Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #15
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I thought the term "spiritually married" was established earlier in this thread to mean "married" --- but not legally married because polygamy is illegal. no?

as far as the timing of illegality... yes, I'm sure it wasn't a coincidence. But that happens with absurd "legacy laws" .. they hang around on the books until changing them becomes relevent (like, say, when an isloated compound of people starts marrying 14 year old girls to 50 year old men).

Performing oral sex was illegal in my home state of Virgina until 2 years ago... and the only reason someone bothered to change the law was that a woman who for years was the beneficiary of oral treatment without reciprocating had the gal to demand custody and increased alimony based on the demonstrated lawbreaking of her husband during the time of her marriage... and you know what? the law supported her contention.

(This story is pure classical tragedy... not only did this selfish person go for years taking taking taking without giving back in return... then she manages to USE THAT SELFISH FACT FOR MORE GAIN!!??? If the greek tragedy motif plays itself out to its logical conclusion this woman better watch out.... clearly there is going to be a safe full of alimony payments dropping out of a 3rd story window onto her head, or some other similar just deserts.

THESE are the sorts of serious moral issues that can get MY blood flowing))

Once an oudated law ACTUALLY starts to cause problems lawmakers have some impetus to change it.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote