Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-01-2006, 12:02 AM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which of these Western Conference teams will make the Playoffs?

L.A. Lakers 24-20
NO/Oklahoma City 22-22
Minnesota 21-22
Utah 21-24
Golden State 20-23
Sacramento 18-26
Seattle 18-26
Portland 16-27
Houston 15-29

I think the Lakers are in for sure. It wouldn't shock me if they managed to pass Memphis before the season is through.

The eighth seed is pretty much up for grabs.

Its possible Minnie makes a late push, Artest has guaranteed a playoff birth for the Kings, Houstonians have not given up on a healthy Rockets squad, and I wouldn't discount Seattle getting on a roll.

Which one makes it?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 02-01-2006 at 12:08 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Good thread
1. Mavs
2. PHX
3. Denver??? yuck.
4. SA
5. Clipps
6. Grizz
7. LA
8. Minny or GS???? wow...I have no clue.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:14 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rooting for GS to get the final spot but Minnesota looks ready for the late push.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

In a perfect world

1. Dallas
2. Pheonix
3. Denver
4. San Antonio
5. Clippers
6. Lakers
7. Memphis
8. NO/OKC

But realistically

1-4 the same.

5. Memphis
6. Clippers
7. Lakers
8. Golden State

If Lakers were 6th and Memphis 7th, i actually think both team could knock off Pheonix and Denver. And as far as NO/OKC, i want Dallas to have the easiest 1st round they could possibly get. That's not to say NO isn't good, but we match up far better with them than any other other team fighting for the 8th seed.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:53 AM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I still think Houston can get on a helluva roll with a fully healthy team; however, it looks like they are too far back now. With that said, I am going to hope like hell that LA misses again and say that 7 goes to Minny and 8 goes to GS. God I hate Kobe!
Old 02-01-2006, 01:01 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

God I hate Kobe!

was this a direct address or an exclamation?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:07 AM   #7
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
God I hate Kobe!

was this a direct address or an exclamation?
Exclamation! God knows how I feel about him without the need to tell him directly.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:51 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know, and honestly do not care. They are all fodder.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
I still think Houston can get on a helluva roll with a fully healthy team; however, it looks like they are too far back now. With that said, I am going to hope like hell that LA misses again and say that 7 goes to Minny and 8 goes to GS. God I hate Kobe!
they are 7 games back from 8th place
the current 8th place team holds a .500 record
which means if houston can go something like 14-7, they are back in it
i hate the rockets with a passion
but i would love for them to make the playoffs and lose in the first round
am i being too greedy?
gah i hate them.
i dont want them to get a high lottery pick
i rather have them finish in the middle of the pack and lose in the 1st round
seriously i hate houston

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 02-01-2006 at 10:00 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:21 AM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Houston

I dont think they can make it but either way they scare the hell out of me. If the mavs get the first seed they will be the most dangerous 8th seed in recent memory. If not, they get a lottery pick to go with yao and tmac. Could you imagine them with either a stud pg,actually good pf or another wing player??? Imagine if they get aldridge.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Houston

I dont think they can make it but either way they scare the hell out of me. If the mavs get the first seed they will be the most dangerous 8th seed in recent memory. If not, they get a lottery pick to go with yao and tmac. Could you imagine them with either a stud pg,actually good pf or another wing player??? Imagine if they get aldridge.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #12
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
they are 7 games back from 8th place
the current 8th place team holds a .500 record
which means if houston can go something like 14-7, they are back in it
i hate the rockets with a passion
but i would love for them to make the playoffs and lose in the first round
am i being too greedy?
gah i hate them.
i dont want them to get a high lottery pick
i rather have them finish in the middle of the pack and lose in the 1st round
seriously i hate houston
If the Rockets go 14-7, they'd only be at 29-36. That would still most likely have 'em several games behind the 8th place.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

how did i double post??? i didnt think you could do that anymore.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #14
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

I think the Kings are gonna go on a run with. Ron's gonna make up for Shareef "always have very long holidays" Abdur-Rahim.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Don't know, and honestly do not care. They are all fodder.
Ditto.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #16
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

let's just say the 8th seed needs 45 wins +/- 2

15-29 --> 45-37

30-8, that's asking a bit too much...

eh whatever, i hate the rockets.

Contact Me
Old 02-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

im just scared of them getting another young stud to go with Tmac and yao.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #18
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Imagine if they get aldridge.
Lamarcus is horrible.

A beast in college, but if they got him, I'm sure he'd be a bust like Stromile.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #19
Five-ofan
Guru

Youre nuts. The guy is a great athlete and his biggest thing over Stromile is that he actually has a post game and understands bball.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #20
alby
Guru

I hate the Rockets.

