Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-13-2005, 01:02 AM   #321
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE:Texas Rangers 05!

Quote:
thanks Doc, you smell.
No problem sikey...you swallow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2005, 03:30 AM   #322
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

lol sick

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:32 PM   #323
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
thanks Doc, you smell.
No problem sikey...you swallow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I don't get it...could you please clearly explain what you mean?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #324
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: Texas Rangers 05!

no.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2005, 05:03 PM   #325
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
Originally posted by: JLEEHASMUCHGAME
why does espn have to have a headline, "rogers: the stubborn allstar"? Hasn't he taken enough flak. I mean, dang, he didn't starve children or anything. He has allstar numbers. He's apologized. What more do people want from him? I know he called himself stubborn, but I hate when sports news jumps all over the negative stories until the last drop of enjoyment can be had from it.
1. A very broad spectrum lies between not acting like an a-hole and "starving children". I guess unless you starve children, you can always say "Hey! At least I didn't starve children". No points are awarded for not starving children, and no points should be awarded for actling like an a-hole.

2. Roger's "punishment" will be 4 extra days off WITH PAY. You won't see me shedding any tears for him.

3. Here we are at the All-Star break just 5 games back. Which wouldn't seem so bad, except now Buck will have to try to patch up an already thin rotation because the ace of your staff acted like a jerk. Who's REALLY being punished here?

4. How much enjoyment will you get in the upcoming weeks, if the A's make their run and pass the Rangers in the standings?
I apologize for the "starving children" reference. Spur of the moment, couldn't think of anything better to say kind of thing.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #326
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

That was dangerously close to a perfect game by Rich Harden. He was brilliant, but if you say our offense doesn't need help, you're not looking close enough. I am really interested in seeing whether or not management will actually do anything before the deadline to get that extra bat & some pitching help.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:35 AM   #327
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
That was dangerously close to a perfect game by Rich Harden. He was brilliant, but if you say our offense doesn't need help, you're not looking close enough. I am really interested in seeing whether or not management will actually do anything before the deadline to get that extra bat & some pitching help.
Soriano is my current hero. I can't believe Harden got out of the 3-0 count to big Tex though. I thought the perfect game was in the bag at that point. On the 3-0 count, he comes with 99mph fastball for a strike. Next pitch, 98mph fastball strike! Sick.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:26 PM   #328
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

You know, it says something about the state of your team when you come out of the All Star break & immediately threaten to allow a perfect game & a no hitter in consecutive games. Dear God, can someone please get a hit?
Old 07-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #329
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid it's time to start shopping Rogers. Get some prospects out of him and let another team rent-a-pitcher.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #330
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

14 innings then a loss.... :-(
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 07:43 PM   #331
ames7
Diamond Member

*groan* The tragic part is that I now mostly expect Coco to blow the save in that situation.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:07 AM   #332
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

This team really needs to make some changes. I can't stand watching them anymore because it sure seems like every batter is swinging for the fences in every inning and under any circumstance. This team had a real opportunity to be an excellent team but they don't understand pitching and their good young talent seems to have been seduced by their ballpark. I was reading John Sickels the other day and he was surprised that Blalock didn't turn into a George Brett type hitter. That is a .340 + guy with very good and timely power. Brett hit homers when he really needed to. He didn't strike out trying to hit solo homers in the first couple of innings of a game. To me the fact that the Rangers are running away with the team home run race is by far the most disappointing aspect of this season.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:14 PM   #333
ames7
Diamond Member

Hank Blalock is so money, it's not even funny.

Nice job by Chan Ho tonight.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:48 PM   #334
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Chan HO ly shit. that was a good game. Now lets string some together
Old 07-19-2005, 11:00 PM   #335
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

Great, great win tonight. Chan Ho pitched amazingly. His pace is so much quicker than what I saw of him earlier in the season. I couldn't watch after he gave up the run in the eighth, but I'm very happy the Rangers pulled this one out. New theory: Chan Ho's struggles for the last few years is due to the rampant steroid abuse throughout baseball. Just a thought. Blaylock=stud. Big Tex is due for a homer, right? Soriano is still my hero for breaking up the perfect game the other night.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:20 AM   #336
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Had the pleasure of attending this game.....wow. Don't know how Hank's homer cleared the fence. Chan Ho was as good as he should be. Michael Young will win many Gold Gloves in the future.

mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:09 PM   #337
Drbio
Banned

Texas Rangers obtain two pitchers.....

According to T.R. Sullivan of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Rangers have acquired righthanders James Baldwin and Kevin Gryboski. Baldwin had been designated for assignment and placed on waivers by Baltimore, while Texas traded righthander Matt Lorenzo to Atlanta to acquire Gryboski.

Edit---> oops...this blurb was provided by Jamey Newberg.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:30 AM   #338
ames7
Diamond Member

After seeing tonight's absurd heartbreaker almost-comeback in person, I am ready to officially call the season. This group of players have a ton of heart, but who are we kidding here? Kevin Gryboski had this spectacular debut line: 0.2IP 3H 2ER. When Kenny finally goes on his paid vacation, Chris Young, bless his heart, will be the ace of this staff. This isn't a playoff team, it's a team just trying to survive.

The thing is, even though it was this game was ultimately a horrible, devastating loss, it was so much fun to watch these guys. I think this is a really special group of players & it is my greatest fear that their perceived lack of commitment to winning on the part of the management will eventually drive them away.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:31 AM   #339
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I'm interested to see who the rangers trade away. Soriano, Matthews, Hildago, Rogers?. I'm ready to see some of the youth get a little time. Either that or make a move to get pitching now.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:45 PM   #340
ames7
Diamond Member

The best thing that has happened in the last few games is Hidalgo has gotten hot again & he's playing & can be showcased everyday b/c of the Nix injury. Maybe the Rangers can squeeze some trade value out of him yet.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:51 PM   #341
Drbio
Banned

The rumors are Hildago to Baltimore in a deal for Ponson which would free up enough money for the O's to go at Burnett.

Matthews Jr. has been rumored to the yankees, but Nix's injury make that trade less likely.

I've also heard that the Mets and Florida are interested in Sori, but only if he is willing to go to the outfield.

Rogers has been linked to trade rumors to several teams including the Chisox, Boston, both New York teams and Florida.

Anyone hear any others?
Old 07-23-2005, 01:53 PM   #342
Drbio
Banned

BTW, the Denver Post reported that Texas had agreed to obtain Jason Jennings...a true pitching stud, former NCAA player of the year and Baylor Bear, but he broke a finger sliding into second base this week and is out for the year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Getting Jennings would have made my year. *sigh*
Old 07-23-2005, 02:19 PM   #343
Drbio
Banned

Ponson just got traded to the Padres pending approval by Phil Nevin. So, that Hildago trade is apparently off.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:31 PM   #344
ames7
Diamond Member

Nix is officially having season-ending surgery. GMJ in center for the foreseeable future. We really don't have that much outfield depth.

I'm seeing some trade rumors involving Dellucci (Indians & Cards interested...I wonder if we could get a pitcher for him?), but the Rangers site has him going to the outfield soon.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:54 PM   #345
ames7
Diamond Member

Great post over Lone Star Ball, one of the blogs I frequently visit, summarizing the basic unfairness of the loss of this season. My main concern is not as much about winning this year, which was unrealistic from the beginning, & more about whether the core of the team--Teixeira, Young, Blalock, etc--will stick around to win later if management doesn't give them a reason to believe this team will get better, that they're willing invest in winning.

Sigh. Sucks to be a Rangers fan right now.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:03 PM   #346
Drbio
Banned

It's time to sell. I hope the Rangers move Rogers, Delluci (to a winner like St. Louis - he deserves it), Hildago and even Matthews. Bring up the kids and garner the other teams prospects.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #347
Just211
Platinum Member

I don't see Delluci being dealt. He took less to stay here, and is close with the core of the team.
I wish Rogers would get dealt, just for growth reasons. I find it hard to think he'll be back next year.
Hildago is as good as gone, one way or another. I think Matthews could be dealt, Nix being hurt or not.
Also there is a good chance Soriano will go to the Mets, if they overpay. Also Gonzalez has a good chance to be dealt.
Basically any positon player other than Hank,Mike,Tex and Mench ( and IMO Delucci ).
Old 07-26-2005, 01:55 PM   #348
Drbio
Banned

Hank, Mike, Tex and probably Mench are untouchable. Noone else is.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:13 PM   #349
ames7
Diamond Member

This team has so defeated me.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:58 AM   #350
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Trade Kenny for whatever you can get now, he's not pitching all that great anymore, causing trouble, and only getting older. On espn they had Soriano being discussed with the Mets on the front page but it said the Rangers aren't biting and are asking for way too much.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:49 AM   #351
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Rangers are asking the perfect price for Soriano. Yes - they are fleecing the Mets, but that is what Texas needs to do to a few teams now, payback for all the times that other teams have done it to the Rangers would be justified.

I think that Cameron or Reyes + the #1 pick in the 2003 draft, + their best pitching prospect is fair for Soriano.... at least if you are a Rangers fan.

And as far as Kenny goes............Keep him. He is a local. He pitches well enough. He is not overpaid comparatively for an ace of the staff. Of course, if someone offers something you like, then move him, and resign him in the offseason. He still wins games at the MLB level though, which is saying quite a bit.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:59 AM   #352
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Especially since Soriano is a borderline superstar type player. If he cut down his errors he would be almost at Vlad Guerro status.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:43 AM   #353
Drbio
Banned

I love that the Rangers are playing hardball in the trade market. It's about damn time.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:09 PM   #354
Drbio
Banned

ROGERS LOSES APPEAL

NEW YORK -- Kenny Rogers' appeal of his 20-game suspension for shoving two cameramen was rejected Wednesday by commissioner Bud Selig.

The commissioner, who heard the appeal by the Texas Rangers pitcher last Friday, said the suspension would begin with Wednesday night's game at Baltimore. Under baseball's rules, Selig decided the original penalty and also ruled on the appeal.

"Kenny Rogers' behavior towards the two cameramen who were present at the ballpark and doing their job on June 29th, was wholly unacceptable," Selig said in a statement. "I have always placed a special emphasis on the social responsibility that each of us has in Major League Baseball given its proper place in American history and culture as a social institution. The media is entitled to perform its important role without fear of physical intimidation or contact from our players or other participants. While I listened carefully to Kenny Rogers' sincere explanation last week, I heard nothing that would warrant either eliminating or reducing the discipline imposed."

Selig imposed the suspension and a $50,000 fine for a June 29 videotaped tirade in which Rogers, a three-time All-Star, shoved two cameramen when he came onto the field for pregame stretching.

effing retard. He did nothing but hurt his teammates.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:29 PM   #355
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

anything new on the trade front?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:40 PM   #356
Drbio
Banned

The Rangers and Mets talks are heating up according to Newberg.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:10 PM   #357
Drbio
Banned

An interesting tidbit....

The Alfonso Soriano talks heated up yesterday, and at one point Soriano got a call from his agent telling him to pack his bags because he was headed to the Mets. Moments later, a person who spoke with Soriano said the Rangers' second baseman got another call telling him to hold off because the deal had hit a snag.
-- Newark Star-Ledger
Old 07-28-2005, 08:16 PM   #358
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

thanks doc, keep it coming!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:45 PM   #359
Drbio
Banned

Fox jsut reported that the Rangers and Orioles had agreed to trade Hildago for Ponson, but the deal may be derailed because the Orioles had Ponson pitching tonight and he was hit with a line drive which may have fractured his hand.

figures.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:11 AM   #360
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank the Lord for that one.... I'll keep Hidalgo over Ponson.

The Rangers obviously need pitching..but they don't need it that bad.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote