Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-30-2003, 12:22 PM   #1
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default Kobe gets a dose of the "media"

Some of you know I don't think it's camp Kobe leaking the info about the accuser, rather I believe it to be the media whores. I can site numerous examples of the media whores trying to make a splash at someone elses expense, sometimes just ommiting some facts can get the gullable public to bite on a story that is really a non-story. This is another case but this time it's going against Kobe rather than against the accuser. Do I beleive the accuser or her camp leaked this? No. I give both sides the benefit of the doubt. Both sides have requested to the judge handling the case that a lid be kept on the info. It's more likely that someone working at the police office, DA's office or hospital is making a few bucks on the side. Someone most likely not tied directly to the case, more likely some kind of general support personnel.

Anyway, here's a post I made on an othe board:

WayOutWest
(7/30/03 10:08 am)
Reply | Edit Kobe get's a dose of the "media"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure how many of you are familiar with the story floating around, the only location that will print the rumor is on drudge report website.

Basically it claims that Kobe went "back door" on the accuser. Guilty of rape or not, that further stigmatizes Kobe's image. Can you begin to imagine how far people will go with that rumor?

Also, a lead DA from Denver has been brought in to help with the prosecution of the Kobe case. The new DA is described as a "pit bull" in the prosecution of the sexual assualt field. Vail DA got more money to prosecute the Kobe case as well, about 100K. Cops got an extra 45K for the handling of the case as well.

WayOutWest
(7/30/03 10:08 am)
Reply | Edit See what I mean!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a sample:

Top 10 new nicknames for Kobe Bryant:

10) Count Chocula

9) LA's newest superhero, not to be confused with Superman,

"Buttman"

Pfffffffttt, Pffffft....

Alfred: Sir, it's the buttphone
Kobe: Thanks Alfred!

(he races to the buttmobile, a brown Ford Probe)

8) Cocoa Puff-Daddy

7) "Planet 7"

becasue he's enthusiastic about Uranus.

6) Hershey Kisser

5) Lord Vader

(tempted by the dark side)

4) Mr. Goodbar

you know, nuts covered in chocolate...

(groan)

3) analogous to "Cornbread Maxwell"

"Cornhole Bryant"

2) The new Chocolate Thunder

and at #1:

1) Mr. UPS

motto: What can brown do for you?

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2003, 01:24 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Kobe gets a dose of the "media"

Just for illustrating the point.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:31 PM   #3
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Chiwas: I don't that picture is politically correct... it should say "ButtLove" or "BuckFutt", if anything.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 02:51 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
Chiwas: I don't that picture is politically correct... it should say "ButtLove" or "BuckFutt", if anything.
Or maybe Diapers.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:54 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

That is some NASTY new nicknames for Kobe.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 02:58 PM   #6
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Or maybe Diapers.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 05:55 PM   #7
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Is that jersey from his "new" team?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]