Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-15-2006, 12:12 AM   #41
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The Rockets are blowing out the Clippers at the Staples Center and will probably go on to win 7 of their last 8.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 02-15-2006 at 12:12 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #42
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Rockets beat the Clippers again tonight in Houston and are 8-2 in their last 10

Contact Me
Old 02-23-2006, 12:05 AM   #43
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I still dont think they make it but i think it is possible now which is something i didnt think a couple of weeks ago.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #44
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Rockets are 4 games behind the Lakers for the last spot, I see them pushing past the other middling teams in the conference with both Yao and T-Mac healthy and getting in near or at the cut. I don't see the Hornets sustaining their run without Chris Paul fully healthy so they'll likely be out, Memphis is doing well and Grizzly Adams is playing like a madman, perhaps the #5 spot will be theirs? The Clips have been on a slide recently, they might drop a spot or two to #6 or 7. I agree that the Kings will probably make a run, I honestly think they'll end up at the 8th spot with the Rockets at #7. Here's what I anticipate we'll see at season's end:

1 - Mavs
2 - Phoenix
3 - Denver (man I'd love to play in That division)
4 - San Antonio
5 - Memphis
6 - L.A. Clips
7 - Houston
8 - Sacramento

Please correct me if I made any seeding mistakes with regards division or whatever.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #45
alby
Guru

Rockets beat the Magic in Orlando today
they are 9-2 in their last 11

Contact Me
Old 02-26-2006, 11:59 PM   #46
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I was hoping someone would bump this thread
Old 03-01-2006, 12:42 AM   #47
blahblehblah

blahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Rockets beat the Magic in Orlando today
they are 9-2 in their last 11
Rockets got roasted by the Suns Again monday and are now 3.5 games out.
they are however 10-3 in feb but are 25-32.

Sacto meanwhile has also been pretty good with artest lately going 7-3 and are only 2 games out. They are 26-30.

Lakers are the 8th seed at 28-28 and have been playing poorly 4-6 with kobe avg 31 in FEB after his torrid 41 in january.

I think these three teams and utah are battling for the last playoff seed with memphis easily making it in as the 7th seed. Out of the four, houston is the best team but has the worst remaining schedule and a suspect T-Mac. Lakers are probly the wrst team and IMO will not make it despite the ability of kobe/phil. Sacto has a good team with the better remaining shedule and record, so i d put them as a SLIGHT fav to beat out the rockets... though if i was a betting man, i might pick the rockets.
blahblehblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:47 AM   #48
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Minnesota - sitck a fork in the Mo Fo's.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:50 AM   #49
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Minnesota - sitck a fork in the Mo Fo's.
Not exactly a wolf but I aim to please :

Old 03-01-2006, 12:51 AM   #50
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent!!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 03-01-2006, 01:00 AM   #51
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think these three teams and utah are battling for the last playoff seed with memphis easily making it in as the 7th seed.
Utah is only a couple games behind Denver and the 3rd seed. With Boozer getting his legs back under him and Deron starting to figure it out I could easily see them winning the division.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:45 PM   #52
orangedays
Platinum Member

D'oh, Rockets lose a nail-biter to the 76s, are 4.5 games behind the Lakers now, who, incidentally, are losing to the Blazers 66-55 with about 4 min. left in the 3rd.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-01-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #53
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

The Rockets are teh suck.

Seriously though, if I were running that team, Van Gundy would be gone.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #54
orangedays
Platinum Member

Haha, they're trying to turn it around - they are 10-3 for the month of February (with both Yao and T-Mac back in the line-up), a pretty drastic improvement. Rockets were raped this year by injuries and were on a solid roll pre-Suns & Sixers. Anyways, I only like them cause of Yao.

...and that stupid three-finger wagging/handjob thing they did in last year's playoffs was retarded. Yao didn't have nothin' to do with that .

Last edited by orangedays; 03-01-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #55
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I think Yao has shown absolutely tremendous progress this season. I really think he's the best center in the league these days. They just need a coach and guards that realize that it's nice to give your 20ppg center the darn ball every now and then, epecially when he's 5 feet or less from the basket.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:12 AM   #56
orangedays
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
I think Yao has shown absolutely tremendous progress this season. I really think he's the best center in the league these days. They just need a coach and guards that realize that it's nice to give your 20ppg center the darn ball every now and then, epecially when he's 5 feet or less from the basket.
Word!
Old 03-04-2006, 01:49 AM   #57
orangedays
Platinum Member

Rockets beat the Nuggets 89-78.

Sacramento, Utah and the Lakers all win though...no movement for the fence riders.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #58
mary
Troll Hunter

Update.

Things are going to be interesting down the stretch.

The Kling-Ons:

OK Hornets 31-29
Kobes 32-30

Battling for a playoff spot:

Kings 30-31 - 1 1/2 GB
Utes 30-31 - 1 1/2 GB
Houston 29-33 - 3 GB

Last edited by mary; 03-09-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:26 AM   #59
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

I would not be surpised if both Sac-Town and Houston make the playoffs...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:26 AM   #60
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a pretty good chance that the 8th seed will go into he playoffs playing better basketball than the 5th seed.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #61
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
There's a pretty good chance that the 8th seed will go into he playoffs playing better basketball than the 5th seed.
Yeah. Houston has got the problem with T-macs back, but I'd be somehow afraid of Sacramento, since they have just gotten Bonzi Wells back and are now a pretty deep, defense playing, high-scoring team that can get a lot of stops.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #62
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Kings!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:57 AM   #63
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
Yeah. Houston has got the problem with T-macs back, but I'd be somehow afraid of Sacramento, since they have just gotten Bonzi Wells back and are now a pretty deep, defense playing, high-scoring team that can get a lot of stops.
I'd like to see them make it to the 7th seed to challenge PXH. Houston doesn't have much of a chance against the Suns because Yao is less effective in that type of game but a Sac/PHX series would be fun. We've seen what Bibby can do to Nash in the playoffs.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote