Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-08-2016, 12:17 AM   #1
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brandon Knight

His transition to sixth man has not gone well, and rumors are the Suns may try to move him soon. He's only 24, and would help solve our scoring and penetration issues. Carlisle would make the most of him on the defensive side.

Any interest?
Old 11-08-2016, 12:21 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

There are certainly some interesting option
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:44 AM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

This is the type of move I'd be interested in, but taking a quick look at both rosters, it's hard to find a deal both would want to make. Knight is in a really reasonable contract for the quality of player he is and can be, so they don't have a ton of motivation to trade him unless he's having some sort of attitude issues.

Edit: Just spitballing, but is there any team out there that would trade a first-rounder for a Powell/Simba combo so we could work some kind of three-way deal?

Last edited by spreedom; 11-08-2016 at 12:45 AM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #4
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
This is the type of move I'd be interested in, but taking a quick look at both rosters, it's hard to find a deal both would want to make. Knight is in a really reasonable contract for the quality of player he is and can be, so they don't have a ton of motivation to trade him unless he's having some sort of attitude issues.

Edit: Just spitballing, but is there any team out there that would trade a first-rounder for a Powell/Simba combo so we could work some kind of three-way deal?
Weve discussed how deep the next draft would be. Just like we wouldnt give up our first, i dont think anyone is giving up their first, especially for sorta starter/bench players
Old 11-09-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I had brought up Bledoes before but Knight was another option I thought about as well.

I think with the way Williams and Bogut are playing, I dont see why keep them.

Williams and Bogut

for

Knight/ TC??

We take TC off their hands and get Knight. They get a vet in Williams to help with some of the young guards and both Bogut and Williams are expiring. If we get stuck with TC for 2 years, his contract is not horrible.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #6
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I won't say TC will never be a Maverick again, but it's got to be almost a 0% chance of happening. I'd be stunned if there's a trade that brings him here for a 3rd time. And since Dwill has to approve any trade, I'd put the chances of him being traded in that same ballpark as TC coming here, a hair above 0%. I see no reason why Dwill would approve a trade that sends him away from his Dallas home to play for PHX as a rental at this stage of his career.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:20 PM   #7
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Knight is the guard version of McGee...a highlight reel full of fails
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote