Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-13-2002, 03:09 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas-Mavs.com is a privately-run, not-for-profit site. All expenses are paid for out-of-pocket. Your donation helps maintain Dallas-Mavs.com and keeps it running at peak efficiency.

Upgrades and web hosting fees are a large part of the expense associated with running the forums. Your donation will help to offset some of these expenses and keep Dallas-Mavs.com banner-free. In the upcoming months, we hope to farther expand and enhance the Dallas-Mavs.com community by 1) upgrading the forum software, 2) having the site professionally redesigned, and 3) implementing free, web-based e-mail accounts (banner-free!) for our contributing members.

All donations from our members go towards maintaining the site. While we know it's not possible for all to contribute, every donation is important and greatly appreciated.

If you feel this site has helped you in any way and would like to help build a stronger community, please take the time to donate. We have no set amount for donations, whatever you feel is appropriate. We are only accepting donations via PayPal at this time. To donate, simply click the "Make a Donation" link at the bottom of the screen. You will then be taken to the secure PayPal site with info on how to complete the process.

Regards,

djb
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2002, 03:35 PM   #2
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info djbacklash. I enjoy your site as well as the company of the mostly civil and classy people who post here. I will make a contribution at my next possible venture.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 03:41 PM   #3
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

ÜberDirk is on a distinguished road

I shall make a donation.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:08 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. And just to add to the initial post, ALL members (including those currently banned) will be welcomed back with clean slates once the site is finally relaunched. And when we say "clean slates," we mean it! The mods will not tolerate ANY bs from ANY party, regardless of their past actions and behavior.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:30 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

And we're gonna have a zero-tolerance policy for anyone who was once permanently banned, and anyone who starts making trouble while also failing to contribute to the board. It's one thing to be a little ornery, but it's another thing altogether to only be here for the purpose of being a punk. So, I shall put the smack down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

No monkey business!! The site has matured and we've learned a lot about how to run a joint like this... and the new forum software and design is sure to be sweet.. I guess I better donate a couple dollars so that maybe I'll see it before I'm old and go blind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Just kiddin, dj [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:12 PM   #6
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

You should email Mark Cuban. I know it's a long shot, but maybe he would be willing to help.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 06:09 PM   #7
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

truth, your new sig. might cause a bit of controversy.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:15 PM   #8
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Be happy to donate.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 11:25 PM   #9
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

same here...wouldn't miss Evil And Mad's great artwork...support your local arts council
Old 11-14-2002, 09:55 AM   #10
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Uber,

Is that better?
Old 11-14-2002, 04:15 PM   #11
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Not really Truth...political statements have no place here. Roe V. Wade is the law of the land.

Again, political ideology has no place here... As Rhylan says, we're trying to get away from the extraneous.

This thread is about contributions and I don't want to see you and UD getting into it over this. Please rethink what you're posting.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:21 PM   #12
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

Outlet, I could care less over the issue, im not going to argue w/ him, in fact I agree w/ him, I was simply saying it might cause arguments among some, possibly you or anyone else.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:57 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< You should email Mark Cuban. I know it's a long shot, but maybe he would be willing to help. >>

It´s a good idea. Mavs could have some ad and link here in return, maybe a special category with their highlights, news, etcetera. Most of we hate sites with too much banners, flashes, and so, but I think we can be fine with few little ads from our team (no pop-ups!).
Old 11-14-2002, 06:06 PM   #14
OutletPass
Diamond Member

UD...understood. I would also object if someone's sig promoted the abortion point of view. This is just not the place for either expression...and yes it could be VERY controversial. Peace.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:56 PM   #15
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

Truth, I am in agreement. Defending you point of view IF the issue of abortion came up I guess would be fine. But to flaunt that statement in a basketball forum is a bit inappropriate. I have restrained myself from saying anything up until this point, but have to agree with OP, it is almost as if you're looking for an argument on the subject. Let's stick to Mavs.
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 05:07 PM   #16
jacktruth
Golden Member

I change my sig pretty frequently anyway. I will change it again eventually (now that the political season is over), but not a second before you all stop complaining about it.

By not using private messages, you are the ones stringing this into a political issue.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:49 AM   #17
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

do you have to have plastic for paypal?
Old 11-18-2002, 08:56 PM   #18
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

yes

Edit: sorry, yes in my condition of international (potential) member. But I think you can pay also with paypal having a checking account from the US (and maybe Canada).
Old 11-18-2002, 10:14 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

My friggin paypal account if effed up. I'll keep trying.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 11:48 PM   #20
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you go to set up a paypal account? I don't think I've ever bought anything online.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 12:05 AM   #21
Drbio
Banned

www.paypal.com

My account is messed up. I just changed a bank account though, so I sent an email to them for help. Paypal kicks ass. It's a great way to transfer money online safely. Ebay just bought paypal BTW.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:16 PM   #22
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

do you guy's know how much money you've collected?
Old 11-19-2002, 09:30 PM   #23
djb
Administrator

We'll post up a thread thanking all who have contributed once we get a few more donations. As of right now we've received four donations.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:20 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

DJ- did it work? I am having all kinds of problems with teh paypal account right now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 12:36 AM   #25
djb
Administrator

Yes I received your donation - thanks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 07:40 AM   #26
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Did mine work? I &gt;think&lt; I did everything right.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 01:43 PM   #27
djb
Administrator

MFFL, I received your donation as well. Thanks again! We've collected about a tenth of what we need but we're gettin there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 03:01 PM   #28
OutletPass
Diamond Member

C'mon everyone...chip in..do whatever you can...not enough people are actually doing it. Let's support ourselves and our forum.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:25 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

C'mon guys....5 bucks here, 10 bucks, whatever....heck even 1 buck if everyone would do it. Some of us will do more, so give something....it will benefit us all in the long run.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:38 PM   #30
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll contribute within the next week... I just need to get out the old checkboodk and figure out how poor I am...
Old 11-21-2002, 05:03 AM   #31
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Mine better have worked, its the first time I have used paypal.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote