Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #121
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Yakuza for the PS2... excellent!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2006, 07:00 AM   #122
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so I ordered the next Zelda...whatever the hell its called...but I have to wait an extra 3 weeks because I'm not ordering it for WII....what crap!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #123
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I finished my first season of my Superstar made a week or so ago with a total of 1,600 yards rushing, 19 rushing TD's, and 125 yards receiving. I made the Pro Bowl as a kick returner.

After the season you get a new apartment that's a lot cooler, but still with the same stuff as your old one. I fired my old agent, because a better agent was willing to sign me, and he has access to the performace institute. You are able to go to the Performance Institute once a week and it's basically like mini camp mode, but you only do the ground attack drill and only one time. Depending on how well you do you get attribute points. You get a bunch of endorsement deals and I was interviewed a lot over the offseason due to my great season and that my team won the Super Bowl. By answering the questions modestly I now have an ego of +11 and I have an influence rating of 56.

I started season 2 and my attributes have gone from 79 at the begining of last season to 86 currently. I was also named a team captain by my coach. You get a new HOF resume, and with the begining of the new season there is an added HOF board that you can access from your computer. There it lists the top 5 current players most worthy of HOF status as voted by the fans. If you crack the top 5 by the time you retire your Superstar is truly a Superstar.

So far I've played 4 weeks into the second season, and I already have 350 yards receving compared to 125 last year. It's real easy once you get the hang of it. I think I'm on my way to another Pro Bowl this year, and this year it'll be as an RB.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:41 AM   #124
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Giving it another try. Created a RB. Guy is rated a 97! overall and was drafted by the 49ers in the 3 ROUND!.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:05 PM   #125
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how much the Nintendo Wii is going to cost? It looks really cool to me.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #126
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Somebody that likes comic books, i need help.

Next month, since i have court cost, i only want to buy 1 video game. Should i get Justice League Heroes or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance? Right now i'm leaning towards Marvel, but most of their characters are unplayable.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #127
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Does anyone know how much the Nintendo Wii is going to cost? It looks really cool to me.
$250, I believe.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:43 PM   #128
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

^^ Indeed.

Quote:
Wii will be sold as an affordable, mass-consumer product at an MSRP in the US of just $249.99. The price includes one wireless Wii Remote controller, one Nunchuk™ controller and the groundbreaking collection of five different Wii Sports games on one disc, which anyone can play using simple physical movements, experienced or not.

Every Wii console will include another distinctive feature: a series of on-screen “channels” that make up the Wii Channel Menu, which makes the console approachable and customizable for everyone, from the most avid gamer to people who have never played before. The Wii Channel Menu is the starting point for all of the console’s functions. The “channels” offer a gateway to a rich variety of entertainment options. When connected to a TV, the Wii Channel Menu offers a simple interface letting users pick games to play, get news or weather, upload and send photos or even create playable caricatures of themselves to use in actual games. The variety of options available through the Wii Channel Menu motivates both gamers and non-gamers to turn on Wii’s power every day.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #129
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
Giving it another try. Created a RB. Guy is rated a 97! overall and was drafted by the 49ers in the 3 ROUND!.
Wow, how'd you manage that? What were his parents like?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 09-29-2006, 05:00 PM   #130
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Howd i manage to be rated 97? Or how did i manage to fall to the third round? Not sure on either front. :| . Dont remember exactly what my parents were. They both had IQ's in the 110-120's and my mom was a swimmer. Thats all i remember.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:35 PM   #131
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
Howd i manage to be rated 97? Or how did i manage to fall to the third round? Not sure on either front. :| . Dont remember exactly what my parents were. They both had IQ's in the 110-120's and my mom was a swimmer. Thats all i remember.
I think you are always drafted in the third round, no matter what. That's pretty impressive though, a 97.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #132
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Hey I need an advice. Im a hardcore microsoft follower. Which next-gen console should I get? The 360, The PS3, or the WII?

Edit: I meant I do Love Microsoft, but Im having doubts on whether to get a 360 or a PS3. I want to have a solid investment for my money.

Last edited by mqywaaah; 11-04-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #133
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

You're a microsoft follower? You should definitely get the wii.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #134
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

lol.

"hardcore microsoft follower" would seem to = 360.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:23 AM   #135
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Yeah. But a lot has been saying that the PS3 kicks ass more than the 360. I'm thinking about making the right decision. I'm not betting against Microsoft, but I just want to get more value for my buck!

Old 10-02-2006, 09:48 AM   #136
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The 360 and the PS3 are on completely different levels......... pricewise. Then there's the argument that it'll take quite a while for the PS3 power to be harnessed to the point it'll really kick the 360's ass. All I know is I'm happy with the 360 at $399. won't the PS3 cost 599 for the premium version?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #137
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am officially pre-ordered for a PS3 at Gamestop. I'm guaranteed a PS3 from the first shipment from Sony. Good Times.

Of course, I'm not actually keeping it. I'm putting that puppy on ebay as soon as I get it.

I also plan on standing in the cold for one at Best Buy when they come out. Should turn a very nice profit on these things on ebay.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #138
bernardos70
Diamond Member

You should make some good money on that....... if they manage to get you one on launch day. If you remember the 360 launch, it doesn't mean much to be pre-ordered for a system these days......
Old 10-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #139
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
You should make some good money on that....... if they manage to get you one on launch day. If you remember the 360 launch, it doesn't mean much to be pre-ordered for a system these days......
Well, Gamestop has changed their policies. Each location was only taking 8 reservations or less. I'm #6 at my location. They are guranteeing a console from Sony's first shipment this time.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-22-2006, 11:40 PM   #140
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

The ps3 will be Sony's downfall... so they say. All hail the 360!!!

Scarface is quite a nice game. Kind of GTA-esque but I guess it suffices the craving. Hella addictivo though!

Old 10-23-2006, 12:12 AM   #141
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Why would it be sony's downfall? I've heard it's a good system.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:31 AM   #142
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Financial Matters...

Old 10-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #143
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

True, but I still think it will do pretty well.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:41 AM   #144
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Better than the 360?

Old 10-23-2006, 01:48 AM   #145
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Nah probably not, but I don't think it will be a flop and I don't think that the 360 will do tons better than it. There are plenty of people who like Sony who will just buy it because they also get the Sony console.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:44 AM   #146
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Microsoft should get credit for what they deserve. I'm tired of hearing Gates' boys being second fiddle to Sony.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #147
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'm not fan of Sony, but the 360 is called a second fiddle because it is. It's second in the U.S. market, and it's a distant third in the international market behind Nintendo.

If you're looking for someone to possibly make a run at Sony this time around, pay attention to the Wii. With such a low base cost, if the motion capture thing is a big hit, Nintendo could do very well with this release.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-23-2006, 05:27 PM   #148
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I'm going to be getting the Wii due to the price difference, and the fact that I always get the Nintendo system. I've never been unhappy with a Nintendo system, so they are the ones I continue to purchase.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:20 AM   #149
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Well, I might be getting a 360 and a Wii. I'll leave the Sony talks with my brothers. They're the Sony fans as they are Japanese. Way I see it, it's like having best of the three worlds while just paying for two of them. (Smirks an evil grin)

My predictions on the Next Gen systems success...
1. Wii
2. 360
3. PS3

Old 10-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #150
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Well, I might be getting a 360 and a Wii. I'll leave the Sony talks with my brothers. They're the Sony fans as they are Japanese. Way I see it, it's like having best of the three worlds while just paying for two of them. (Smirks an evil grin)

My predictions on the Next Gen systems success...
1. Wii
2. 360
3. PS3
There is zero chance the 360 has higher success than the PS3. Zero. And I'm not a Sony fan. I have no interest in having a PS3.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-24-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:48 AM   #151
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

So it could be
1. Wii
2. PS3
3. 360

???

Old 10-25-2006, 01:50 AM   #152
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I think there is some chance, but not much that the 360 does better than the PS3.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:32 AM   #153
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Is North America not the biggest market for consoles nowadays? The 360 ain't doing too shabby over here.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:53 AM   #154
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Oh really? I guess that's relieving to know. I'm so much used to looking at it through the Asian market's side. Since I am in Asia. The success of the consoles are measured by their performance in the Japanese market. Well I think that's just how I see it.

I've always been a big Microsoft fan and used to be for Nintendo too. I guess I just like the Microsoft Team better. I've never been fond of Sony, only until recently was I made into a spectator due to the fact that my step-brother-in-laws are Japanese. (and they really are influential ) It would really bother me to see the 360 lagging behind Nin and Sony if ever it happens. I'd rather see it this way again: 1. Sony/ 360 2. 360 or Nin 3. Nin or Sony (wishful thinking ).

Edit

Last edited by mqywaaah; 11-04-2006 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:18 AM   #155
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Is North America not the biggest market for consoles nowadays? The 360 ain't doing too shabby over here.
It is the biggest market, by far.

But, the 360 has almost no footprint outside of the U.S., so it would have to absolutely dominate the PS3 here to have a chance overall.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-26-2006, 01:18 AM   #156
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Outside the U.S. meaning? Asian Market? -> clearly a PS3
European? -> 360 or Ps3?

Old 11-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #157
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I really like that song from the "gears of war" commercial.... what is it called?
Old 11-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #158
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

The Gears of War Song.. I think.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #159
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

fun when you figure out how to play it.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #160
bernardos70
Diamond Member

NBA 2k7, some epic battles on 4 player mode in the last few days, I tell ya!

Coming this tuesday though......... Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, or Tony Hawk 8? I'll go with Gears of War.

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here