Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-21-2003, 03:34 PM   #1
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough
Default J. Jones said that Quincy will start the game tonight

JJ told the NFL that Q. carter will start the game tonight instead of Chad. Chad will play though. However, Parcell has not confirmed this.

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2003, 03:51 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I posted this 9 hours ago.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 04:00 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

DNNF is just now coming out of his coma.

X
Old 08-21-2003, 04:30 PM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

LMAO. This is hilarious. How come Chad can't even get any pt in preseason? If this is a test which it is going on for a bit to long. He has got to see some reps for his inexperience alone.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 04:53 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It would appear that Big Bill is leaning towards Qcraptacular as his starter.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 04:59 PM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Just remember-every interception Quincy throws is a ball Chad would have fumbled.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 08-21-2003, 05:01 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Just remember-every interception Quincy throws is a ball Chad would have fumbled.

Lol. Funny but true.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 05:38 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
*giggle*

It just goes to show how bad Qshitty and Hutchisuck are.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:54 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

and remember that to this point, hutch has acually been a better "runner" at the NFL level.

Brad Sham seems to think that the cowboys weren't actually that pleased with QCar's performance last week. Said the coaches said that Qcar missed several open receivers for big plays..instead, he went with the shorter passes. Also, said that he believes that the cowboys coaching staff are giving QCar enough roap to hang himself so that they can cut him..

and why is he starting tonight? Sham believes that it will be a blood bath against their #1 defense..Which, the boys would rather have QCar knocked around instead of Hutch during the pre season.

all of this from ESPN radio earlier
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 05:57 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Ctard has never been able to throw well past 7-8 yards. More importantly, there is nothing to indicate that Qpoopiebritches will ever improve that lack of ability.

Can't throw + Lacks mental acuity = craptacular failure
Old 08-21-2003, 06:04 PM   #11
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Ctard has never been able to throw well past 7-8 yards. More importantly, there is nothing to indicate that Qpoopiebritches will ever improve that lack of ability.

Can't throw + Lacks mental acuity = craptacular failure
But tell us how you really feel, Doc.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 06:29 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
and remember that to this point, hutch has acually been a better "runner" at the NFL level.

Brad Sham seems to think that the cowboys weren't actually that pleased with QCar's performance last week. Said the coaches said that Qcar missed several open receivers for big plays..instead, he went with the shorter passes. Also, said that he believes that the cowboys coaching staff are giving QCar enough roap to hang himself so that they can cut him..

and why is he starting tonight? Sham believes that it will be a blood bath against their #1 defense..Which, the boys would rather have QCar knocked around instead of Hutch during the pre season.

I know you don't believe that do you? Quincy could've been cut this offseason. Those are just rumors being spread.

I hope you aren't referring to Randy Galloway either. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but that guy has proved he is the biggest idiot on sports radio.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 06:45 PM   #13
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3

I refuse to believe that Parcells is setting this up so Carter can lose the starting QB job without making Hutch win it. Why set Quincy up to fail when you have only given Hutch 17 plays to succeed?

I continue to believe anyone that thinks Hutch is in the lead on this thing is delusional.

Old 08-21-2003, 06:55 PM   #14
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: J. Jones said that Quincy will start the game tonight

Well I heard Brad Sham on NFL Live, and you are adding words on there murphy3, because he didn't say all that. I think most of these guys are saying its mental to prepare Hutchinson, etc etc to cover their ass. They all said he would be the starter this year, Carter would probably be cut, etc etc but to this point Carter has outplayed him each and every time. Some of the media around here, just can't eat crow. On NFL Live, and ESPNNews, they all were in favor of Quincy Carter over Hutchinson. None of those guys have any reason to be bias, where as the local media do not want to look like idiots. To this point, most have looked like idiots because Quincy has outplayed Hutchinson. Plain and Simple
Old 08-21-2003, 07:18 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Sorry about all the fluff S&D. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2003, 11:16 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dooby, Hutch doesn't have to win the job for Carter to prove that he should be cut.

All it would mean is that Parcells had made up his mind that Carter is not worth keeping on the roster..it wouldn't mean that Hutch IS the answer. It would just mean that they'd be a step closer in deciding on whether or not Carter is or is not a viable option.

So far, Carter hasn't hung himself

Teams do this all the time when they have young kids... The rangers did the same with Doug Davis. They gave him a rotation spot to give him enough room to hang himself or prove himself. They didn't get rid of them because they knew they had better options...they got rid of him because they believed that he'd never be a good option.

This is how you find out about players.. It's not always about keeping the best option on young teams..it's about finding a player for the future...or finding out who's not a part of the future
Old 08-22-2003, 12:08 PM   #17
QCarFan
Golden Member

Chad Hutchinson proved he is not worthy of a spot on this team last night, that's for certain.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:40 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

wow, really?
last night proved that?
Old 08-22-2003, 12:50 PM   #19
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Am I the only one who's now more concerned about our running game than our throwing game?

Sheesh. We looked horrible. Hambrick is neither quick nor elusive nor hard to bring down. The only thing it appears he can do well is block.

And Larry Allen looks-- and plays-- like he couldn't care less. I think we'll be lucky to get anything out of him this year; Campo and Gailey spoiled him rotten, and he certainly doesn't appear to be willing to work like the rest of the players.

One of the things I like best about Parcells is that he refuses to coddle ANYONE. We may suck just as much this year as we did last, but at least we'll be more disciplined. And at least the players who screw up will be scared to walk to the sidelines. After the past three years, I'll just be happy to see that.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:36 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

to be honest, sturm..i don't expect much out of the offense in any manner... i think parcells wants the offense to not screw everything up and he'll be happy
Old 08-22-2003, 03:26 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

I'm suprised that the qbs even threw as well as they did with that running game. It all starts from the o-line however.

1996-2005
Old 08-22-2003, 03:32 PM   #22
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Are we really considering going into a THIRD CONSECUTIVE SEASON with Queef as our starting QB?? How on Earth is that possible? How can the Cowboys, Americas Team, start a quarterback who wouldn't make the final roster on ANY OTHER NFL TEAM, THREE YEARS IN A ROW?

The past two years, you can blame Jerry Jones and his fruitless search for the next Donovan McNabb (skill? nah...any black QB will do). This year, the blame ultimately falls on Hutch, who was practiacally gifted the starting QB spot here but who couldn't muster up jack shit when it counted. He made Queef look average by comparison. I'm praying that the Cowboys will come to their senses and pull out last year's game footage, because that's the only thing that will save this team. Other than that, our only hope is that Queef QUICKLY reminds us how bad he can be. If Queef starts the opener again this year, I can guarantee you he won't be starting by midseason. Gosh Darnit if it doesn't look to be shaping up exactly like last year.

Sorry Bill, but the phrase "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" applies here. The cowboys absolutely cannot afford to go into another season with that dead-end, worthless sack of crap at QB. And as bad as Hutch has looked, he has not once made me scream at my TV, begging for the backup to be put in. Thanks to the past two years, I have been conditioned to do that every time I see Queef under center. Queef has singlehandedly turned the Cowboys into a league wide joke... and now Hutch has given him the opportunity to do it to us again. It's time to watch the toilet flush.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 06:42 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Good post ape. Queef is not the answer. But at least one poser here (not poster but poser) can't even understand the question.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:31 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Good post ape. Queef is not the answer. But at least one poser here (not poster but poser) can't even understand the question.

Wow. Mods, I would really look into what Doc is doing. Does he run Mavtalk? It's like he is trying to single handedly ruin D-M.com. I understand why he is upset with me but why ruin the board? What did the rest of the guys do to you?

1996-2005
Old 08-22-2003, 11:37 PM   #25
QCarFan
Golden Member

We are going into the season with Carter as the starter because he earned it, he outplayed the other guy. He deserves to be the starter, in football you beat out the competition at the position and he did that. Its really quite simple if you stop and think about.