Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-20-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default I want Carter to start as qb- period

Prove me that CHAD is better .

Quicncy throws interceptions at the end zone.

Chad fumbles at 15-30 yard line.

Who is better?

Quincy can run
Old 08-20-2003, 08:02 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE: I want Carter to start as qb- period

i think i'd rather have a lame donkey as our starting QB than either one of those two jackasses.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:13 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Prove me that CHAD is better .

Quicncy throws interceptions at the end zone.

Chad fumbles at 15-30 yard line.

Who is better?

Quincy can run
I was listening to Espn Radio and Fox Sports radio today and it seems like alot of those guys who called in are in favor for Quincy. If we are going to start the qb who has showed the most so far I start Quincy. Hutch is going to have to step on that field tommorow and show something. Its kinda funny that Chris Simms outplayed both of these guys even though he won't see any time.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:23 PM   #4
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Yeah Quincy was a stud against that POWERHOUSE Texans defense. Come on.

We've seen A TON more of Q this pre-season (not to mention the last 2 seasons) and you are still supporting him? Hutch MAY not be any better...he MAY be worse (although that would be difficult) but at least give him as much of an opportunity as Q as had.

There is a reason everyone laughed at Jerry Jones for drafting Q in the 2nd round.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:42 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES

We've seen A TON more of Q this pre-season (not to mention the last 2 seasons) and you are still supporting him? Hutch MAY not be any better...he MAY be worse (although that would be difficult) but at least give him as much of an opportunity as Q as had.

There is a reason everyone laughed at Jerry Jones for drafting Q in the 2nd round.

Tell me the positives of Chad vs quincy - as opposed to the above quote. I need some logical reason here. What do you mean by give chad a chance as much as quincy had? You cannot teach somebody not to fumble.

Old 08-20-2003, 08:53 PM   #6
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I'm just saying that it should speak volumes that Quincy has started 16 games over the last 2 years and Chad has started half that many - yet supposedly they are at the same level in training camp without a clear cut starter emerging.

Quincy never progressed (in fact most people say he regressed) over those 16 starts and he has a reputation as a guy who does not prepare for games and half heartedly listens to Coaches.

No Thanks.

Hutchison, I truly believe, has already won by default.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:55 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Hey like I said if he comes out tommorow and outplays Carter than there is going to be a tough decision to make. Its not me that isn't giving Hutch a chance its Parcells. That says something. It could possibly say two things. Either he is in favor of Quincy right now or he is seeing what Quincy has because he likes Hutch. Carter is practicing with the 1st team. Hutch isn't. Last I heard Hutch was taking snaps with Romo. I believe everyone laughed at Jerry for getting Carter in the 2nd round because he wasn't suppose to go that high. If Carter does pan out if JJ would've took him in the 4th or 5th round where he was projected it would look like a steal. I think teh same people who are laughing at JJ for drafting Carter in the 2nd are the same ones laughing at JJ for giving Hutch 4 million a year. HE just gets suckered in so easily.

1996-2005
Old 08-20-2003, 08:57 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
i think i'd rather have a lame donkey as our starting QB than either one of those two jackasses.
You got that right.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:58 PM   #9
XERXES
Diamond Member

The most common theory I've heard is that Parcells is trying to make life hard for Hutch (much like he did for Phil Simms) to toughen him up so that he'll be ready for the season...it's all speculation right now, anyway.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:04 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm just saying that it should speak volumes that Quincy has started 16 games over the last 2 years and Chad has started half that many - yet supposedly they are at the same level in training camp without a clear cut starter emerging.

Quincy never progressed (in fact most people say he regressed) over those 16 starts and he has a reputation as a guy who does not prepare for games and half heartedly listens to Coaches.

No Thanks.

Hutchison, I truly believe, has already won by default.

Quincy led us to 3-3 last season. Hutch was 2-4. Quincy actually won against some quality teams. Hutch didn't. That whole Quincy has more experience is somewhat true however both of these guys are having to learn new plays. They both have had offensive coordinators come in and out the door. The same can be said for qb coach. They both haven't really had a opprotunity to succeed which is why they are in the situation they are in now. Its Parcells job to fix it. I doubt he does it.

1996-2005
Old 08-20-2003, 09:12 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

The reason that Qtard is stuck with the stigma of being a dumbass is because he could not grasp Cosletts playbook. They had to dumb down the playbook for him. BTW, Cosletts playbook is widely thought to be one of the easiest in the game.

So he is stuck, fair or not, with names like Qtard, Qstupid, Qidiot, etc. and they are all fitting of his mental capacity on the field. Glad to hear that he is investing his money wisely. Since he will be out of the league in 1-2 years he is going to need that cash.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:24 PM   #12
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

This whole quarterback debate cracks me up.

Imagine if we were sitting there in the early 90's, having a fierce debate over whether to start Greg Dreiling or Darren Morningstar at center. Anyone objective would realize that it's a pointless debate, because both guys sucked and had no future in the league. To think that people are letting it get personal is even more unbelievable.

The Cowboys are going to be terrible this year. Get used to it. This year ISN'T about developing a quarterback, because they don't have one to develop. This year is about seeing if the guys with potential at OTHER positions can develop. Not one quarterback on the roster this year will be a contributor to this team in 3 years. So who cares?

To quote a famous and personal friend of mine, "Can't we all just get along?"

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2003, 09:33 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
The most common theory I've heard is that Parcells is trying to make life hard for Hutch (much like he did for Phil Simms) to toughen him up so that he'll be ready for the season...it's all speculation right now, anyway.

There maybe some truth to that.

1996-2005
Old 08-20-2003, 09:35 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
This whole quarterback debate cracks me up.

Imagine if we were sitting there in the early 90's, having a fierce debate over whether to start Greg Dreiling or Darren Morningstar at center. Anyone objective would realize that it's a pointless debate, because both guys sucked and had no future in the league. To think that people are letting it get personal is even more unbelievable.

The Cowboys are going to be terrible this year. Get used to it. This year ISN'T about developing a quarterback, because they don't have one to develop. This year is about seeing if the guys with potential at OTHER positions can develop. Not one quarterback on the roster this year will be a contributor to this team in 3 years. So who cares?

To quote a famous and personal friend of mine, "Can't we all just get along?"

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

If Hutch or Carter where to have a breakout year I see no reason why these guys or guy can't be on the roster next season. Regardless a vet qb will be brought in whether its this season or next. If Hutch had any presence in the pocket this guy could actually show his upside. He just sits still though and with this O-line you just can't do that.

1996-2005
Old 08-20-2003, 09:43 PM   #15
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Realistically, neither of these QB's are good. But we have to understand that out wide receivers are not good either to make these QB's good. Some of the Quincy's interceptions could have been avoided if we had good wide receivers.

Let me reiterate Bruce Coslet's offense was suckass. Not ever NFL analysts understood.

The fumbles Chad makes are the ones which 60% of the time result in a score for opposing team.

Quincy is good in avoiding tackles compared to Chad.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:46 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Queef can't throw the football. Ducks get horny when he he tried to throw the football more than 8 yards downfield.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:50 PM   #17
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

does anyone really think chad runs the offense better than quincy?

Lets see tomorrow. If Chad was so good , Bill would have chosen him by now as starting QB.

IMO , I will use Quincy to play games and CHad to do the interviews.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:53 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
does anyone really think chad runs the offense better than quincy?

Lets see tomorrow. If Chad was so good , Bill would have chosen him by now as starting QB.

IMO , I will use Quincy to play games and CHad to do the interviews.

Ha. Its one thing to say whats on your mind but its another when what you say comes out stupid.

1996-2005
Old 08-20-2003, 09:57 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

I don't think either one runs the offense well at all.

One point....Qbust will be out of the NFL in 1-3 years. Hutchisucks has a chance to still be in the league over the same period.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:57 PM   #20
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

After the interview where Quincy compared himself to Brett Favre , troy aickman - I decided to give Chad to do the interview part.

I am 100% confident Quincy is better than Chad unless somebosy proves me wrong.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:58 PM   #21
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Ducks get horny when he he tried to throw the football more than 8 yards downfield.
I support Q in this debate, but I have to admit this is funny.

The thing I will never understand is how so many people have gone into this assuming it was Chad's job and Q was playing catchup. Chutch did nothing to impress me last year. Q went an uninspiring 3-3. But under Q they did average about 300 yards of offense per game. More than under Chad.

Because the fieldgoal kicker missed a 50 yarder, Q was benched (Jerry admitted that if the'd made that fieldgoal, Q would have started the next game). Immediately, the front office started bashing Carter. All of a sudden, we heard how he'd lost the team (my understanding is that actually was the case). We also heard how Carter was pissed off at Hutchison's practice time (frankly, if I was Carter, I'd have been pissed that I was starting and only getting 60% of the snaps too).

Chutch, when given the opportunity, wasted it. There are no excuses for that. Even though he hadn't taken a snap in a game for 4 years, we were told that he was better than a guy that had started 16 NFL games and 20+ in college in the previous 4 years. That was simply untrue.

This year, Chutch has had every opportunity to solidify himself as the starter and certainly hasn't impressed anyone. And I can already smell the "Chutch didn't get a fair shot" argument brewing and that is pure crap. Do you really want to compare starting against the Cardinals or Arizona in preseason? Please. Houston is terrible; Arizona is terrible. Preseason is preseason-half the players on all these teams are future truckdrivers and carsalesmen-my favorite mexican place in fort worth for years was a place owned by a perennial thousand oaks retread.

Finally, let's not forget, starting Chad in the first place was Jerry's last on the field personnel decision. Oh and the collective decision of an offensive coaching staff of which not one has a job in the NFL this year.

And as I keep saying, they both suck. Does anybody doubt that if the draft board has a QB at the top when Dallas picks next year that we will pick him?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 10:15 PM   #22
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
After the interview where Quincy compared himself to Brett Favre , troy aickman - I decided to give Chad to do the interview part.

I am 100% confident Quincy is better than Chad unless somebosy proves me wrong.
I'm 100% confident that Quincy is better than Chad however I think Parcells is leaning more to Chad's way. It has go to be something he is showing him at practice.

1996-2005
Old 08-20-2003, 10:23 PM   #23
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Why do intelligent people think Parcells will start a guy that he isn't playing in preseason games and apparently basing his decision solely on Hutch's performance in practices where you aren't allowed to go full speed or tackle the QB. On second thought, if Parcells can't see Hutch fumble every time he gets hit, maybe Hutch is in the lead.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

People who think Hutch is in the lead on this thing are in denial. And that includes a lot of the media.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:45 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Why do intelligent people think Parcells will start a guy that he isn't playing in preseason games and apparently basing his decision solely on Hutch's performance in practices where you aren't allowed to go full speed or tackle the QB. On second thought, if Parcells can't see Hutch fumble every time he gets hit, maybe Hutch is in the lead.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

People who think Hutch is in the lead on this thing are in denial. And that includes a lot of the media.

Well alot of it leads up to probaly Hutch starting. You could say that maybe the reason Carter is getting the snaps are because Parcells likes what he sees from Hutch and is giving Carter a chance to change his mind. You could also say that maybe Parcells just doesn't like Hutch at all which is why he isn't playing. I honestly don't see how Hutch could be starting if he isn't even playing well in preseason but you never know with Bill.

1996-2005
Old 08-20-2003, 10:56 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Bill Parcells is carefully orchestrating every media blurb about Hutchisucks and Qcraptacular. Parcells is a master manipulator of the media. Only Bill knows what Bill is thinking and sometimes even he forgets.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:01 PM   #26
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I don't think either one runs the offense well at all.

One point....Qbust will be out of the NFL in 1-3 years. Hutchisucks has a chance to still be in the league over the same period.

Hutchinson will be in the league for a long time. Just like the rest of the really smart, strong armed guys holding clip boards. Having the skills doesn't mean you know how to perform on the field.

IMO Carter isn't great, and good might be strecthing it, but i think he has the ability to win. Especially if given time to succedd. If he is given confidence, he excels. It's obvious when you watch him play. When things are rolling, and he doesn't play afraid (trying not to mess up), he plays outstanding.
and that's what parcells is looking for. He doesn't want a superstar QB, he wants someone that will just find a way to win. And last year, even when everything looked terrible, Quincy won a few games on his own. Now with Parcells, and an improved team, i think he can actually guide this team to better outcomes.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:41 AM   #27
Dooby
Diamond Member

Carter to start tonight. Hutch will play.

Old 08-21-2003, 06:54 AM   #28
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Originally Posted By KG Veteran:
Quote:
This whole quarterback debate cracks me up. Imagine if we were sitting there in the early 90's, having a fierce debate over whether to start Greg Dreiling or Darren Morningstar at center. Anyone objective would realize that it's a pointless debate, because both guys sucked and had no future in the league. To think that people are letting it get personal is even more unbelievable.
-- Anyone know who wrote the song "Tell it like it is "...?

AARON NEVILLE ?
Old 08-21-2003, 08:10 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

carter might have looked better so far this pre season..but, carter has no potential as a QB in this league. the jury is still out on hutch
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 08:50 AM   #30
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Originally Posted By KG Veteran:
Quote:
This whole quarterback debate cracks me up. Imagine if we were sitting there in the early 90's, having a fierce debate over whether to start Greg Dreiling or Darren Morningstar at center. Anyone objective would realize that it's a pointless debate, because both guys sucked and had no future in the league. To think that people are letting it get personal is even more unbelievable.
-- Anyone know who wrote the song "Tell it like it is "...?

AARON NEVILLE ?
That's the guy.

I told 'em like it was, but they still want to kick this silly topic around.

I'll repeat: NEITHER guy has a future in this league.

The jury has come back on BOTH guys, and they say that Quincy and Chad are GUILTY as charged of SUCKING ASS.

Can we adjourn this thread now? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 02:13 PM   #31
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

We should have drafted Simms in Round 3, he looks better than the clowns we have at QuarterBack. Who care if Chad or Quincy start, they are going to suck anyway, then around the 6 week the defense will get fed up and the whole team will quit and bail as they did under Campo.

FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 02:21 PM   #32
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: I want Carter to start as qb- period

i know simms has his problems, but you would think from a marketing standpoint alone, the cowboys should have drafted him.