Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #201
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

last screen shot is so you can see the details of me shooting this guy with the smoke.

look in the cross hairs at the dude getting shot up, and notice the smoke and other fog. its pretty sweet.

Last edited by MavsX; 11-27-2007 at 11:02 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2007, 11:16 PM   #202
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

My god, what is your rig to run at that res? I'm struggling here at 1680x1050
Old 11-28-2007, 04:55 AM   #203
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Oh my - all these screens tell me, is that I'll never be able to play that with my actual hardware. Unbelievable how these new games look - where is this all leading to?

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #204
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by MavsX; 11-28-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:39 AM   #205
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
My god, what is your rig to run at that res? I'm struggling here at 1680x1050

ATI Radeon 512 MB 1900 XTX

also, that pic was taken last year at my old crib. So yeah this card is still pretty sweet but no where near the new dual 768 geforce 8800 cards..

also, quit staring at my hand...its creepy.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #206
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
ATI Radeon 512 MB 1900 XTX

also, that pic was taken last year at my old crib. So yeah this card is still pretty sweet but no where near the new dual 768 geforce 8800 cards..

also, quit staring at my hand...its creepy.
That's your hand???? Sike told me you were an old Asian woman.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 AM   #207
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
That's your hand???? Sike told me you were an old Asian woman.

No, that's true. I told Sike i was an old asian woman to satisfy his sexual needs, you see we do the phone sex.

My clients all have different needs, and as such i 'transform' to suit their "needs".

Old 11-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #208
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm considering getting 1 or 2 8800GT's. Right now I'm running a 7800GTX. So you're telling me it runs smooth with everything turned up?

You should try MP sometime. Kill streaks give you special abilities, like UAV's (3 kills), Air strikes (5 kills) and Air Support (7 kills, killer chopper hangs around for a good minute mowing people down on your behalf).

Last edited by bernardos70; 11-28-2007 at 11:51 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #209
MavsX
Diamond Member

Yeah the game runs smooth, on singleplayer i have had 0 problems in 6 hours of play. It loads fast, the maps the game, no issues. No errors, no crashes. nothing. BF2142, and BF2, would always crash.

Multiplayer, was awesome, but since it was my first time, i didn't know the maps, or the weapons. At first i didn't even know who was on my team. i think my first game was 6 ot 7 kills and 40 deaths.
haha. I got better the next game. The multiplay seems like it is a lot faster than BF2, or BF2142, its almost like your playing an arcade. I didn't notice any real significant lag,

my monitor is a 24" dell wide screen. i think its 2407, is the model #.

Like i said, i don't really play many games. I think it just one of those things, you have it because you can.

Now, that i think about it, i know i turned up the juice on the single player version. I don't think i turned up the juice on multiplayer. I only played for like 45 minutes, i'll have to try it again tonight, and let you know.

i don't even think my video card is that sweet, it was awesome last year...but it still beats the ass of everyone i know...

Last edited by MavsX; 11-28-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 PM   #210
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm considering getting 1 or 2 8800GT's. Right now I'm running a 7800GTX. So you're telling me it runs smooth with everything turned up?

You should try MP sometime. Kill streaks give you special abilities, like UAV's (3 kills), Air strikes (5 kills) and Air Support (7 kills, killer chopper hangs around for a good minute mowing people down on your behalf).
here is a review of the 8800gt on toms hardware.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/29/geforce_8800_gt/
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #211
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I just got Super Mario Galaxy for the wii and it's awesome.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #212
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I'm currently addicted to Call of Duty Modern Warfare on PS3.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:26 PM   #213
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
I'm currently addicted to Call of Duty Modern Warfare on PS3.

yeah thats what were talking about, but for the PC
Old 11-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #214
bernardos70
Diamond Member

The PC: The way FPS's were meant to be played.

Today there's a new Batch. Need for Speed: ProStreet; Blacksite: Area 51; Unreal Tournament 3.

MavsX, can you run Crysis on High?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #215
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
yeah thats what were talking about, but for the PC
Yeah but some of us don't have high tech cpu that can handle the game. Hows the online play for PC?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #216
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
The PC: The way FPS's were meant to be played.

Today there's a new Batch. Need for Speed: ProStreet; Blacksite: Area 51; Unreal Tournament 3.

MavsX, can you run Crysis on High?

i dont have crysis.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #217
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah but some of us don't have high tech cpu that can handle the game. Hows the online play for PC?

its pretty good so far, im going to try the Multiplay in a little bit, and turn the settings up and see what happens.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #218
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Quote:
its pretty good so far, im going to try the Multiplay in a little bit, and turn the settings up and see what happens.
Online play on PS3 is awesome, so far i'm ranked a master sergeant. There are 2 negatives about playing online though. 1) I hate the open mics... its gets pretty annoying hearing 12 year olds cursing each other off.... i thought this game was for a mature audience anyways. 2) I hate the Lobby system its pretty gay.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #219
MavsX
Diamond Member

i didn't play last night, i was at the gym late. I'll try and fire that bitch up tonight.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #220
MavsX
Diamond Member

alright so i turned my multiplayer settings up to 1920 X 1280, i had no problems what so ever.
It was pretty cool, below are some screen shots i took of me playing, or when i was dead, i was spectating a fellow team member.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #221
MavsX
Diamond Member

On this image, all that crazy lights like fireworks, that is actually the person being shot at and it is hitting that car so its bouncing off all crazy like.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #222
MavsX
Diamond Member

pretty detailed scenery.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #223
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #224
MavsX
Diamond Member

this is that same damn chopper from Rambo 3, which i watched friday night as a matter of fact...lol

Old 12-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #225
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #226
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #227
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 12-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #228
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

CoD4(360) is my current addiction. Been playing night and day since the day it released.

Completed Mario Galaxy last week. Great game.

And picked up Uncharted for PS3 the other day. Best graphics is a console videogame ever. Really good/fun game too.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #229
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

This sucks you can't list Wii games in this thread because if you could I would mention Order of the Phoenix. It is pretty awesome I must say.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #230
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
This sucks you can't list Wii games in this thread because if you could I would mention Order of the Phoenix. It is pretty awesome I must say.

hey i played the Wii last night for the first time. I dominated at bowling and boxing. It was a lot of fun i must say.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #231
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Has anyone played Rock Band? i'm seriously thinking of getting but idk but its worth the money.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #232
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Has anyone played Rock Band? i'm seriously thinking of getting but idk but its worth the money.

i think there is a screen shot of it on the previous page, from BBL
Old 12-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #233
MavsX
Diamond Member

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/site/fla...vs_crysis.html

that is a link to a video on toms hardware comparing call of duty 4 to crysis. They say COD4 is better, and it is the game of the year!

buy it
Old 12-03-2007, 09:28 AM   #234
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of ours brought over the Wii this weekend. I sampled the new Mario, it was excellent. Played some Lego Star Wars as well. I also shot a -7 on Wii golf, a new personal best.

For my money, the Wii is far and away the best console. I don't play many games by myself, and I have my PC for that. I think i will definitely invest in a Wii next year. They're great for entertaining with friends.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #235
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, as a PC only gamer, the Wii is the the only console I would ever buy, because it's the only console that offers me games that I can't get better versions of for the PC.

BTW, I invested in COD4 over the weekend. I'm not sure I'd call it awesome, but it's pretty good. I was hoping for something a bit more arcady, if that's a word, but that's not very common anymore.

I do really like the unlock system and all the perks you can unlock. Although, if I get Team Killed by another martyr nade, I'm going to freak out.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #236
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Anyone planning on being a little bit galant this christmas? Got a lot of money to burn? Want to do something worthwhile with your life? Well, here's something for you! Donate a 360, PS3, or Wii to the Make-Macky-Very-Happy-This-Christmas Foundation.

Go ahead, help a co-gamer out, let him have his own next gen console! Haha

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #237
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Anyone planning on being a little bit galant this christmas? Got a lot of money to burn? Want to do something worthwhile with your life? Well, here's something for you! Donate a 360, PS3, or Wii to the Make-Macky-Very-Happy-This-Christmas Foundation.

Go ahead, help a co-gamer out, let him have his own next gen console! Haha
negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #238
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Yes, as a PC only gamer, the Wii is the the only console I would ever buy, because it's the only console that offers me games that I can't get better versions of for the PC.

BTW, I invested in COD4 over the weekend. I'm not sure I'd call it awesome, but it's pretty good. I was hoping for something a bit more arcady, if that's a word, but that's not very common anymore.

I do really like the unlock system and all the perks you can unlock. Although, if I get Team Killed by another martyr nade, I'm going to freak out.
yeah its pretty annoying when you kill someone, and then you die because they drop a grenade automatically..then you can't get away fast enough because the kill zone is like 100 feet. I agree that is pretty annoying. How can you get all those kill streaks if you keep dying. Anyway i've been playing a bunch of free-for-all games, its insane..its not stop deaths. i think i had like 80 kills....but im sure i had just as many deaths...

i have yet to unlock the martyr grenade yet..but when i do i will use it..hopefully on you. HA just playing. I also don't understand why when they do that, sometimes my guy is holding the grenade, so i have to throw it to get away..and i can never throw it fast enough and i die from that too...so gay.

Last edited by MavsX; 12-03-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #239
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

LOL

Now give me your rig!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #240
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah its pretty annoying when you kill someone, and then you die because they drop a grenade automatically..then you can't get away fast enough because the kill zone is like 100 feet. I agree that is pretty annoying. How can you get all those kill streaks if you keep dying. Anyway i've been playing a bunch of free-for-all games, its insane..its not stop deaths. i think i had like 80 kills....but im sure i had just as many deaths...

i have yet to unlock the martyr grenade yet..but when i do i will use it..hopefully on you. HA just playing. I also don't understand why when they do that, sometimes my guy is holding the grenade, so i have to throw it to get away..and i can never throw it fast enough and i die from that too...so gay.
If you get close enough to the nade you pick it up automatically, and you get the chance to throw it. I agree, I don't like it.

I can usually get away fast enough, but you have to be careful. It sucks because my favorite thing is to knife someone, but that really makes you vulnerable to the martyrdom.

I haven't unlocked it yet either, but I have unlocked Last Stand, which is pretty dang cool. I love to take someone out with my pistol from my back as I'm bleeding out. Paybacks a bitch!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-03-2007 at 11:04 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here