Kobe! He's the greatest basketball player ever! Screw MJ. What other player could do what he does. If he only had a little bit of talent around him, the trophy would be his. He's the MVP of the league without a doubt. LeBron James will never be half the player that Kobe is.
If Kobe can play at this level, they shouldn't fear any team in the playoffs really. You never know, it could happen. I bet he's scores 100 before his career is through. You can see it. He's so inspriring when he plays. I'm going to name my all of my children after him.

1. Ghengis
2. Jack the Rapist
3. Maybe kobe dahmer?

that's unfortunate.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #50
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
3. Maybe kobe dahmer?
Funny, but to date, I don't believe anyone has accused Kobe of being a cannibal. Not yet anyway...

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-11-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Funny, but to date, I don't believe anyone has accused Kobe of being a cannibal. Not yet anyway...

There are still 9 months left in the year.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #52
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Bowen couldn't guard him well enough. It would be nice to see those two match up in the first round. By the time they got to us in the playoffs Bowen would be worn down and ready to take a pounding from the revenge seeking GERMAN GIANT

With that said, I think Bowen has made a strong case for the DPOY this year.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 03-11-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:04 PM   #53
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Bowen couldn't guard him well enough. It would be nice to see those two match up in the first round. By the time they got to us in the playoffs Bowen would be worn down and ready to take a pounding from the revenge seeking GERMAN GIANT

With that said, I think Bowen has made a strong case for the DPOY this year.
I cannot believe that Ron Artest is not mentioned in the DPOY conversations. Are we so quick to forget that Ron Ron's performance this year has again prevented the Pacers squad from being contenders? Sinking an entire team? Now THAT'S impressive defense.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-11-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:48 AM   #54
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Artest actually would be my pick for DPOY this season and I'm damn serious.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:04 AM   #55
orangedays
Platinum Member

Irrespective of the fact that he's only played in 36 out of a possible 62 games this season?

*edit: As a side-note, whoever put "In seven games in 2004-05, averaged team-high 24.6 points." under Artest's "Career Highlights" on NBA.com has a great sense of humor.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-12-2006 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:12 AM   #56
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

20 games left. That'll be 56 games if he stays healthy (and out of trouble) 56 games is enough isn't it? I don't know what the rule is exactly.

I know he won't win the award, I'm just saying that if it were up to me he would.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #57
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really expect him not to get suspended for the remainder of the season? There's still 20 games left.