Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs 102 Grizzlies 107

Defense, defense, defense. Neither team really perfromed that well in that department and whoever made the adjustment first had a pretty great shot at taking the win tonight. The problem is, neither team really made the adjustment but there was another factor that led to trouble for Dallas tonight.

The substitution routine with Dirk went down again. Again, it was a 50/50 proposition, it didn't hurt them in the first but it did later in the 2nd quarter. I think RC was content to let Dirk set the remainder of the half but the avalanche kept coming and he was probably forced to bring him back in. I kind of like the strategy for the first part of the half but it needs to be tweaked. Go with what they do and give him a break in the middle of the first if they can and another small one in the middle of the second. He needs to be there in the beginning and the end of quarters.

It was surprising to see an instance where the Dallas 4/5s were much more aggressive and active in the paint vs an opposing team. That was the case early and Dallas got to the line a ton in the first half because of it. In the offseason they're going to have to make a decision on Bass vs Singleton. Singleton really didn't do anything in defending from the SF position, again. Both seem primed to play the 4 or in extreme cases the 5. I'm not really sure that there is a major need to have BOTH going forward, long term.

In the first half the Mavs bench helped fill the void with Josh tonight, but based on how he had been playing, it definitely would've been nice to have Josh. Bass, JJ and Jet all did some nice things in the scoring department. That went away in the 2nd half but that's because the balancing act went away and Dirk was running hot.

Wright's offense can be pretty touch and go but his defense can usually be counted on. He forced guys off of shots and made things difficult and he hustled. I can live with the offense as long as he brings the defense. This summer, work on the corner 3. There are numerous times where that is available and wide open in this offense. They need a person that can make opposing teams pay, it's always a blind spot that is left free.

Dirk was a little quiet early but there was quite a balance going on where everyone was involved in scoring. Again, scoring really wasn't the issue tonight, it was the defense. He really took control in the 3rd, when they needed it. It's kind of a stat-geek stat but his 19 game streak of 20 or more goes to show, he's going to find a way to get his numbers. And we needed every single one of those performances. He ran out of gas at the end, but if we didn't have him in the 3rd, this could've been pretty ugly.

On the other side with scoring...Jet just hasn't looked the same for the past couple of weeks. Around the Atlanta/Indy games, I really started to notice there was a drop-off. Some of his misses tonight were bricks.

Offensive rebounds killed Dallas tonight, they gave up way too many of them and gave Memphis enough second chance points to make the difference tonight. If they took those looks away, this could've gone the Mavs way. This isn't an easy loss to swallow.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

vexing?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Such a vexing loss. For one, the Grizzlies hit a bunch of luck ass shots. For two, Dirk missed 3 FT's. For three, that play to end the 3rd was a fluke. For four, man frustrating. Dirk and JET were no shows down the stretch. The 3's were open, Mavs just didn't hit him. Those 3's fell 2 years ago, now they don't. Dunno why.

Ugh, frustrattiiiiing.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Gay - 27
Conely - 25
Mayo - 19
Gasol - 13
Jaric - 10

Nowitzki - 35
Terry - 16
Dampier - 10
Bass - 10
Barea - 10

That's the difference - this team can't score...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If we beat Utah and we're tied 2-2...what is the next tie-breaker?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #6
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
If we beat Utah and we're tied 2-2...what is the next tie-breaker?
Either conference record or division record, I can't remember which...

Edit: Just checked, it's division record, then conference record. And unfortunately, we trail Utah significantly in both...

Last edited by Stranger; 04-03-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

Edit: Just checked, it's division record, then conference record. And unfortunately, we trail Utah significantly in both...
thanks for the clarification!

If that's the case, then even with my estimate of even ending tied in record, we'd still fall in the 8th spot...it'd take what I projected Dallas doing and an unexpected slip-up by Utah.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 04-03-2009 at 09:50 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Such a vexing loss. For one, the Grizzlies hit a bunch of luck ass shots. For two, Dirk missed 3 FT's. For three, that play to end the 3rd was a fluke. For four, man frustrating. Dirk and JET were no shows down the stretch. The 3's were open, Mavs just didn't hit him. Those 3's fell 2 years ago, now they don't. Dunno why.

Ugh, frustrattiiiiing.
Correction. dirk was a no show down the strech. JET was a no show all game.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Yeah pretty much. Jet's been agitating ever since coming back from injury.

But I guess he's a jump shooter. They either go in or they don't and they haven't been falling for JET. If he isn't shooting at an efficient clip then his value as a player goes down tremendously. He's shooting less than 35% from 3 over the past 2-3 months and for a player who attempts so many that's just not good enough.

Ughhhh frustrated.

I need a f'ng cigarette, and the thing is, I don't even smoke.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Correction. dirk was a no show down the strech. JET was a no show all game.
This is a night where Dirk gets a pass from me. The team was in big trouble of the game getting out of hand with Memphis momentum and he carried the load huge in the 3rd.

The bigger issue was the rebound advantage.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #11
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a night where Dirk gets a pass from me. The team was in big trouble of the game getting out of hand with Memphis momentum and he carried the load huge in the 3rd.

The bigger issue was the rebound advantage.

Like I said in the gameday thread. Wright + Jet had 2 defensive rebounds in 70 minutes.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

It's only division record if you're in the same division. If you're not, you skip that one and go straight to conference record.

Either way, Utah has us beat.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #13
ghazi
Platinum Member

I'm getting vexed at Wright missing wide open corner 3's too.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-04-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #14
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I'm getting vexed at Wright missing wide open corner 3's too.
I think "vex" is getting added to your playbook.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-04-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #15
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
I need a f'ng cigarette, and the thing is, I don't even smoke.
dammit ghazi...

oh ya im so pissed that im not even pissed
Old 04-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #16
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Wright wouldn't miss them if he would quit shooting them. Cot damn it.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #17
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

first SA wins a close one vs indiana, then dallas loses to memphis while minnesota kicks utahs ass and we miss another shot to tie with 7th ... . this day officially blows!

Last edited by Lor20; 04-03-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #18
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Minny beat Utah in Utah. That's ridiculous. What bad freaking luck for us.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

100+ should be more than enough to beat the Grizzlies.

The problem was defense.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #20
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Game told us what we all know already. The Mavs need another legit scorer. The don't have him.

Loved the hard-nose defense the Mavs were playing in the last half of the fourth though. Just does no good if they can't score.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Turn out the lights...the parties over.....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #22
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Wow, Minny beat Utah in Utah. That's ridiculous. What bad freaking luck for us.
This optimist views it as half-bad luck, it's a lucky break based on what actually happened. It would be bad luck or worse if we knew the Utah result and we had the outting we had. Much to some people's disbelief, opportunities are still there. And no, it's not an F'n "bit."

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 04-03-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #23
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Missed the game.

While that could be the reason we lost, I doubt it.

No more GDT's for me this season. I'm retiring 3-1 this year. Which is a record that sounds a lot better than it really is.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #24
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Now THAT's how you start a post-game thread. Very nice OP, BG$.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #25
LonghornDub

Quote:
This optimist views it as half-bad luck, it's a lucky break based on what actually happened. It would be bad luck or worse if we knew the Utah result and we had the outting we had. Much to some people's disbelief, opportunities are still there. And no, it's not an F'n "bit."
I know it's not a bit. Why in the world would I think you being an optimist is a bit?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #26
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
That makes me laugh every time...never fails.
Thanks!

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 04-03-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #27
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

What an awful loss tonight. The Mavs had their chance to gain some ground in the standings. Poor coaching, poor rebounding, poor defense and horrible offense in the 4th quarter. Dirk was great in the 3rd but unfortunately was missing in the crucial 4th quarter. He must have been really tired after carrying the Mavs most of the game. JET had a poor game. He hasn't been shooting well since his injury. I hope his game picks up soon because the Mavs need him big time. Damp was great early on offensively but he was a no show in the latter parts of the game. Wright had another poor offensive game. I honestly hope he realizes that he isn't a good 3 point shooter. He has been missing them terribly these past few games. Kidd was okay. He was excellent in the 1st quarter but his game waned in the end. He also didn't shoot well tonight.

The 3 guard lineup killed the Mavs tonight. I don't understand why Carlisle stubbornly insists on using it. It may be good in brief moments, but not for extended minutes. As I've always said, JJB is good in brief moments. But relying on him too much will cost too much, specially defensively. He isn't a great floor general and more often than not, he looks to shoot before making a pass to an open teammate. JJB and JET couldn't guard anybody out there. Their defense was horrendous. Plus, the Mavs were getting killed on the boards the entire game. How do they expect to rebound when they have this 3 guard lineup out there? This 3 guard lineup is a nightmare defensively and rebounding wise. I hope Carlisle realizes that he is pretty much to blame for this loss.

Why no Hollins? I know he isn't the answer to all the problems tonight but he would have been good for brief moments, specially when the Mavs' bigs were in foul trouble. He has been rebounding well in the past few games. I was hoping to see him. The Mavs needed his energy and hustle tonight. I wonder why Carlisle refuses to play him when he has been doing well as of late?

I hope the Mavs play their heart out in the remaining games. They can't be too complacent. I know it will take a monumental collapse on their part and a great run on the Phoenix Suns' part for the Mavs to fall out of the playoffs but nothing is guaranteed. Sunday's game is huge.

I hope the Mavs win all their remaining home games. It will be tough as they are playing playoff teams. But I am hoping that their good showing at home will carry them through. More importantly, they need to win these games to try to move up. Its a slim chance, but hopefully, Utah loses some or most or all of their road games.

Overall, I think poor rebounding, poor defense (although some of the shots Memphis made were really "lucky" or "unbelievable" shots), poor substitutions killed the Mavs tonight. Oh well, on to the next game.

Also, great win for the Wolves. They really stepped up big time tonight.. against the Jazz in Utah!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #28
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I love reading BG's game recaps. Very insightful. And generally very objective and optimistic.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #29
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

The Suns is gonna be huge!!!! and I mean huge!!!!!!!!!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #30
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
I love reading BG's game recaps. Very insightful. And generally very objective and optimistic.
Thanks, again. Your recaps are good too.

I agree the 3-guard lineup hurt big time and gave Memphis a lot of momentum. Both teams played piss-poor defense but Dallas ultimately laid the egg with the rebounding edge. You can't let Memphis out-rebound you and get so many 2nd chance opportunities...ESPECIALLY if they're shooting such a high percentage. Teams can kill you on the offensive boards usually if they're shooting crappy, but you're asking to get hurt if they shoot well and get offensive rebounds.

With Hollins, I think it's another part of the mantra of always be ready...just don't assume. The might've been a problem because Gasol is a pretty physical guy and I think this would've been a heavy foul per minute situation for Hollins.

I can say with more confidence JJ is playing better ball that Jet right now. Jet HAS to be shooting well or isn't doing much of anything. Both of them are rough on defense but JJ has been a little more efficient and hasn't been terrible in distribution, compared to Jet.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #31
monty55555
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks, again. Your recaps are good too.

I agree the 3-guard lineup hurt big time and gave Memphis a lot of momentum. Both teams played piss-poor defense but Dallas ultimately laid the egg with the rebounding edge. You can't let Memphis out-rebound you and get so many 2nd chance opportunities...ESPECIALLY if they're shooting such a high percentage. Teams can kill you on the offensive boards usually if they're shooting crappy, but you're asking to get hurt if they shoot well and get offensive rebounds.

With Hollins, I think it's another part of the mantra of always be ready...just don't assume. The might've been a problem because Gasol is a pretty physical guy and I think this would've been a heavy foul per minute situation for Hollins.

I can say with more confidence JJ is playing better ball that Jet right now. Jet HAS to be shooting well or isn't doing much of anything. Both of them are rough on defense but JJ has been a little more efficient and hasn't been terrible in distribution, compared to Jet.
I agree with what you said about JET. He hasn't been himself. I don't know if its the lingering injury or what. He has been shooting poorly and his shot selection has been questionable. He relies too much on the 3 ball that it becomes a love hate relationship with me. If he makes it, I cheer him to death. But when he misses, I cringe and say "drive to the basket JET!!!" Furthermore, his passing and decision making have been terrible these past few games. I hope its just a funk and that he can get out of it soon. This team needs him badly.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #32
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Did not get to see all of the game but I think I see why we lost...

"Memphis hitting at a 61 percent clip."
Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #33
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

wright has a career shooting average of 29.6% from 3 point range. he shouldnt shoot them unless he has like 3 seconds to position himself and aim. and even then he should see if there isnt someone else in good position....
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #34
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we win this game by 15 if we have Josh.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I think we win this game by 15 if we have Josh.
I'll take 7-8...that gives some cushion for Good Josh vs Bad Josh.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Grrr....These games that, as ghazi would say, we SHOULD have won easily...and we blew them.

TWO now @ memphis.... @ Kings.... @ Milwaukee ... @ Oklahoma City .... @ Golden State...

I will remember this season much more for the games against lousy teams we lost to on the road, than any heartbreakers against good teams.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #37
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And oh yeah...for anyone expecting anything good to happen on Sunday... That game is on ABC.

So... you know what that (usually) means.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #38
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
And oh yeah...for anyone expecting anything good to happen on Sunday... That game is on ABC.

So... you know what that (usually) means.
I'm still taking the Mavs in that one...when you get pissed at them and say "what the hell"...that's when they come back and hit one over the fences.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #39
LonghornDub

Quote:
I'm still taking the Mavs in that one...when you get pissed at them and say "what the hell"...that's when they come back and hit one over the fences.
The Mavs have lost only 2 home games since February 12th. I'm taking the Mavs on Sunday for sure.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:27 AM   #40
ghazi
Platinum Member

Well guys, I smoked some cigarettes so I'm a little calm.

Let's try to remain positive.

1. 5 of the final 6 are @ home. Look, when we lose on the road it's simply a matter of missing jump shots. The rims are more friendly at home so I think we can go 5-1 here.

2. the jazz lost tonight. Vexing we didn't capitalize by winning, but at the same time it leaves the door open for a #7 seed.

We just need to hit our shots and play some defense.

What happened to the defense of 2 years ago ?