Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-21-2003, 11:08 PM   #201
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Cowboys Vs Steelers

Wow, those were some good stats. Hell, I think the guy will get even better, and may become as good as TO this season, or next. I didnt know his stats were that good already, Plax is a player.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:10 PM   #202
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cowboys Vs Steelers

To become Owens-esque, he would have to have a significant jump in confidence and play. Not that he can't, but I would expect to see steady improvement and a methodic confidence building over time.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 11:10 PM   #203
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
*yawn*

You continue to ignore the issue. How about the debate FFM or is Mary had a little lamb too intellectual?

You're waisting bandwith. Why debate with someone who you think are ignorant, a qboner, stupid, unintelligent etc.?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 11:14 PM   #204
QCarFan
Golden Member

thats true drbio, people say TO is cocky but i see it as hes confident. if you think hes cocky, knock the guy out, lock him up, etc etc. but they cant, and if i knew i was as good as TO at what i did, hey i would be just as confident
Old 08-21-2003, 11:16 PM   #205
Drbio
Banned

FFM- yo uare interferring with a good discussion on Owens and Plax Burress. Either join us, agree to the debate (I dumbed down the topic for you so you could understand) or move on.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:16 PM   #206
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
thats true drbio, people say TO is cocky but i see it as hes confident. if you think hes cocky, knock the guy out, lock him up, etc etc. but they cant, and if i knew i was as good as TO at what i did, hey i would be just as confident

Cocky is one thing but after making a touchdown and running back to the legendary star in the middle of the field was disrespectful to all the greats to ever wear a Cowboy uniform. I'm glad Teague knocked his ass some sense when he did.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 11:18 PM   #207
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan

I think he is cocky. BUT...he is so damn good that he can be. He is so physically talented, so strong, so fast, has such good hands, knows how to put his body in between the ball and the defender, etc etc etc. He has earned the right to be cocky. But it sucks when someone that good is cocky because he turns off some fans and they cannot enjoy his God given talents.

FFM brings up a good example of his running to the star and spiking the ball. Teague will forever be a hero BTW.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:18 PM   #208
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
FFM- yo uare interferring with a good discussion on Owens and Plax Burress. Either join us, agree to the debate (I dumbed down the topic for you so you could understand) or move on.
Well one thing is for sure. You and TO have one thing in common. You both are ignorant. I have told you once to stop disrespecting me on this board. Its easy to talk shit about a guy you will never see in person. I'd pay just to get a one second with you.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #209
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Well one thing is for sure. You and TO have one thing in common. You both are ignorant. I have told you once to stop disrespecting me on this board. Its easy to talk shit about a guy you will never see in person. I'd pay just to get a one second with you.

LOL. If you only knew. (BTW, I have yet to begun disrespecting you. You are unworthy of any respect)

But in the interest of the Owens conversation...take it to pm's.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:21 PM   #210
QCarFan
Golden Member

well, he admitted he went a little to far. but whats the big deal, all he did was went to the star. it be different if he stomped on it, or something to that affect. he just went to the star and held his hands up, i dont see anything wrong with it. i agree drbio, he has earned to the right to be cocky
Old 08-21-2003, 11:24 PM   #211
QCarFan
Golden Member

I love Jimmy Johnson so much, he is on the Best Damn talking about Shockey/Owens. He said if Shockey said some of the thing and played for him and was a backup, he would cut him. But he is too damn good, let people shut him up instead of talking about what he says. Shut him up, or you shut up. And I agree, stop TO/Shockey, or just shut up.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:26 PM   #212
Drbio
Banned

I think Shockey is in for a long season. he will be targeted. But, he is a tough guy and will be able to handle it.

Didn't TO spike the ball on the star too? I am tired and can't remember. I knew he made that pose and I remember Teague popping him.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:29 PM   #213
QCarFan
Golden Member

I think Emmitt spiked the ball or something like that, I dont remember TO doing it. But hey, I think Shockey/TO can back up their words, where as some cant. If you want them to shut up, make them shut up is the way I see it.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:36 PM   #214
Drbio
Banned

To their credit, I've never heard them whine about being hit. They talk smack and TO at elast has taken some absolutely NASTY shots and just gets up and plays.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:38 PM   #215
Drbio
Banned

As a matter fo fact, TO was just lit up last year by a Safety (one of the Bucs maybe?). It was on one of those NFL Films deals. TO was completely dazed and hobbled off the field. The NFL microphones caught him saying something like "Damn...that was a hell of a hit". About a series later, TO burned the same guy and they caught him on the sideline saying something about a nice trade. A hit for a touchdown or somesuch. I don't remember the exact words. It was funny though.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:40 PM   #216
QCarFan
Golden Member

TO is the real deal
Old 08-22-2003, 12:00 AM   #217
Drbio
Banned

Later Qcarfan. we can pick up the TO/Burress or another convo later. g'nite.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:09 AM   #218
QCarFan
Golden Member

later