Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-18-2002, 09:13 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Altough many of you don't want either. Who would you rather see as the Dallas QB?
Old 12-18-2002, 11:17 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see a spot for "none of the above"
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 11:31 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I vote Anthony Wright lol. HE accomplished more then any of these guys and he isn't even on the squad. Well I guess I vote for Quincy since I was in favor of him succeeding but didn't get the full season he was intitled to I guess. Hutch hasn't showed shit to me. Still don't see how they expect to get a young qb without a veteran qb to back them up like the St. Louis and New England situation.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 12:06 AM   #4
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Why would anyone vote for Chutch?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] He hasn't done anything but lose so far.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 01:22 AM   #5
Super Slow Mo

Super Slow Mo is on a distinguished road

is this a joke? qcarter is way above this loser. cpunk is a spare. qcar, anyday. look at the numbers, they dont lie
Super Slow Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 09:41 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Those same "Numbers" say that Steve Walsh was the greatest QB in Dallas history. Still think the numbers can't lie?

I like MFFL's answer best.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:57 PM   #7
Super Slow Mo

Super Slow Mo is on a distinguished road

this is a comparison between csuck and qcarter, walsh has nothing to do with it. qcs numbers are better, period
Super Slow Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 09:43 AM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

What would the results be if the choices were Carter, Hutchinson or Aikman (judging by T-Ache's rookie season)?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 12:12 PM   #9
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

NONE OF THEM, don't make me watch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2002, 02:28 PM   #10
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

QtotheC anyday of the week.
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 03:19 PM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Elgin speaks.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 12:48 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

if the cowboys go with Quincy, they might as well end the franchise.. go ahead and close up shop and go with a WNBA team or something
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 06:07 AM   #13
realclipsfan
Banned

Yea, they certainly did better with your guy in there, what he go 2-6? 2-7 after the game against the Redskins. Anyone who watched the Cowboys this season knows that QC done alot better job than Hutch did. No one can sit here with a straight face and say Hutch did a better job than QC, but you can sit here and bash Carter. That says alot you know, pretty sad IMO.
Old 12-25-2002, 06:05 PM   #14
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

personally, I'd rather see the Cowboys take a QB with a high pick, and stick with him. I would say stick with Hutch, but I hate watching QB's that take sacks and fumble at least once a game. And Quincy may turn into a great QB, but it would take a lot longer than the Cowboys, or their fans will wait. I would love to see Leftwich as the QB, because he shows he has the fight and playmaking ability to go with the goods. and the Cowboys will possibly end up with the #3 pick, so it is possible.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:32 PM   #15
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< Yea, they certainly did better with your guy in there, what he go 2-6? 2-7 after the game against the Redskins. Anyone who watched the Cowboys this season knows that QC done alot better job than Hutch did. No one can sit here with a straight face and say Hutch did a better job than QC, but you can sit here and bash Carter. That says alot you know, pretty sad IMO. >>

watch the veiled insults.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 02:02 AM   #16
realclipsfan
Banned

Well to be honest with you just211, some in the Cowboys organization and some fans obviously don't want a black QB starting for the Dallas Cowboys. Just look at how Quincy was treated, and how Chad wasn't held to the same standards. It's pretty sad, but hey that's the way it is some places. Hopefully things change and they come to their senses, and take the best QB available, white, black, yellow or whatever.

I will watch them ae, let me know when I actually insult someone.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:07 AM   #17
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I just don't see it as a race issue from the organization's perspective. I do agree that there were too many fans that were reluctant to embrace a black QB of the Cowboys. Although, to be fair to the fans, the selection Q-Car was crucified by the media, so I can't really blame the fans for not giving him a chance.

I don't see it as race with Jerry; I just think he was in love with Troy Aikman and he sees Hutch as an Aikman clone. It is probably a mistake on his part, but we will see. I think Jerry is in nostalgia-mode and is trying to recreate the early '90s Cowboys. It will get him killed.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 12:45 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I'm not entirely sold that Hutch can be a good quarterback with the Cowboys. The Cowboys have trouble protecting the quaterback, lack a good tight end to consistently catch passes over the middle, and are not stellar at wide reciever. To top that they don't run the ball particularly well. It's tough for any quarterback to succeed in this situation. Hutch was out of football for 4 years. Considering that, his performance this year on a team playing like the Cowboys was very good. But that doesn't mean he's going to be a great starting quarterback in this league.

Quincy on the otherhand clearly was not up to the task. He repeatedly turned the ball over in key game situations by making ill advised passes. Doesn't matter what skills you have going for you, if your head is not in the game you will never cut it in the NFL as a quarterback. If even half of the actions of Quincy are true as report by the DMN of his sideline antics at the Arizona game, he not only shouldn't start, but he needs to be cut.

Hate to see the race card played as much as it is with Quincy. I really believe it is his play, not his color that has most people upset. If you put Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, or Michael Vick in as the starting quarterback, I don't think that there would be a problem at all. The fans would be going crazy in support of a black quarterback for americas team. Also if Hutch doesn't seriously improve next year, it won't be long before fans seriously turn against him. I do remember for fans calling for Randall Cunningham to start instead of Aikman. I personally think that the only reason that Quincy is here at all is that Jerry is too egocentric and stupid to admit his mistake in taking Quincy so high in the draft.

IMO the Cowboys should still be looking for a starting quarterback. I hope that Hutch can be that quarterback, but I'm not ready to bet on it yet. However, I'm more than ready to cut my losses with Quincy. I just don't see the player there to make even a good backup quarterback. And if the best quarterback available in the draft is black, the Cowboys management would be bigger morons than they have proved to be so far in not drafting him.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:45 PM   #19
realclipsfan
Banned

How can you be optimistic about Hutch when he played alot worst than Carter, LRB? His play was no where near very good, how can you say something like that? You're not making any sense at all, can you please clarify it. And whether you believe it or wont to admit it, the race has alot to do with people being upset about Carter. Because you definitely don't see Hutch being bashed for his play, which was alot worst than Carters. His numbers and W/L record shows that. You mention Vick, McNabb, etc etc, well those guys were highly touted QBs coming out of college. Carter was not, he came in here and won the starting job fair and square over Banks. Those guys were going to be handed the QB position, maybe not right away but eventually. Don't question Carters work ehtic or attitude by saying he pulled fits on the sidelines because he is not that type of player. He has never came out and said anything negative about the organization or the poor treatment he recieved. He surely could have, and I definitely wouldn't blame him because he did not get a fair shake IMO. You take backhanded shots at Carter, and continue to praise Hutch and his poor play.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:15 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Realclipsfan: Do you have problems comprehending the English language in its written form or are you just a pompous attention seeker who ignores what does not suit you? I have rather patiently responded to your posts and replys where it is obvious that you have either not understood or ignored vast portions of the posts. However, I can see that my responses have been to no avail. I have neither the patience nor time necessary to instruct you in the fundamentals of the English language via internet postings, and I have lost my desire to willingly suffer fools. So which ever category that you fall into, and I really don't know which it is, I will say my goodbye to you until you have rectified the problem. Goodbye and good luck.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:19 PM   #21
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Personally, I don't think ANYONE can get a decent evaluation behind THAT offensive line. When you can't run and you can't protect, you need some lineman who can PLAY.

The entire &quot;Quincy vs. Hutch vs. someone else&quot; debate takes our attention away from the real problem.

Old 12-26-2002, 02:28 PM   #22
LRB
Guru

OP: I think that you have just hit at the heart of the problem. Or as Howie Long said a couple of weeks ago when speaking of the Dallas pass protection &quot;even Michael Vick couldn't keep from being sacked with protection like that.&quot;
Old 12-26-2002, 02:34 PM   #23
realclipsfan
Banned

Well LRB, if you wouldn't contradict yourself so much then, maybe you could understand my post. And you could see how accurate it is, when you said that Hutch has played very good(no matter what spin you put on it, he has not played good) you lost alot of credibility. So I will copy and past my post into this post, read it again and reply to it if you want to. It wont make my day, 1 way or the other man.

How can you be optimistic about Hutch when he played alot worst than Carter, LRB? His play was no where near very good, how can you say something like that? You're not making any sense at all, can you please clarify it. And whether you believe it or wont to admit it, the race has alot to do with people being upset about Carter. Because you definitely don't see Hutch being bashed for his play, which was alot worst than Carters. His numbers and W/L record shows that. You mention Vick, McNabb, etc etc, well those guys were highly touted QBs coming out of college. Carter was not, he came in here and won the starting job fair and square over Banks. Those guys were going to be handed the QB position, maybe not right away but eventually. Don't question Carters work ehtic or attitude by saying he pulled fits on the sidelines because he is not that type of player. He has never came out and said anything negative about the organization or the poor treatment he recieved. He surely could have, and I definitely wouldn't blame him because he did not get a fair shake IMO. You take backhanded shots at Carter, and continue to praise Hutch and his poor play.

LRB: as the guys on the ESPN show that comes on Mondays said &quot;With Carter in there, the Cowboys had a better chance of winning and possibly going to the playoffs.&quot;
Old 12-26-2002, 05:35 PM   #24
Just211
Platinum Member

I agree with OP, about the line. BUT, why did they give up on Carter, when he was giving the team a chance to win behind the crappy line. I know he wasn't brilliant, and Hutch and Q play at the same level,but Hutch hasn't shown the ability to deliver in the 4th QTR. Q did. And I repeat, he wasn't doing great, but he showed he could deliver in the clutch, and I would have liked to see him given the time to mature.

Also him blowing up in the ARZ game was to be expected with the treatment he received. They would tell him one thing and do another. The told him he was the future, then got Hutch. They told him he was sTILL the future, yet he was getting only 50% of the reps in practice. They told him to stay in the pocket, then publicly critized him for not scrambling more. and ON and ON and ON. He was shown NO loyalty or respect.

That said, Jerry will probably learn his lesson and stick with HUTCH and show him he has faith in him. Jerry is confused and uncertain what to do with the QB situation, but it is his own fault. HE should pick a QB, stake the future in that QB, and then stick with him...........................No, I mean stick with him, FOR REAL, not like he did with his other QB's that were the FUTURE
Old 12-26-2002, 09:43 PM   #25
realclipsfan
Banned

Good post just211, I agree!
Old 12-26-2002, 11:36 PM   #26
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

That whole Carter situation was very wierd. I have brought up the race card before in another post I started but lets just let u guys dig it up and see how things went out with it. I thought maybe it was race which was the reason why Carter wasn't excepted with the fans which I still believe that was a part in it I believe Aikman being here so long people weren't ready to see anotherh guy in here to be the future of the cowboys. That was JJ's fault. He labeled Quincy as the &quot;future&quot;. He not only put pressure on Quincy but fans had more expections of him and now that he has put Hutch under less pressure Hutch still can't seem to play well. And besides that Cardinals game where Quincy threw 5 pick offs, he looked okay out on the field for being a young qb. I have no problem with Hutch givin a chance but why not let Quincy finish the season? If he didn't work out we get a good draft pick if he did we may have a decent qb in here. Anyone who believes Hutch is playing better then Quincy is blind. Hutch has that 300 yard game under his belt which is a great accomplishment but Quincy has those 3 wins under that horrible line and no running game.

But I agree how can you judge a qb on a coach who u do not plan on returning here next season, a running game that you do not plan on returning next season and a coordinator who likes to throw 3 yard passes on 3rd and 10? As long as Coslet is here we will never do anything I do not care if we bring in Michael Vick he couldn't even work with Coslet.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 07:18 AM   #27
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poll: QUINCY or HUTCH?

bump
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 03:50 PM   #28
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default Poll: QUINCY or HUTCH?

[img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]