But they just got Yao and T-mac back. They've won two straight. They are only 6 games out of the final playoff spot.

Contact Me
Old 02-04-2006, 04:10 AM   #21
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

I like NO for the 8th spot. Aaron Williams and Steven Hunter more than make up for the loss of C. Anderson as Williams still has hops at his age and he's a good defender and rebounder for his size, while Hunter can block shots.

NO will have some cap room to work with this offseason and if they add a FA big man like Nene, Mohammed, or Przybilla to take some of the load off of/start in place of P. J. Brown, they'll be pretty good next year.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:28 AM   #22
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
In a perfect world

1. Dallas
2. Pheonix
3. Denver
4. San Antonio
5. Clippers
6. Lakers
7. Memphis
8. NO/OKC

Actually in a perfect world it'd be

1. Dallas
2. Clippers
3..Denver
4. San Antonio
5. Pheonix
6.Memphis
7.Lakers
8. No/OKC

let the Spurs and Suns knock one of thereselves out, then Dallas would have to play one of them to make it to the Finals
Old 02-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #23
alby
Guru

I want to beat the best. And honestly, I think Houston will get in because the NBA championship goes through Texas =]

Contact Me
Old 02-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #24
Milles

Milles will become famous soon enoughMilles will become famous soon enough

With the injury to Lamar Odom, I can see the Lakers dropping, particularly as he may be out until after the ASG. There are too many teams looking for 7/8, once you start slipping in the standings it could be hard to make up any ground.

NOOCH, should get at least 8th spot. Looks like the Hunter trade has hit a snag, he failed his physical.

Utah, I like them for 8th, they still have Boozer expected to make a return, who knows what they will be like then.
Milles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #25
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Golden St. has played a lot of teams tough. Troy Murphy has an improved offensive game that head fake on Duncan a few games ago was sweet. Baron Davis is a helluva point guard.

Odom is the most overrated player in the history of basketball. The Lakers should have sent him to Indiana for Ron Ron.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #26
alby
Guru

Rockets have won three straight

Contact Me
Old 02-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #27
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I hope for some reason that NO makes it. They wont get anywhere but i think if they make it Paul should be considered for MVP. After Dirk ofcourse.
Ohh and if Utah makes it they will go past the first round probably beat SA.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #28
alby
Guru

probably beat SA???

maybe 15 years ago...

Contact Me
Old 02-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #29
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Ok we have to wait and see if they make it and get that match up.
I am tellin u Utah is good and could surprise a lot of people in the playoffs.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #30
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Ok we have to wait and see if they make it and get that match up.
I am tellin u Utah is good and could surprise a lot of people in the playoffs.
Utah is playing Sacramento right now. And Sac-Town looks hot. Artest is playing some great D and Bibby is hitting shots from all over the court.

Sacramento has a really talented team and the last game they were ahead in the fourth quarter and then lost, because Artest got injured.

Oh and Kevin Martin can shoot the ball!

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #31
alby
Guru

utah lost by 18 to the kings...

Contact Me
Old 02-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #32
alby
Guru

Quote:
Rockets have won three straight
Rockets have won four straight

Contact Me
Old 02-11-2006, 11:01 PM   #33
alby
Guru

rockets have won 5 of 6 and are now five games out of the playoffs.

Contact Me
Old 02-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #34
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they get the 8th seed and we get the 1st seed so we can beat them in the first round again.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:40 AM   #35
alby
Guru

That, to me, would be perfect =]

Contact Me
Old 02-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #36
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Just imagine, Houston in the first, San Antonio in the second, Phoenix in the Conference Finals, Detroit in the finals... Sounds nice to me.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:13 AM   #37
alby
Guru

you're not picking your Pacers anymore?

Contact Me
Old 02-12-2006, 01:18 AM   #38
alby
Guru

Memphis beat the Lakers in LA today 100-99

what a game

Pau Gasol
31 12 7

6 NO/Oklahoma City: 27-23
7 Memphis: 27-23
8 LA Lakers: 25-25
9 Utah: 25-26
10 Golden State 23-27
11 Sacramento 22-28
12 Minnesota 22-28
13 Houston 20-30
14 Seattle 20-30
15 Portland 17-31

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 02-12-2006 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:08 AM   #39
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
you're not picking your Pacers anymore?
Actually, if Jermaine miraculously came back and that time got a couple of months of good time together, I just might.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:42 AM   #40
alby
Guru

The Rockets have now won 6 of 7 and our 4 1/2 games out of the playoffs.

Contact Me