Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-26-2016, 04:13 AM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default NBA Season 16-17: General Thread

Well the beat down the Spurs put on GSW was interesting - lost the opener by 29 at home.

Not sure why I liked the Warriors losing but I think it is because I had a friend place a bet for me in Vegas - betting the under for 67 wins.

Impressed with the Spurs Jonathon Simmons 20 pts and Kawhi L. 35 pts!

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 10-26-2016 at 04:48 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Well the beat down the Spurs put on GSW was interesting - lost the opener by 29 at home.

Not sure why I liked the Warriors losing but I think it is because I had a friend place a bet for me in Vegas - betting the under for 67 wins.

Impressed with the Spurs Jonathon Simmons 20 pts and Kawhi L. 35 pts!
Last night was all about blowouts. Spurs blew out the Warriors. Cavs destroyed the Knicks in the second half. Indians...well that was embarrassing.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

One game closer to luring Steph to Dallas... Keep it up, GSW!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:56 PM   #4
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

I predicted when Durant went to GS on this forum that they would not win the ship this year because of no center, but I did think they'd lose in the Finals. Now I'm not so sure they'll win the West. Starting to suspect The Spurs or the Clippers will. I think no matter how good your 1-4 is you can't allow a freeway to the basket, and most of their starters are not good defenders. It will be interesting.
DoYouEvenLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:11 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouEvenLift View Post
I predicted when Durant went to GS on this forum that they would not win the ship this year because of no center, but I did think they'd lose in the Finals. Now I'm not so sure they'll win the West. Starting to suspect The Spurs or the Clippers will. I think no matter how good your 1-4 is you can't allow a freeway to the basket, and most of their starters are not good defenders. It will be interesting.
Spurs are my favorite for sure. Warriors had a nice balance-- guards that lit it up and everyone else just held it down, defended, and rebounded.

Now they don't have the toughness. They're also seeing first hand that Pachulia and McGee are hot feces.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-26-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:19 PM   #6
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

That Anthony Davis line tho...

50/16/7a/5s/4b
Old 10-26-2016, 11:23 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
That Anthony Davis line tho...

50/16/7a/5s/4b
In a loss. At home. To Denver.

Dude needs to come play with Barnes, Matthews, and our young core. Only way he's going to get help.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-26-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:25 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Brow, you poor bastard. That roster is a fucking mess.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:12 AM   #9
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile in Houston, Dantoni and Harden fill the stat sheet with loser ball and get the L against the Lakers.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:49 AM   #10
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
In a loss. At home. To Denver.

Dude needs to come play with Barnes, Matthews, and our young core. Only way he's going to get help.
I know you're kidding but what a waste he's under contract through 2020. Nobody wants to go play in New Orleans regardless if AD becomes the best player in the NBA eventually. It would have been interesting if Chris Paul never left teaming Paul with Davis.

But this past season instead of gaining better players they lost a few of what would probably be considered their better players (Gordon/Anderson both in Houston) while they added Terrance Jones for dirt cheap and took a gamble on Lance Stephenson but didn't do much else of note. I don't see Davis staying there past 2020 but that's a while away and in the meantime they will probably only sniff the 8th seed if that. I don't understand the coaching change either, they're a mess.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:55 AM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know you're kidding but what a waste he's under contract through 2020. Nobody wants to go play in New Orleans regardless if AD becomes the best player in the NBA eventually. It would have been interesting if Chris Paul never left teaming Paul with Davis.

But this past season instead of gaining better players they lost a few of what would probably be considered their better players (Gordon/Anderson both in Houston) while they added Terrance Jones for dirt cheap and took a gamble on Lance Stephenson but didn't do much else of note. I don't see Davis staying there past 2020 but that's a while away and in the meantime they will probably only sniff the 8th seed if that. I don't understand the coaching change either, they're a mess.
He could (should) force a trade...

Old 10-27-2016, 01:55 AM   #12
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Meanwhile in Houston, Dantoni and Harden fill the stat sheet with loser ball and get the L against the Lakers.
I think Mike D'Antoni is a genius. He might not/probably won't ever win a title as a head coach, but his 7 seconds or less Suns laid the groundwork for the modern game and he has the ability to turn virtually anyone in the league into a productive rotation player.

