Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-27-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Twenty-one states currently have statutes permitting involuntary sterilization. Most such laws were enacted in the early part of the twentieth century, and had "protection of society," rather than of the individual, as their justification. This issue has largely been ignored in recent years, with most Americans beliving themselves to live in a civilized, culturally tolerant society.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2002, 04:34 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Thank God they haven't gone after the orthographically challenged.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 04:54 PM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

While on the books, such laws are presumed unconstitutional. I believe <u>Roe v. Wade</u> and <u>Griswald</u> discuss the issue. To my knowledge, sterilization is not corrent practice.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 05:25 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Dooby - thanks for the legal clarification. Are those that would pick Popeye Jones over Rashard Lewis specificly preotected under the constitution?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 08:11 AM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Well, you can't execute them anyway.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 08:13 AM   #6
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Dooby,

what do you know about sterilization of sex offenders. Is that allowed on a voluntary basis?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 08:51 AM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Off the top of my head, I don't know. I know the issue is out there. I think it is OK constitutionally. But then again, it may not be. The problem being that it is &quot;voluntary&quot; as part of a reduction in sentence. The problem that I see is that it may lead to artificial inflation of sentences to &quot;encourage&quot; such practices. Then you may cross the line into either substantive due process or cruel and unusual punishment issues. Courts could go either way; they certainly are more concerned with women's issues than men's issues and sex offenders tend to be male and their victims female.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote