Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #29
Browser

Browser can only hope to improve
Default Good teams are hated and should be hated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
yeah. I think that you hate the fact that you only have one win to brag about.
I never mentioned being a Suns Fan nor did I diss anyone in this bored. The SUNS do deserve some respect. They are a good team and a better team than years past. For instance, you would not hate the Memphis Grizzlies because they are a bad team, unless they would always beat the Mavs (which they don't). Futhermore, some posters did not have valid reasons to hate the Suns. For instance, one stated he "hates the Suns because they do not play defense". If anything, one should love the idea that a team that does not play any defense, becaue they can be ran over by an offensive powerhouse like Dallas. However, the fact is they do play defense and should be hated because of their improved defense. Again, it is the idea that good teams should be hated, especially those that are considered by the media as title contenders. If the Suns had a better record, which they don't, then they would be hated more than now. Right now the best team is Dallas, they have proven to beat quality teams, yet it unfortanate that Suns are close to Dallas.hence more reasons to hate them.

The fact that they beat the Spurs, may be troubling. It may be a confidence booster for the SUNS... then again the Spurs may still have PHX number regardless of the loss. The Spurs have more expierence and will be dangerous in the playoffs. Only the Mavs have been able to beat them in a playoff matchup. The Suns are 0-3 against the Spurs, since Amare's rookie season.

Amare's comeback might be scary for the Mavs, if and only if he becomes as dominate offensivley as he was 2 years ago. However, Diop was not around 2 yrs ago and can be the key in putting Amare in foul trouble, thus negating his offense on the floor. Remember, 2 yrs ago Amare did get in foul trouble against the Mavs in their playoff series. To hate the fact that he is again becoming a offisive force is a good reason to hate the SUNS.

It is great for the NBA to have a rivalry, especially since no love can be shown between two good teams. The Suns have to prove themselves to be better than the MAVS if they plan to win a championship. While Dallas in my opnion, has nothing to prove. Dallas has already proven to be the best team in the NBA.
Browser is offline   Reply With Quote