Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-27-2003, 02:07 AM   #1
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road
Default RE:10 Predictions for 2003/2004

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hitman

3. Emmanuel Ginoboli will be an All Star. Sure, he averaged 8 points a game last year. Don't let that fool you. This guy is a stud. His +/- stats are off the charts, and he will probably be the second option behind TD this year. He is going to put up 18-19 ppg, and his scoring is the least of his contributions. The defending champs will need a second rep at the ASG, and EG will be too good to turn down.
i've been waiting for someone else to point this out, but i'm sorry, there is no way ginobili could be an all star this year, maybe ever.

spur is playing such a substance-over-style ball that no fans will notice ginobili, thus no all star voting. maybe some coaches take notes of him, but his number just cannot justify all star consideration.

there is always possibility that this year or some time in the future he blossoms and become all-star calibre, but i seriously doubt it. imho, he is a rich man's eddie najera, and a huge part of his performance is due to the fact that he played alongside td.