Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of
Default Mavs 94 Pacers 92

Great finish to the game for our beloved Mavs and a nice win. Big shots by Terry and Dirk down the stretch to offset the fluky unskilled shot by TJ Ford and one by Danny Granger.

Nothing much to see here really, we went out there and took care of business against a team we were supposed to take care of business against.

BTW is it me or is Dirk missing a lot of FT's lately? 2 down the stretch tonight.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated by Wright's inability to knock down an open 3 with regularity.

Barea isn't that bad, in small doses

Good stuff from Singleton as always. Is it me or is this guy the perfect role player? Maybe an exaggeration, but you get my point.

Bass is starting to vex me.

Well, not much else to say really, we're 42-28, and 8 of the final 12 are @ home. If we protect the house and just win a few road games we can change our destiny of getting an 8th seed.

Go Mavs.

Last edited by ghazi; 03-20-2009 at 08:34 PM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

dammit ghazi
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Ghazi - that was fast.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Philly game on my Tivo. I have this one on my Tivo. God I love seeing Dirk throwing up game winners.

He doesn't get enough credit for his clutchness. He has hit several over the years but all anyone remembers is the damn free against Miami.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I should throw in our guys played very good defense on Danny Granger tonight, who was limited to just 18 points on 26 shots.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I swear you have that on automatic, ghazi, it doesn't matter who the opponent is.

Dirk, Wright and Kidd are my stars for the game. Wright and Kidd did a lot of great things on defense and Wright was able to add some punch on offense early and Kidd did his part in the 2nd half.

I was going to be terribly concerned with Jet if he didn't do what he did at the end. He's getting some scoring but it just doesn't have the same feel or punch of energy as it usually does.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Ghazi - that was fast.
That's what she said.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk redeemed himself. Kidd was great, with 9 rebounds and clutch steals and some points in the 3rd to help fend off a Indiana run.

Kidd's rebounds made up for Hollin's 1 and JJ's 0.

Bass and JJ had to have been the goats of the game. JJ was marginally okay, I guess. Bass took way too many bad shots.

Singleton had another double double.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Great job Mavs. I will admit I had my doubts, but you pulled it off.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
tcat075
Diamond Member

I still support more Gerald Green minutes, btw.

To me, he looked like a young player anxious to show his coach he deserved minutes. If he starts getting some consistent minutes and isn't trying to earn his way into the rotation any more, he'll settle down a little. I liked his ability to get behind and jump over defenses, as he did on the alley-oop, and I think he's consistent when shooting an open 3 pointer.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #11
tcat075
Diamond Member

One thing we can't forget is that this was the end of a back-to-back. I had forgotten already...
Old 03-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Mavs win!

Great defense down the stretch. Kidd with several key steals, JET with a clutch 3 (although he did struggle quite a bit tonight) and Dirk (also had a bad 2nd half) with the game winner.

Wright had a great game. He really did well defensively and limited Granger's output tonight. He shot relatively well and made some really good passes as well.

Hollins has been playing well as of late. Its nice to see that he has been rewarded with some playing time. I only hopes that he will continue to be given minutes even when Damp comes back. That block in the end game tonight was nice to see!

Singleton had a nice game. Another double double for him. I love his energy and hustle.

JJB in small doses is acceptable. Too much of him is never a good thing. If he only plays within his limits, he is tolerable.

Green started well. However, there were some shots he forced. I think he is trying too hard to impress Carlisle to gain more playing time. Baby steps Gerald, baby steps.

As I mentioned in the game thread, it was one of those rare times when Carlisle showed some emotion after Hollins blocked Granger's shot. It probably was the game plan. They put in Hollins with the hope that he would just out jump Granger to possibly make it a tough shot or hopefully, block it. As soon as it happened, you could see Carlisle showing some emotion. Even JET and Wright gave high fives to Carlisle.

Nice to end the road trip with a win. The Mavs have to build a momentum going into the last few games of this season. They need every victory they can get.

Go Mavs!

Last edited by monty55555; 03-20-2009 at 08:57 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #13
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

"Nowitzki.....Noooooo....(quietness)"

priceless

Kind of awful second half from Dirk and Terry, but big at the end (but that Three from Terry and the whole posession was horrible played).

Singleton should never take a three anymore and Wright should shoot 3 billions during the summer so he can knock down next season the open ones.

Dirk should sleep now 4 days and do just nothing.

That Atlanta-Loss still annoys me
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is still Dirk - that was sweet.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #15
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Dirk looked tired, I am very worried about him running out of steam already.

The inability of making shots when needed (scoring early in the game is no problem as it seems) by anyone not named Dirk and Terry has really been frustrating these two games.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Dirk looked tired, I am very worried about him running out of steam already.

The inability of making shots when needed (scoring early in the game is no problem as it seems) by anyone not named Dirk and Terry has really been frustrating these two games.
I just heard Dirk's interview from the locker room, he admitted he was off for the most part tonight because he just didn't really have the legs from the minutes in Atlanta.

They need Jet to get out of whatever funk he's in, Wright to be a factor and Kidd to be in control. If we're counting on Dirk night in and night out, he's going to have nothing left when we need more.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #17
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, he did say he did not have his legs after playing 45 minutes last night. And truthfully I think that is why his free throws have been off lately too. He is having to expend so much energy just to keep the Mavs afloat.

But hope Dirk realizes that him shooting with tired legs is always a better shot than Wright/Singleton/Barea in the corner. So keep hoisting them up.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:07 PM   #18
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

that was a weird ass game
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #19
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Four days off.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #20
tcat075
Diamond Member

Yes, the Pacer annoucner's reaction to the Dirk shot was awesome.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing much to see here really, ghazi just started a thread he was supposed to take care of anyway.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #22
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

Give me more Hollins and Green!
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #23
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

It must be hard on Dirk carrying the entire franchise on his back for the last five years. F Josh Howard. All-star my ass.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #24
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

The Mavs beat a team they were supposed to beat after losing to a team they were supposed to beat.

It's getting a tad repetitive ghazi.

Anyways, I thought this was a gutsy win for the Mavs. Although the Pacers aren't world beaters this was the 2nd of a back to back. Last night a lot of our starters played heavy minutes in a tough loss so this could've been a let down game. But the Mavs showed some brass balls and played good D down the stretch while Dirk/Jet hit a couple big shots.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 PM   #25
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Yes, the Pacer annoucner's reaction to the Dirk shot was awesome.
Tube it please.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:33 AM   #26
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

I really really think we should go after TJ 2010 FA...I know im texas biased but that kid has always impressed me
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:03 AM   #27
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

---

Dirk said, "SUCK ON THIS MUDDAFUGGAS" -----Ryan said, "GET THAT S OUTTA MY FACE, DGRANG"

Note: Dirk is such a freakin stud. He's already holding up his freakin #1 finger because he knows that S is goin in.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 03-21-2009 at 03:06 AM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:45 AM   #28
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Four days off.
lol, I can envision Kidd from your sig saying that while bobbing his head
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 AM   #29
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

how come you are so anxious about them being tired twelli? they just played alot of games on the road with 2 back to backs. and beat the suns and portland on a back to back on the road..
i think we are looking good right now, especcially if you consider that josh was out for the trip and damp was out the last two games too.
wait till we get to the 8 home games out of 12 to end the season and we may even get the 6th seed
Old 03-21-2009, 06:33 AM   #30
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:46 AM   #31
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Note: Dirk is such a freakin stud. He's already holding up his freakin #1 finger because he knows that S is goin in.
F*****g brilliant
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:46 AM   #32
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Tube it please.
I found the Dallas audio... http://player.cinesport.com/services...id=17098222001

Still looking for the Pacer's audio of the shot.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:36 AM   #33
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

It was dirk!!!! nice job
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #34
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Great finish to the game for our beloved Mavs and a nice win. Big shots by Terry and Dirk down the stretch to offset the fluky unskilled shot by TJ Ford and one by Danny Granger.

Nothing much to see here really, we went out there and took care of business against a team we were supposed to take care of business against.

BTW is it me or is Dirk missing a lot of FT's lately? 2 down the stretch tonight.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated by Wright's inability to knock down an open 3 with regularity.

Barea isn't that bad, in small doses

Good stuff from Singleton as always. Is it me or is this guy the perfect role player? Maybe an exaggeration, but you get my point.

Bass is starting to vex me.

Well, not much else to say really, we're 42-28, and 8 of the final 12 are @ home. If we protect the house and just win a few road games we can change our destiny of getting an 8th seed.

Go Mavs.

Well, thanks for the recap, but after witnessing almost the whole season you definitely should have recognized that there aren't any games we are supposed to take care of business. This team simply doesn't get easy wins, they have to battle for each one.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to worry about Dirk getting tired. With so little offensive help for the most part this season, he's had to carry more of the load on a consistant basis... all of this with more defensive attention focused on him over the course of a full season than at any time in his career. The Mavs have so little offensively that it's more obvious than ever that if you can slow Dirk enough, you're more than likely going to win.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You have to worry about Dirk getting tired. With so little offensive help for the most part this season, he's had to carry more of the load on a consistant basis... all of this with more defensive attention focused on him over the course of a full season than at any time in his career. The Mavs have so little offensively that it's more obvious than ever that if you can slow Dirk enough, you're more than likely going to win.
Well the Mavs are missing their starting center and sf. Injuries have been as bad this season as inconsistency. Dirk has to help make up for losing 23 pgg without Josh and Damp. You never know what you are going to get from the rest of the team outside of Jet offensively so there really is no choice at this point.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #37
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well the Mavs are missing their starting center and sf. Injuries have been as bad this season as inconsistency. Dirk has to help make up for losing 23 pgg without Josh and Damp. You never know what you are going to get from the rest of the team outside of Jet offensively so there really is no choice at this point.
Actually its less points since Hollins should score more than Damp if he is able to stay more than 1min per foul on the court

I said it few games ago, this Hollins has a good chance to become a mini-Chandler next saison with Kidd if he get some more pounds and works a lot on his not-fouling.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #38
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Tube it please.
That's what she...ah nevermind

Great win, boys. At this point in the season, every win is a great win and every loss is a bad loss. BTW, whatever happened to we are looking up in the standings not down thing. Because they are still stuck in the 8th spot with no improvement. They need to win the next two home games, because after that they are on the road again, against tough teams and on national tv. ugh
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #39
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Actually its less points since Hollins should score more than Damp if he is able to stay more than 1min per foul on the court

I said it few games ago, this Hollins has a good chance to become a mini-Chandler next saison with Kidd if he get some more pounds and works a lot on his not-fouling.
Or maybe Chandler has a chance to become the mini-Hollins
Old 03-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #40
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

just a heads up, dirk is about to pass iverson for 2nd most total points in the 00s. If he can put up 1500 next year he should have the 5th most by an player in a single decade since the 70s. Only KAJ in the 70s, english in the 80s, malone in the 90s, and kobe in the 00s would have had more in a single decade since the 70s. Actually wilt and oscar of the 60s are really the only other players who are completely out of reach. So enjoy mavs fans. Youve seen one of the best/most consistent scoring decades from a single player in nba history.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk = clutch...again, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!