Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-28-2003, 06:03 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jumaine Jones to Boston in trade

Cleveland to send Jumaine Jones to Boston

Associated Press

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Cavaliers say they have agreed to a three-player trade with the Boston Celtics.

Team spokesman Tad Carter said tonight that Cleveland plans to send swingman Jumaine Jones to the Boston for guard J.R. Bremer and center Bruno Sundov.

Carter says an announcement planned for Monday night was postponed because there wasn't enough time to have the trade paperwork filed with the league.

Both teams plan to make it official tomorrow.

Jones is a 6-foot-8 forward who averaged nearly 10 points and just over five rebounds in his second season with Cleveland.

Sundov, a 7-2 Croatian, played just over five minutes with the Celtics last season.

A six-foot-two undrafted rookie, Bremer -- who's from Cleveland -- averaged four-point-seven points and just over one rebound last season.

Old 07-28-2003, 06:10 PM   #2
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

I like him as a player. I saw him play in the international games after his freshman year in GA and thought he had some Finley in him. Ironically the first time I saw Finley play was between his jr. and Sr. year in international competition. Obviously Jumaine isn't in Finley's class, but he is only 24 and has very good athleticism. I will be upset if we don't do something before the season starts and passed on a legitimate 20-25 min player at small forward.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:32 PM   #3
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Since Jones was a RFA and the other two have some time left, I guess it was a S&T. Boston had been talking to Jones over the weekend.

So Danny Ainge got the player he wanted and cleared out two contracts.

And Cleveland turns their surplus of SFs into a back-up back up C and a backup PG. I think Bremer's expires after this year.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 07:50 AM   #4
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

too bad,i'd kinda liked to see him in dallas.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 12:22 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Stephen Jackson maybe a better fit. Add theo ratliff to the mix and the mavs might be right their with the spurs, kings and la. Cubes, and the nellie's are the master of the blockbuster trade. Aka Dirk draft day deal, Nash, howard-raef and nick. We are so quick to forget who and how we got here. What ever enough of my lecture, but nick for ratliff plas a first round pick might be a good deal especially since atlanta will most certainly be in the lottery next season.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote