Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-15-2003, 10:12 PM   #81
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Preseason: Cowboys/Texans

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Not endorsing Hutch here at all, but Qsucks is not the answer. The guy is playing ok versus a JV football team tonight but he still sucks tremendously and will never be a quality NFL quarterback.

Well he is all we have. Hutch couldn't even do this last week against the Cardinals so he shouldn't even be in the running. No one is asying Carter is the future. We are looking for a qb to take us into this season to atleast put the ball down the field. Its a win win situation for the Cowboys but with Carter atleast they won't have to worry about fumbles and pee wee league mistakes from there qb.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2003, 10:13 PM   #82
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Preseason: Cowboys/Texans

As far as what we have right now, Carter is definitely the answer. He has showed something, on the other hand Hutch has showed nothing at all. He played pretty good against an NFL team, albeit it is Houston but an NFL team nonetheless. I think he played better than ok, he did pretty good in my honest opinion.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:16 PM   #83
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
As far as what we have right now, Carter is definitely the answer. He has showed something, on the other hand Hutch has showed nothing at all. He played pretty good against an NFL team, albeit it is Houston but an NFL team nonetheless. I think he played better than ok, he did pretty good in my honest opinion.

Whats funny is that Hutch couldn't even do this last week with the first team. Stoerner and Romo played better than Hutch and they had guys who probaly won't even make the team.

1996-2005
Old 08-15-2003, 10:17 PM   #84
QCarFan
Golden Member

good post FilthyFinMavs
Old 08-15-2003, 10:18 PM   #85
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Props to the O-Line tonight. I would've liked to see what Hutch could've done behind a line like that to get a feel of what he can do. I still want to know why he didn't play.

1996-2005
Old 08-15-2003, 10:19 PM   #86
QCarFan
Golden Member

good post again FilthyFinMavs, I agree with both. Hutch should be out of the running, and cut immediately.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:20 PM   #87
QCarFan
Golden Member

He was behind the 1st team O-Line right?
Old 08-15-2003, 10:27 PM   #88
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
He was behind the 1st team O-Line right?

Yea same o-line just different results.

1996-2005
Old 08-15-2003, 10:32 PM   #89
QCarFan
Golden Member

I think his poor play had alot to do with that, jmo.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:33 PM   #90
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for the Boys.

Great game by Carter.

I'm not going to get too excited yet. Carter has had good games before and then followed it with a string of mediocre games.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:35 PM   #91
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
but with Carter at least they won't have to worry about fumbles and pee wee league mistakes from there qb.
Please. Qspare cannot hold the ball on passes. He fumbles on the back swing. Mentally he is at best challenged. Qstanky should be a DB not a QB. He is enough of an athlete to be a decent DB in this league. He is an awful QB though. I've seen peewee league QB's make better mental choices than Qcrappy. The guy is awful. Of course....I freely admit there is not a good QB choise. I don't care who we start at this point. QB will suck hard this year.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:46 PM   #92
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

you know, i'm really confused with the "Carter was playing just to save his job, and Hutch is the starter". It'd be a good theory if Hutch has shown something, but i have seen anything yet. If that truely is their thinking, then Hutch better shine like gold next week. Carter may not be pretty, but he has shown the ability to lead the team. True he is inconsistant, but aren't all young QB's? Now i haven't seen Hutch lead the team at all.

I'm pretty sure we're all in the dark here, and Bill has his own plan, which we'll figure out before the Falcons game.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:47 PM   #93
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
but with Carter at least they won't have to worry about fumbles and pee wee league mistakes from there qb.
Please. Qspare cannot hold the ball on passes. He fumbles on the back swing. Mentally he is at best challenged. Qstanky should be a DB not a QB. He is enough of an athlete to be a decent DB in this league. He is an awful QB though. I've seen peewee league QB's make better mental choices than Qcrappy. The guy is awful. Of course....I freely admit there is not a good QB choise. I don't care who we start at this point. QB will suck hard this year.

Hutch can't hold the ball period. I mean shit Romo didn't make the mistakes that Hutch does. He still fumbles when he gets hit. He is just a f*** up. I hope this was a message to Hutch that he is being traded for a 7th rounder or he is being cut. Yes Carter is a great athlete. You can't even say that about Hutch. All we can say is he has strong arm. What good is that when you have no accuracy?

1996-2005
Old 08-15-2003, 10:52 PM   #94
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
you know, i'm really confused with the "Carter was playing just to save his job, and Hutch is the starter". It'd be a good theory if Hutch has shown something, but i have seen anything yet. If that truely is their thinking, then Hutch better shine like gold next week. Carter may not be pretty, but he has shown the ability to lead the team. True he is inconsistant, but aren't all young QB's? Now i haven't seen Hutch lead the team at all.

I'm pretty sure we're all in the dark here, and Bill has his own plan, which we'll figure out before the Falcons game.

Thats exactly what i'm saying. Did I miss something? When did he show us anything? I just don't get that logic that Carter is trying to save his job unless they mean this week was Carters turn to save his job and now next week is Hutch's. Hutch hasn't even practiced with the first team yet.

1996-2005
Old 08-15-2003, 10:53 PM   #95
Drbio
Banned

FFM- can you at least admit that Qshitty is a bad QB? Geez...it seems like you have a blind love for the guy. Nothing wrong with blind love as a fan, but you defend him like you have aroom full of his posters and the official Qcrappy skid mark underpants. The guy is no Joe Montana...heck, he isn't even Joe Montagne.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:08 PM   #96
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
FFM- can you at least admit that Qshitty is a bad QB? Geez...it seems like you have a blind love for the guy. Nothing wrong with blind love as a fan, but you defend him like you have aroom full of his posters and the official Qcrappy skid mark underpants. The guy is no Joe Montana...heck, he isn't even Joe Montagne.

I want the guy to succeed just like I want Romo to succeed. I have no problem admitting he is not a good qb however I have a problem with people praising a qb who can't even spell qb. I stick up for Carter just like others stick up for Hutch. I like Carter. I like the idea of having a mobile qb. I like Romo. I like what I hear from the media about him. Carter was not suppose to even be here this season. Carter was suppose to be sent packing this offseason. He is still here. I trust what Parcells is doing. For Carter to still be on this squad shows me that he is impressing Bill. When I hear that they are impressed with guys like Romo or WIllie Blade that tells me that they are doing something good. I don't hear that in Hutch at all.

1996-2005
Old 08-15-2003, 11:10 PM   #97
Drbio
Banned

Fair enough. Just curious. It seems you REALLY like Qpoopie and I can respect that.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:12 PM   #98
QCarFan
Golden Member

He is not a bad qb imo, he may not be the best but he is the best we have. He is better than Hutch, which is what I think most of us are saying.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:16 PM   #99
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
He is not a bad qb imo, he may not be the best but he is the best we have. He is better than Hutch, which is what I think most of us are saying.

He is a bad QB. He has a huge bag of nothing. Many of us here feel he has peaked and feel that Hutch still has untapped potential. I can't imagine either one being on the roster in a couple years though.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:46 AM   #100
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Fair enough. Just curious. It seems you REALLY like Qpoopie and I can respect that.

I don't love Quincy that much. I just end up defending him and it starts to sound like i'm praising him. I'd be on board to bring in any qb in here who can contribute however with this O-Line it would be useless.

1996-2005
Old 08-16-2003, 05:15 AM   #101
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Doesn't this shit sound familiar? Last year, anyone?
Old 08-16-2003, 08:31 AM   #102
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

What did we find out? (take with grain of salt since this was the Texans)

A new controversy? Woody Danzler or Zuriel Smith? - Dantler showed his jaw-dropping abilities again. The Cowboys have got to find a way for this guy to get the ball in his hands, he is absolute electricty. ZSmith - his acceleration is astounding, to go with smooth silky speed.

QB: Carter either just made himself the front runner, or he evened himself up with Chutch, depends on why you think BigBill benched Chutch. Q looked like he could be effective when the line held up. Romo proved that he is a rookie.

RB: THam was looking good when he got some holes. His block to against the blitzer on the pass to Glenn? was exactly the kind of thing that will help cure what ails the Cowboys. Cason looked pretty good. Any news on Lee?

FB: Other than Andersons fumble, I think they looked good.

WR: Bryant is the number one. Galloway and Glenn will fight for the two after Galloways underwhelming performance last night. If one of the youngun' steps it up this season, I think we are fine at WR.

OLine: Key to a decent season. Looked much, much, better.

Once again take it all with a grain of salt as we did play the Texans. Oh yeah, Steoner wasn't too bad. He looked like what Bill wants - a guy to drive the bus.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 11:50 AM   #103
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Lord, don't forget the tight ends. I was impressed with Campbell and Whitten. For the first time in years I think we have something there.

1996-2005