Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 02-24-2002, 01:13 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

To go along with the Dallas-Mavs.com Community Standards (accessible by clicking the &quot;faq&quot; link on the toolbar above), a set of actions has been devised to enforce the new rules. If <u>any</u> member is in violation of <u>any</u> portion of the Dallas-Mavs.com Community Standards, a moderator has the right to hand out a strike if he/she deems it necessary. Refer to the outline below for more info on the strikes system. To put it simply, after the fourth strike, the member's account will be permanently deactivated. Strikes will only be issued for what <u>we</u> consider to be extreme cases (in most instances, the mods will discuss the situation collectively before making a final decision).

<u>4-Strike Policy</u>

Strike 1: warning by a Dallas-Mavs.com moderator
Strike 2: one-week account deactivation
Strike 3: one-month account deactivation
Strike 4: permanent account deactivation
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2002, 09:09 AM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

thank you thank you.

a lot of people on this board should be on their third or fourth strike by now seeing as how they've gotten so many chances in the past.

ok maybe not a lot, maybe some.

ok maybe not some, maybe a few.

ok maybe not a few, maybe a couple.

ok maybe not a couple, just one.

just one.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 10:45 AM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to reiterate that strikes won't be handed out for each and every &quot;violation&quot; (if that were the case, a ton of guys here would be on notice). But if the offenses start to add up, or the member is just completely out of line, then the mods will take action.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:15 AM   #4
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

Thank You DJ, great Plan man!!
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 11:32 AM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rather concerned about your last statement dj. The communtiy standards were put into place mainly to control RCF and all of his aliases. This forum rarely had a problem before he showed up and they usually worked themselves out quickly. If you don't consistently enforce your rules, then there are no rules. If there are no rules, then posters like RCF and the like will win and the good posters quit showing up. Do you really want the forum to degenerate to the level of other Maverick boards?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 01:16 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

What I meant by that last comment was that we won't be giving out strikes to everyone who calls someone a name for example. Or to everyone who &quot;eggs&quot; on another individual. Then everyone would be banned and this board would just become too heavily regulated. I think everyone here deserves some leeway and freedom.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:25 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

OK I misunderstood. I understand the need for leeway if certain individuals have earned that leeway. Otherwise one bad day could cause an otherwise good poster to get suspended. Good point. I was just worried that certain individuals who have not earned any leeway would take advantage.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:29 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

It doesn't really have to do with senior members who have earned leeway either. It applies to everyone, newies and veterans alike. That just makes things a lot more fair. The strike system was only put in place to deal with extreme cases, people deliberately trying to mess things up for others.
Old 02-25-2002, 02:20 PM   #9
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

so, for example, if Juwan Howard gets a mav again, and me and murph start to get off on each other once again, will we get striked out?

lol
Old 02-25-2002, 06:25 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

seleen..there's nothing wrong with heated debates..hell, especially if we're going at it in a debate..we're just talking sports and may slip up once in a blue moon..but there's always almost an immediate apology. from judging by what i've read of the rules...that's just part of being on a board..heated debates.

it's when people start calling people names or egging someone on just to get a rise out of them..

of course, heated debates can go too far which could lead to warnings and somesuch..but, i believe that will very rarely happen
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 01:16 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

can we foul out on the fourth strike?
Old 02-26-2002, 01:25 AM   #12
djb
Administrator

Anyone who's irritating enough to get four strikes deserves to be kicked off without hesitation.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:07 PM   #13
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Geeze..this is the first post I've read since I've come back. What's been going on here?
Old 03-01-2002, 11:33 AM   #14
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

If someone were banned for a week and came back under another name, would that be another strike?

I am just asking. Not that anyone would do that.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:16 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Another strike or a Banning.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 10:06 PM   #16
MFFL
Guru

Good - another RCF-free week.
Old 03-04-2002, 02:46 PM   #17
MFFL
Guru

I thought JoeJoe would be gone another week. He got another strike while on suspension didn't he. I thought he couldn't create another name while on suspension?
Old 03-04-2002, 02:49 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

With the shittiness that is AOL ip addresses and Hotmail e-mail accounts, it's virtually impossible for us to &quot;prove&quot; who MikeFin4 was. You should've seen the e-mail MikeFin4 sent to dallmav too..pretty funny stuff. Can you say mulitple personality disorder if he really is a certain someone we all know and love?
Old 03-04-2002, 02:51 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

We have discussed banning ALL AOL ip's but that would prevent a few others from logging in. One solution is to ban Hotmail e-mail accounts, though we'd have to check new members manually because I'm not sure how to develop that script for this board's software.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:09 PM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I wish we could cancel all AOL accounts. But like dj said, we'd loose some current members like MavsFanFinley, Mavinator, and (gulp)Murph. So I don't think thatis possible. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 09:17 PM   #21
MFFL
Guru

If someone has already gotten a second strike and served a week suspension, do they get another warning if they screw up or is it another strike and a one month suspension?
Old 03-06-2002, 01:28 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

and rob, you cannot begin to understand the wrath that would be placed upon this board if that were to happen.