Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Team USA 4 x 100 relay!!!

Did anyone else happen to watch that Swim Relay last night at the Olympic games?

That was one of the most exciting sports moments that I have ever witnessed!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a swim fan or most olympic sports, but I did catch the hype/drams of the French Trash talk and so I hung on to watch the race.

Seeing our boys fight tooth and nail to win in the final split second was freakin awesome!!! Normally I cheer for the Mavs and those awesome come from behind unthinkable victories...but last night was special and what a stage.

To think that 5 of the 8 teams racing broke the World record that had actually been set in the preliminaries...what a race, what an effort and what a way to watch my home country beat my 2nd home country!!!

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Turd
Old 08-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

That was an amazing relay, very fun to watch.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Already talked about it?

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...t=33630&page=3

Last edited by nikeball; 08-11-2008 at 02:18 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

>?

Last edited by MavsX; 08-11-2008 at 02:53 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball

Well aren't you special?
Old 08-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
Well aren't you special?
When trying to prevent thread clutter...yes?
Old 08-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
92bDad
Platinum Member

If you are trying to keep thread clutter clear, then itemize the various threads within the olympic thread...that is a cluster clutter...too many topics to find the one you want to message about.

This was a special event that had plenty of merit for it's own thread.

There are several other events at the Olympics that also merit their own thread...

Women's Gymnastics

Mens Basketball

Mens Soccer

Womens Handball

You name it, there are a ton of events that some of us are watching with interest and would care to talk about on their own.

So what you see as clutter, I see as organized and easy to find, while what you see as uncluttered, I see as a mess of a thread that you can't find anything without reading every single message.

Enjoy your cluttered life...I like to pick and only read what I would like to read...in this case its a thread about the Men
s 4x100 Swim Relay and perhaps the single greatest race of any kind in the history of sports!!!

Perhaps, if someone has started this thread ealier so that all of us could jump in and chat about it...I wouldn't have had to start it myself.

Have a great day and enjoy the games tonight!!!

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I can see the argument, but the reality is many people already posted about this event in another thread. Posting your thoughts in a new thread is only going to get your post more attention, not get more dicussion going.

Nothing really against the rules in starting your own thread, but I think it says something about you if you deem your thoughts worthy of their own thread when everyone else saw fit to discuss it in another thread. If you had an article that you wanted to make sure everyone read I could see the argument.

Just my two cents. Carry on.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-11-2008 at 04:33 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #10
92bDad
Platinum Member

I suppose that I can see the following thread:

Beijing 2008: The Games of the XXIX Olympiad ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Flacolaco Today 03:54 PM
by erdubya 135

Which has 135 messages to read...and I can figure somewhere in the multitude of pages there might be someone talking about a more specific topic and then I can spend a ton of time looking and searching for that one page...

Or I can do exactly what I did, and start a thread regarding the one topic that there was no thread for.

It's like sitting in a bar and striking up a conversation...if someone is interested they will chat, if not they move on...I don't believe that I have ever had someone jump into my conversation at a bar to tell me that they are talking about that over at the other end of the bar...that group over there...they are talking about other stuff and they have already talked about subject xyz, so you don't need to start that over on this side of the bar.

Give me a break...

Threads are simply a way to strike up a conversation...if someone is interested, they will respond...if not, they will ignore and move over to another topic.

My apologies for getting someonew panties up in a wad.

next time I'll start a conversation and ignore those who think they own the world on how message boards should operate.

By the way, I am lmao at this whole conversation...

Now let's see if we can get back onto the actual topic???

Has there ever been a race that was as great as this 4 x 100 relay in ANY sport?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #11
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

one world amazing
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
I suppose that I can see the following thread:

Beijing 2008: The Games of the XXIX Olympiad ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Flacolaco Today 03:54 PM
by erdubya 135

Which has 135 messages to read...and I can figure somewhere in the multitude of pages there might be someone talking about a more specific topic and then I can spend a ton of time looking and searching for that one page...

Or I can do exactly what I did, and start a thread regarding the one topic that there was no thread for.

It's like sitting in a bar and striking up a conversation...if someone is interested they will chat, if not they move on...I don't believe that I have ever had someone jump into my conversation at a bar to tell me that they are talking about that over at the other end of the bar...that group over there...they are talking about other stuff and they have already talked about subject xyz, so you don't need to start that over on this side of the bar.

Give me a break...

Threads are simply a way to strike up a conversation...if someone is interested, they will respond...if not, they will ignore and move over to another topic.

My apologies for getting someonew panties up in a wad.

next time I'll start a conversation and ignore those who think they own the world on how message boards should operate.

By the way, I am lmao at this whole conversation...

Now let's see if we can get back onto the actual topic???

Has there ever been a race that was as great as this 4 x 100 relay in ANY sport?
Don't worry about it.. you didn't do anything wrong.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I Repeat

Turd
Old 08-11-2008, 11:47 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Man did anyone see that 4x100 Relay!!

Wow..that was some race wasn't it!! Also some primal screaming going on there..

I fart in the general direction of the french!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Are you doing a bit?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #16
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Now this is a perfect example of what isn't a Turd.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Are you doing a bit?
Huh? You didn't see it! It was unbelievable, the US guy barely beat out the french dude. Sacre Bleau...Oh Merde...the damn americans kicked our asses again.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-11-2008 at 11:54 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:08 AM   #18
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

J'AIME LE POULET!!!
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter