Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough
Default Jazz Vs Rockets first round series

Got to admit this is a series I'm really looking forward to one that I could see going the distance.

Both teams have inside scoring options, both teams have some good scoring guards, good enough depth and defense. Houston have the best defensive team in the league stats wise and two superstars in Yao and T-mac. Good on the ball defenders. Shane Battier was quite a pick-up for that team. Many are talking about him being the defensive player of the year this season. While also adding some offense and three-point shooting.

Utah have a very strong frontcourt with AK47, Boozer and Okur. Which is pretty tough to stop inside and out. Okur is having his best season yet while Boozer has been a consistant 20 and 10 guy all season long.

Granted the Jazz don't have any shooting guard in comparision to say Tracy Mcgrady but they do have one of the best point guards in the league and a guy 2nd to Nash in assists in Deron Williams. Compared to Houston who have only Rafer Alston who while he is a good shooter is very streaky and isn't in the class of Williams. Utah may well start Derek Fisher not only due to him being their next best option at SG but because of his great championship experience he has. Not sure match-up wise with T-mac being so much bigger than Fisher and who guards who there.

Coaching battle will be key, both JVG and Sloan are very experienced and defensive minded guys who always want their players to play hard and nothing else will be ok. Hense why JVG has been so tough on Bonzi Wells. Who If healthly could be a difference maker. E.g. his performance against the Spurs in the playoffs last season. Although yes he was in a contract year.

Yao looks to be trying to get back to his best, he struggled a little after coming back from injury now he seems to be getting back to normal.39 and 11 last game against L.A proves this.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Mavs/Rockets in the 2nd round. Houston would be a tougher match-up but I dunno I want to see the Mavs beat the best possible teams and to me the Rockets are a better team than the Jazz. Mainly with Yao back as him and T-mac are one of the best two duo's in the league. They play great defense and have good role players which is dangerous for any team to face. Mainly in a 7 game series.

That said this should still be a good series and the best out of all the first round series that I see happening.

Just wanted to get my thoughts on here on the forum about two very good teams going head to head.

Although Utah have won their division the two teams are battling for who has homecourt. Funny enough the two teams meet tonight in Houston. Should be a good preview.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

hooray for run on sentences i really like them so much they are a lot of fun to use they are hard to understand.
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

they also play each other in the last game of the season. it's gonna be interesting. utah has been failing to find consistency lately - if they're going to turn it on, tonight would be a great opportunity.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:26 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking of a place to put this thought, and there's the thread!!

The most significant thing that happened in terms of playoff discussion today in the NBA, was not the Suns making 2 out of every 3 shots they took, and not the Spurs losing to a shitey East team, but the Jazz winning IN HOUSTON.

That tells you a little something right there, and I'm excited to watch this series, rooting hard for the Jazz boys all the way. Utah does have some balls after all, but they need to win a LOT of games to maintain home court still.

These teams meet agian before the playoffs start don't they?

juicy.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-01-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I was just thinking of a place to put this thought, and there's the thread!!

The most significant thing that happened in terms of playoff discussion today in the NBA, was not the Suns making 2 out of every 3 shots they took, and not the Spurs losing to a shitey East team, but the Jazz winning IN HOUSTON.

That tells you a little something right there, and I'm excited to watch this series, rooting hard for the Jazz boys all the way. Utah does have some balls after all, but they need to win a LOT of games to maintain home court still.

These teams meet agian before the playoffs start don't they?juicy.
Yep, last game of the season on 4-18.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

ah very good.

Like I said though, Jazz need to win a LOT of games.

Van Gundy's going to ride Yao like a 3$ Bejing Hooker until het gets home court advantage
Old 04-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
And1

LOL^
Old 04-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #8
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve13

I wouldn't mind seeing a Mavs/Rockets in the 2nd round. Houston would be a tougher match-up but I dunno I want to see the Mavs beat the best possible teams and to me the Rockets are a better team than the Jazz. Mainly with Yao back as him and T-mac are one of the best two duo's in the league. They play great defense and have good role players which is dangerous for any team to face. Mainly in a 7 game series.
The Mavs will see the best team. Like you said a 7 game series. That why we no longer have any five game series. The best team wins in seven.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #9
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Go Jazz, please don't let me face the Rox fans again...

*sigh* AK
Old 04-06-2007, 02:55 AM   #10
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Rockets are mathematically locked at the #5 seed. They can't move up or down no matter what crazy scenario your wild imagination comes up with.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #11
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

right, but homecourt still goes to the team with the better record overall.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #12
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
right, but homecourt still goes to the team with the better record overall.
Right, I was just posting random trivia for no particular reason. The fact that it's mathematical for a #5 seed this early is a little surprising, because that takes the most ridiculous extreme cases into account.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-06-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #13
hburtts

hburtts is on a distinguished road

Dallas Fans:

Who do ya'll think will win this series?
hburtts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #14
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hburtts
Dallas Fans:

A strange thing to ponder, is it not?

We have a team that's too inexperienced to win a playoff series, against a team who's star player has failed too many times to ever win a playoff series. The idea of the Utah Jazz in the second round is foreign to me, giving how they've performed in recent years, but the idea of the Rockets there is just plain weird.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #15
hburtts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
A strange thing to ponder, is it not?

We have a team that's too inexperienced to win a playoff series, against a team who's star player has failed too many times to ever win a playoff series. The idea of the Utah Jazz in the second round is foreign to me, giving how they've performed in recent years, but the idea of the Rockets there is just plain weird.
. . .and your answer is? Maybe a better question would be . . .do you care who wins?
Old 04-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #16
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dallas Fans:

hard to say, i haven't seen the jazz play in quite some time. Is the stockton - malone pick-and-roll as lethal as ever?

cheers
Old 04-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #17
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
. . .and your answer is? Maybe a better question would be . . .do you care who wins?
It should be an interesting series, but probably not that fun to watch. With Utah's big guys and Houston's half court style, we're looking at WNBA-type final scores (in the 70s). No offense, as I mean WNBA entirely in terms of the final score.

Both teams have completely owned us once this season. I would like to see the Jazz, if only for the purpose of heckling rockettrolls (not calling you one) for never getting out of the first round. And I'm pretty sure the Mavs would be heavy favorites against the Jazz too.

It will probably be the Rockets though, and here's why. For once, they're actually the better team in the first round. Although T-Mac has failed so many times in the past, he's had the lower seed and wasn't the favorite. They would be a tougher handful than the Jazz in the second round, but I still think the biggest problem in that situation will be all the rockettrolls cluttering the forum.

People have criticized the mental toughness of the Mavs because of last year's finals, but they have shown mental toughness in the past, e.g. Dirk is 4-0 in Game 7, and he had his famous and-one against the Spurs. On the other hand, the Rockets seem to have a much tougher time under pressure. A good example is the last Mavs/Rockets game. Did it not seem that in the final moments that T-Mac and JVG were just plain scared? T-Mac bricked the free throws and JVG wasted his timeouts too early. I'm aware that Dirk has missed big FTs in the past, and I'm aware of 13 in 35, but overall I just foresee psychological problems in Houston in the face of intense adversity.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #18
hburtts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
hard to say, i haven't seen the jazz play in quite some time. Is the stockton - malone pick-and-roll as lethal as ever?

cheers
Indeed it is.

They picked us apart late in Sunday's game and we had absolutely no answer for it. I hate it, but it's damn efficient. You may remember that play from our series a couple of years ago?!!

Yes, the same series ya'll won as we choked away game 7 (just thought I'd beat you to the punch!)
Old 04-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #19
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Indeed it is.

They picked us apart late in Sunday's game and we had absolutely no answer for it. I hate it, but it's damn efficient. You may remember that play from our series a couple of years ago?!!

Yes, the same series ya'll won as we choked away game 7 (just thought I'd beat you to the punch!)
well then, if stockton and malone are playing well I think it will be very difficult for the Rockets.

...and it would never occur to me to bring up the 116-76 curb-stomping smack-down texas sized butt-whooping from game 7.

anyhoo...how's t-mac's back? i think i'd wanna know whether he's good to go before I laid any money down.

cheers

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-06-2007 at 05:29 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #20
hburtts

Quote:
well then, if stockton and malone are playing well I think it will be very difficult for the Rockets.
. . .can't think of a witty reply

Quote:
and it would never occur to me to bring up the 116-76 curb-stomping smack-down texas sized butt-whooping from game 7.
I thought I performed a pre-emptive strike to avoid this kind of seen-it-coming from a mile away comment.

Quote:
anyhoo...how's t-mac's back? i think i'd wanna know whether he's good to go before I laid any money down.
Questionable as ever (along with is heart).

cheers[/QUOTE]
Old 04-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #21
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Questionable as ever (along with is heart).
got that right
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #22
hburtts

Quote:
we're looking at WNBA-type final scores (in the 70s).
spot on.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure the Mavs would be heavy favorites against the Jazz too.
No doubt you're the absolute pick for either series matchup. I'm trying to be a complete non-homer when I say this: If I were a Dallas fan, I'm rooting for Utah. You've got a tough road ahead and the Jazz are probably the path of least resistance. We can debate more on that later.

Quote:
T-Mac bricked the free throws .
A reocurring theme this season. Mac's free throws have been mediocre at best. Throw in playoff intensity, and it seems to be a ripe situation for failure.

With that being said, I believe this years Rocket Team will get out of the first round. Although I've been bagging on Mac lately (he's not playing tonight and I wouldn't be suprised if he's called it in until the playoffs start ), I halfway keep expecting him to give us Houston Fans a little killer Kobe instinct and start destroying people. For us it's not rocket science (accidental play on words), Tracy is the key to our post season success. I know what Yao will give us. I know what our supporting cast gives us. If Tracy relegates himself to glorified jumpshooter extraordinaire, we're dead in the water. BUT, if he slashes to the basket and we get matched up with teams who can't front Yao effectively (Dallas being one of those teams); we are going to be hell to deal with and I like our chances against anybody (save Pheonix)
Old 04-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #23
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I have no doubt that Jazz/Rockets will be the biggest first round series this season, although if Heat & Cavs face off, that might be equally big (depending on Diva...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #24
haywoodjay

haywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these parts

Quote:
It should be an interesting series, but probably not that fun to watch. With Utah's big guys and Houston's half court style, we're looking at WNBA-type final scores (in the 70s). No offense, as I mean WNBA entirely in terms of the final score.

Both teams have completely owned us once this season. I would like to see the Jazz, if only for the purpose of heckling rockettrolls (not calling you one) for never getting out of the first round. And I'm pretty sure the Mavs would be heavy favorites against the Jazz too.

It will probably be the Rockets though, and here's why. For once, they're actually the better team in the first round. Although T-Mac has failed so many times in the past, he's had the lower seed and wasn't the favorite. They would be a tougher handful than the Jazz in the second round, but I still think the biggest problem in that situation will be all the rockettrolls cluttering the forum.

People have criticized the mental toughness of the Mavs because of last year's finals, but they have shown mental toughness in the past, e.g. Dirk is 4-0 in Game 7, and he had his famous and-one against the Spurs. On the other hand, the Rockets seem to have a much tougher time under pressure. A good example is the last Mavs/Rockets game. Did it not seem that in the final moments that T-Mac and JVG were just plain scared? T-Mac bricked the free throws and JVG wasted his timeouts too early. I'm aware that Dirk has missed big FTs in the past, and I'm aware of 13 in 35, but overall I just foresee psychological problems in Houston in the face of intense adversity.
i'm a houston fan born and raised, but i think this is a pretty good analysis. the rockets biggest weakness - by far - is that they are mentally soft. not an ounce of killer instinct in the whole team. when the game comes down to the line, you can damn near guarantee that the rockets will miss crucial ft's, miss defensive assignments, turn the ball over, miss wide open looks, or take a horrible shot.... and unfortunately, tmac is not the player he was 2 years ago.

when we're on, i think we're as good as any team in team inthe league... but we're missing that mental toughness that a team needs to win the title. it gets very frustrating.
haywoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #25
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

I think the key to the series would be T-Mac, IF his back holds up. The Jazz have been killed all season by talented 2 guards (Kobe, Allen, Arenas come to mind) because they really have no one to put there. All season long the recurring theme and adjustment that the Jazz have made is who the 2 starter is. They go from Derek Fisher to Gordon Giricek all the time, however no one is capable of defending all star caliber wing players. Kirilenko was always challenged a little bit on the speed departament, as he is 6-9 or 6-10 and plus he seems not to give a shit this year anyway. If I would lay money I would say Rox however I would prefer to play the Jazz as a Mav fan. Contrary to popular belief the Jazz have a tendency to get into high scoring affairs, which would favor the Mavs. Also they have no one to guard Dirk or Howard, it might cause them huge matchup problems. Dirk owned Kirilienko two years ago in the European Championship and has never really been bothered by him. If they put Boozer on Dirk I would love it, Booz would get more tired and in foul trouble without serious possibilities of stopping him. However all of this is a 2nd round issue. I really really don't wanna see the T-Mac and Yao pick and roll again for a whole series, but I get a feeling I will and they are bound to cause us some problems.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #26
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

first to 65 will win each game....this will probably have the lowest ratings of any nba playoff series ever.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #27
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Can't wait for this series, in the long haul I'm going against the general consensus here and going with the Jazz in 6. They have an amazing froncourt (Yao can't guard them all), a PG that rivals Chris Paul (although many people don't realize it), and a superior coach (VG only coaches one side of the court). The only glaring weakness everyone knows about is the SG spot so hopefully Tmac is healthy to exploit it.

I think a second round either would be interesting, don't know which i'd prefer. Probably the Jazz because of the Rockets trolls factor.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:59 AM   #28
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Both the Rockets and the Jazz look horrible and/or banged up right now. The second round will be as easy as the first for the Mavs this year.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:37 AM   #29
And1

we shall see^^
Old 04-08-2007, 02:31 AM   #30
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
first to 65 will win each game....this will probably have the lowest ratings of any nba playoff series ever.
yao alone will prevent this from being the case
Old 04-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #31
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I agree with tokey41 post and i'll go with Utah in 6 but a good series and hard fault. Ming must really dominate and Boozer has been so good and Utah is just to physical. The point guard Utah has, no one has even heard of, b ut go ook at his numbers. Utah hs so many physical players and some can shoot but he is right, at times the shooting guard position get's them. They are making up a pretty good team and need to add to it with a good shooter next year.

Houston's coach is a defensive coach so this should be a great physical series. Ming must not get in foul trouble because this would kill them.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #32
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Utah sucks.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Roger
Old 04-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Its kinda like forcing two opposed magnets to be together on a beer can-- when you let go one will fly off, but you really have to wonder why anyone would put two magnets on a beercan in the first place since they obviously don't belong.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:55 PM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Its kinda like forcing two opposed magnets to be together on a beer can-- when you let go one will fly off, but you really have to wonder why anyone would put two magnets on a beercan in the first place since they obviously don't belong.
You are on some kind of fire tonig..... wait...wait...

What kind of beer?
Old 04-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #36
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

*gets out list.... rights down beer in aluminum cans, 2 magnets*

*starts to head out to store until he realizes it's past midight*

*decides to call it a night and make his beer and magnet run tomorrow*
Old 04-10-2007, 01:37 AM   #37
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Utah sucks.
It's convincing arguments like these that make me realize I'm wrong.

But just to clarify... in what areas do you see the Rockets being clearly superior in? Why do they suck less than Utah?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:51 AM   #38
And1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
It's convincing arguments like these that make me realize I'm wrong.

But just to clarify... in what areas do you see the Rockets being clearly superior in? Why do they suck less than Utah?
Northwest W L PCT GB CONF DIV HOME ROAD L 10 STREAK
Utah5nw 48 29 0.623 0.0 29-18 9-5 29-8 19-21 4-6 L 4

This might give you a clue.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

When scoreboarding the super awesome Utah Jazz is the coolest thing you can do.... I dont know... kind of sad.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Houston is 6-4 over the last 10, which isn't all that great. If you had caught them a couple of games ago you could also say that they were on a losing streak of their own, losing to the Utah Jazz, the Warriors and the Trailblazers.

Rockets also are 1-2 so far against the Jazz and are notorious for their ability to blow a good season with an awful first-round series.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote