Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-21-2001, 08:28 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The new Dallas-Mavs.com Chat has been installed for test purposes. Everyone please give it a try.

Dallas-Mavs.com Chat
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2001, 08:40 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Chat room seems to be working ok. I've disabled the old crappy chat room.
Old 03-21-2001, 08:43 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I doesn't look like the chat option is on the option bar at the top of the screen anymore...
Old 03-21-2001, 08:44 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

Ya the tab was removed when I disabled the chat room function. For now, use the link above.
Old 03-21-2001, 08:53 PM   #5
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

put that link in the mavs forum as well if you can...it's hard to find here.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 09:05 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

Ya that's definitely something I'll have to add to the TO-DO list.
Old 03-21-2001, 09:32 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

It ain't working for me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] . It just has a big grey box in the middle with nothing on it.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 09:33 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

A little msg should pop up asking if you wanna install the chat applet. Just click yes and that should take you to the login screen (where you punch in a nickname).
Old 03-21-2001, 09:50 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Anybody in there right now? 9:45 pm central. If so then it's not working for me.

Old 03-21-2001, 10:02 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ok, it's working. Took for ever though.

Old 03-22-2001, 02:36 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

Chat room is not compatible with Macs, but Mac users can still access it using an IRC program like mIRC.
Old 03-22-2001, 05:11 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

Temporary text links added to the top of each page. Chat room should be easy to find now.
Old 03-22-2001, 08:55 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Sweet, I like it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 07-02-2001, 01:44 PM   #14
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Does anyone ever use the chat room? Whenever I try it no one is in there and it takes off the "r" in Flying Tiger. Murphy and Rob are on now...yall go to the chat room so I can see if it works.
Old 07-02-2001, 01:48 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

I'm sure - no I KNOW - the chat room will take off once the season rolls along. I, for one, plan on chatting it up during games, since I'll no longer be able to attend any.
Old 07-02-2001, 01:52 PM   #16
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Ok...that's cool. I'm glad Frosty is back.
Old 07-03-2001, 03:03 PM   #17
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the chat room is cool during the season. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 11:48 PM   #18
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Could one of you guys coach me through using a chat room. I've had a cable modem for two years and a regular modem before that, but I've never been to a chat room. I spend most of my time on the internet researching stuff.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 10:51 AM   #19
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Sure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

First thing you do is click where it says "Chat" at the top left of the screen.

A screen may pop-up asking if you want to run some kinda program or something. Click "Yes". (this screen may not pop-up on your computer)

Then the next screen ask to "Enter your Nick Name"(MFFL). Then click "Connect Now".

Wait a few minutes(sometimes it takes a while) and your in the chat room.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2001, 12:49 PM   #20
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

What's the "B" button for? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2001, 01:49 PM   #21
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Push that if you want your reply to be in bold. And the little box with all the colors is for picking what color print you want in your reply.

They both have to be clicked before every reply, otherwise your next reply will just be in the normal font and color(black).

Old 07-15-2001, 03:11 PM   #22
MFFL
Guru

So you just hit enter to send your message. Pretty easy stuff - thanx Rob [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2001, 03:15 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yep, just hit enter.

Just wait 'til there's several other people in there. It's not so easy for someone slow like me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]