His system isn't "loser ball" any more than Stan Van Gundy's is.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:59 AM   #13
DoYouEvenLift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He could (should) force a trade...
He has no leverage until he's an expiring most likely, even if they suck he probably brings the team a lot of revenue in. I mean who do you trade him for anyway? There's no way you get anywhere close to equal value.

Here's one thought: to the Knicks for Porzingis? I don't know even that's a highway robbery in favor of the Knicks. Can't see many trades New Orleans would agree to. There's a lack of superstars currently in the NBA.

AD to Golden State for Draymond and Iguadola? Lol.

Even someone like Lamarcus Aldridge is ridiculously in favor of the Spurs. Imagine though Pop coaching Davis.

Last edited by DoYouEvenLift; 10-27-2016 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:35 AM   #14
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

last night in Philly -
Westbrook at the FT line and fans chanted - "KD left you"
HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:48 AM   #15
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I think Mike D'Antoni is a genius. He might not/probably won't ever win a title as a head coach, but his 7 seconds or less Suns laid the groundwork for the modern game and he has the ability to turn virtually anyone in the league into a productive rotation player.

He's not breaking ground this year by playing at a pace faster than everyone else. The entire NBA has incorporated this run and gun faster pace philosophy when it suits them. And he's certainly not coaching the rockets to a top 10 defense. This is the guy who benched Gasol for some scrub(earl clark) in LA because he wanted to play faster. Instead of adjusting the offense to help one of his best players(maybe the best once Kobe was hurt) he benched him because he wanted the offense to go faster. That's not a genius, thats a guy who doesn't know how to get the most out of his players, loser ball IMO. We all give RC crap for some of his rotation choices but he gets the best(most of if not all the time) from his players. He makes adjustments to the offense to cater to a guys strengths. He tries to mix in some zone schemes and such to make the defense better than what it is. He's coaching winning basketball and getting the most out of some pretty shit rosters around here. Dantoni may have laid groundwork as you say but other teams are doing what he did better and they are coaching while they are at it. Adding a guy like Harden to this just makes it worse IMO.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Problem is that the rest of the league has caught up. D'Antoni can coach an offense, but he can also let lesser offenses go to town on his non existent defense.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:40 AM   #17
DoYouEvenLift

Dennis Schroder just signed an extension with the Hawks for 4 years/70 million. So already Westbrook (not that he'd come here) and Schroder are off next year's possible pg acquisitions. Steph your bro wants you to come to Dallas and Bogut and Barnes miss you bad. Do the right thing and leave GS in free agency for Dallas!

Last edited by DoYouEvenLift; 10-27-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #18
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
He's not breaking ground this year by playing at a pace faster than everyone else. The entire NBA has incorporated this run and gun faster pace philosophy when it suits them. And he's certainly not coaching the rockets to a top 10 defense. This is the guy who benched Gasol for some scrub(earl clark) in LA because he wanted to play faster. Instead of adjusting the offense to help one of his best players(maybe the best once Kobe was hurt) he benched him because he wanted the offense to go faster. That's not a genius, thats a guy who doesn't know how to get the most out of his players, loser ball IMO. We all give RC crap for some of his rotation choices but he gets the best(most of if not all the time) from his players. He makes adjustments to the offense to cater to a guys strengths. He tries to mix in some zone schemes and such to make the defense better than what it is. He's coaching winning basketball and getting the most out of some pretty shit rosters around here. Dantoni may have laid groundwork as you say but other teams are doing what he did better and they are coaching while they are at it. Adding a guy like Harden to this just makes it worse IMO.

The D'Antoni hire for the Lakers was a disaster from the beginning. I agree that he could have done a better job, but to pin that failure solely on how he used Pau Gasol is strange.

And if we're talking about getting the most out of players (which I agree should be the majority basis by which we measure coaches) let's do an exercise with these Rockets. What do you think their ceiling is with D'Antoni? How about if they had a good-but-not-great coach (Steve Clifford, Scott Brooks, someone like that) instead? How about with Carlisle? I think the absolute ceiling for this team is about 48-50 wins. Want to bet against them getting pretty close to or exceeding that?

Instead of talking about what D'Antoni doesn't do well, acknowledge what he does do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Problem is that the rest of the league has caught up. D'Antoni can coach an offense, but he can also let lesser offenses go to town on his non existent defense.
FWIW, the 7 seconds or less Suns were generally a top 12-18 offensive team in terms of defensive efficiency... with THAT personnel. People talk about their struggles because back then, what we all (myself included) looked at was PPG yielded. D'Antoni isn't going to change the world defensively, but let's not act like his Suns were a bottom 5 defense.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #19
spreedom
Diamond Member

Dwight with 19 rebounds late in the 4th quarter. Schroeder hasn't passed it to him once.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:55 PM   #20
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
The D'Antoni hire for the Lakers was a disaster from the beginning. I agree that he could have done a better job, but to pin that failure solely on how he used Pau Gasol is strange.
I brought up the Pau thing because it was the most memorable. And because it highlights a major problem Dantoni has. He sacrificed his best player arguably(kobe out) being on the floor so he could put clark in, a career scrub, and his reasoning he gave was he wanted to "go faster". Taking your best player and bringing him off the bench for an inferior player to simply run faster isn't winning basketball imo. That would be like if the bulls had butler come off the bench because they wanted to go faster with a guy like nate robinson. I don't necessarily hold him accountable for the lakers win/loss as a whole because they have been a mess for a long time now but he's not without blame.

Quote:
And if we're talking about getting the most out of players (which I agree should be the majority basis by which we measure coaches) let's do an exercise with these Rockets. What do you think their ceiling is with D'Antoni? How about if they had a good-but-not-great coach (Steve Clifford, Scott Brooks, someone like that) instead? How about with Carlisle? I think the absolute ceiling for this team is about 48-50 wins. Want to bet against them getting pretty close to or exceeding that?

Instead of talking about what D'Antoni doesn't do well, acknowledge what he does do well.
I'm not saying they wont win regular season games, just like Harden will win games without dantoni because many nights great offense will prevail. But what I term "loser ball"(my fault) is to the fact that they will not win when it counts. Last night I watched probably less than half of the game but most of the 4th quarter. And it was clear as day that Capela is their best Center. Yet who did dantoni play? Nene. And that's not some type of matchup play on defense because Capela is miles ahead of Nene at this point. He did that because Nene can shoot a face up jumper and Capela cannot. He also played Ryan anderson with Nene making their front court maybe the worst rebounding/defensive front court ever. Decisions like that, and I'm sure there were more but I did not watch the whole game, are why I say "loser ball". And Harden is no different. As long as a coach is going to allow him to lead the league in Turnovers by not holding him accountable for sloppy play, and allowing him to play literally 0 defense at times when he wants to catch his breath, not to mention the fact that in the playoffs the refs will make it harder to get ft's like they always do and he has to actually make shots conisistently... all of those reasons are why he also is a loser brand of basketball. So to answer the question about another coach? As long as that GM and Owner hold presser's like the one they had this summer basically saying "he carried us, its not his job to also play defense" and the Coach does not or will not hold Harden accountable then the coach won't matter they won't win. But no, I've seen nothing personally from Dantoni with any team that would indicate they would win in the playoffs.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 10-27-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:35 PM   #21
spreedom
Diamond Member

That's all fair criticism, but with D'Antoni so many people focus on what he doesn't do well and totally overlook what he does do well.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:31 AM   #22
DoYouEvenLift

If you're already considered a great offensive player and terrible defensive player, why do you need a great offensive coach who doesn't coach defense? Don't you want a coach that can improve your weaknesses?
Old 10-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #23
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
If you're already considered a great offensive player and terrible defensive player, why do you need a great offensive coach who doesn't coach defense? Don't you want a coach that can improve your weaknesses?
This roster was built to run.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #24
DoYouEvenLift

They screwed up when they fired McHale, they made the WCF with him. Who knows though if Dwight stays or leave with McHale, he might of left anyway.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:38 AM   #25
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile, Parsons to miss another week or two.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/bas...r-week-or-two/

Old 11-01-2016, 11:46 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Boogie going for the PFs

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-02-2016 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:40 PM   #27
spreedom
Diamond Member

Just a few random observations from this young season so far:
  • Other than about 5-6 teams that you know will be in each conference's mix (Cleveland, Boston, Toronto, GSW, San Antonio, LA Clippers) and 5-6 teams that have absolutely no chance at making the playoffs (Sixers, Nets, Magic, Lakers, Suns) I love how wide open the league is this year. I feel like the margins between the #4 teams and #10 teams in both conferences is going to be relatively small.
  • Even among bad teams, almost every single game has either an intriguing matchup, a good-to-great team, or a must-see player or players. I can throw a dart at the schedule every night and find a game worth watching. This wasn't necessarily the case even last year but there are tons of great storylines to watch this season.
  • If the first week is any indication, the MVP race is going to be a ton of fun this year.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:53 PM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
That's all fair criticism, but with D'Antoni so many people focus on what he doesn't do well and totally overlook what he does do well.
"The D’Antoni offense is even more complicated than I remember."

Old 11-03-2016, 09:57 PM   #29
DoYouEvenLift

BREAKING NEWS: KD and RW did not interact!

The world can now continue (or end) as normal.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #30
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

KD acting like such a bitch this game. He's going off, but thats beside the point. Dude gets a weak ass and 1 and starts calling the defender a pussy. Arguing with Kantor on the bench. (kantor is no saint in this)

But what kills me is Durant's bravado. He has a championship team and consecutively the greatest regular season team insulating him. And he really thinks he has free range to be a punk on the court.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:48 PM   #31
Underdog

Quote:
KD acting like such a bitch this game. He's going off, but thats beside the point. Dude gets a weak ass and 1 and starts calling the defender a pussy. Arguing with Kantor on the bench. (kantor is no saint in this)

But what kills me is Durant's bravado. He has a championship team and consecutively the greatest regular season team insulating him. And he really thinks he has free range to be a punk on the court.
+1

Old 11-04-2016, 12:35 AM   #32
DoYouEvenLift

Quote:

This is the real Kevin Durant.

I don't mean like "he's being real" like a compliment either, this is who he really is, a punk biyatch. Out of him and Westbrook we thought it was Westbrook we had wrong. Really shows you can think you know somebody and maybe you don't really know them at all.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:08 AM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Actually gives me more respect for Westbrook. Guy is at least a competitor with a bit of class. Taunting and being a bad sport is going to shift the whole narrative to the Warriors being the bad guys.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:05 AM   #34
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I do not know what happened to this board with all the Westbrook and OKC diss that was going on before, but I've liked Russell ever since his vine response to KD's elope.

https://vine.co/v/5ahlFm5qjTw

No trash talk is going to help KD beat that in my eyes.

Even though I think it is not officially him? It is edited and I am not sure it is from his account. Still best though.

Last edited by Thebo; 11-04-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:30 AM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

And yet I'd still take KD over Westbrook 10 times out of 10.

This game was going to have drama no matter what.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:03 PM   #36
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And yet I'd still take KD over Westbrook 10 times out of 10.

This game was going to have drama no matter what.
KD is a better piece that actually fits with others. Westbrook is a guy like Iverson or Love who will immediately take you from a lottery team to a playoff team but won't ever get you over the top.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:03 AM   #37
Underdog

As if losing to the Lakers wasn't bad enough; Stephen Curry's streak of 157 games with a made 3-pointer ends

Old 11-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #38
Melonhead
Guru

Shocked to see Knicks go to Chicago and get a win. Even more shocking, Rose playing like a competent PG with 10 assists. Had been avg 2.5 leading into the game.

Bulls came back down to earth real fast consecutive losses. Keep on praising Rondo, it only makes the comedown that much better
Old 11-05-2016, 11:23 PM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

New Orleans has a star and no supporting cast. We have a supporting cast and no star

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-05-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:32 AM   #40
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Aside from Mavs, Lakers and Sixers have been somewhat surprising. I find it hard to believe that Lakers are willing to give their pick to Sixers, so at some point they should start looking to lose and get top3 pick. In a month or so it should be clear what their strategy in terms of tanking/picks is going to be.

I really thought Sixers have decent cast right now. There might have been 2 games so far that perhaps they simply gave away, not sure since I did not watch those games. I guess they may really tank another season because of the strong draft.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote