Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-21-2003, 09:18 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default End of Chad

I guess that fumble should pretty much end the Chad's run with the cowboys.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:21 PM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default End of Chad

As much as I like Quincy, Chad will probably be starting around Week 5. I don't think Parcells will give Quincy a long leash, but I may be wrong.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: FINtastic
As much as I like Quincy, Chad will probably be starting around Week 5. I don't think Parcells will give Quincy a long leash, but I may be wrong.

I think you are dead on.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 09:24 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

mff- this is one of the more thoughtless posts I have ever seen you make. There is no way in hell that Hutchisuck doesn't make this team.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:32 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever

mff- this is one of the more thoughtless posts I have ever seen you make. There is no way in hell that Hutchisuck doesn't make this team.
It is a possibility that this was a thoughtless post. It probably is a result of pain I am going thru to figure out which of these QB's is better or moreso which one is less worse.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:36 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Default End of Chad

Not a stab at you. I meant without thought...not stupid. As in firing off a post without considering it. I am sure it was done in the same feeling of disgust that most of us are feeling right now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 09:41 PM   #7
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default End of Chad

This is the end of CHutch starting at the beginning of this season
Old 08-21-2003, 10:21 PM   #8
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default End of Chad

Parcell's just called me and told me Hutch will be the starter this season. He also said to tell y'all hi (except form FFM and QCar fan - he said y'all should get real...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
Old 08-21-2003, 10:25 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
Parcell's just called me and told me Hutch will be the starter this season. He also said to tell y'all hi (except form FFM and QCar fan - he said y'all should get real...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
LOL Xerxes. Goofus. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 10:32 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES

Tell Parcells I said he should stop reading this board because he is being brainwashed by some idiots on here.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm just glad the witch is dead.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:45 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: End of Chad

So you finally admit your idiocy then FFM? Excellent. Now we can move on to other things.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:50 PM   #12
Fah Q
Golden Member

Default End of Chad

Doc you are one angry man. I'm glad your not mad at me.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:52 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Not angry. I just hate when unintelligent people try to post statements factually when they have no idea what they are talking about or they have an inate inability to make coherent conclusions. I also hate when stupid people make statements based on partial information and try to pawn it off as fact. It's very frustrating.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:57 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default End of Chad

Quote:

Thats exactly it. He is a very angry man. All he has to do is ignore my posts. Thats is the way I treat his until he decides to insult me. All it takes is a simple ignore. If you noticed I replied to Xerexs post but he replies to be regardless. This board would be alot more peaceful if the guy would just ignore my posts. I've never someone so upset over a debate regarding guys who could give a damn about us lol.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 11:01 PM   #15
Fah Q
Golden Member

Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:

Thats exactly it. He is a very angry man. All he has to do is ignore my posts. Thats is the way I treat his until he decides to insult me. All it takes is a simple ignore. If you noticed I replied to Xerexs post but he replies to be regardless. This board would be alot more peaceful if the guy would just ignore my posts. I've never someone so upset over a debate regarding guys who could give a damn about us lol.
I'm not tryin to get in this fight but you seem to be throwing some insults his way as well. The use of the word idiot would probably piss me off.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:03 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Default End of Chad

I don't get pissed off when the ignorant call me an idiot. And really....I am not angry at all. Disgusted at FFM's inability to use reason, but not angry...despite his stating it over and over and over.......
Old 08-21-2003, 11:07 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Default End of Chad

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:

I'm not tryin to get in this fight but you seem to be throwing some insults his way as well. The use of the word idiot would probably piss me off.

Lol. I don't remember calling him a idiot but it had to have come after I was called ignorant, idiot, qboner, unintelligant etc. I don't just come out the blue and call someone idiot. I do rememeber calling him ignorant however.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 11:08 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

God forbid he could read his posts in this, a 17 post thread as of right now. *sheesh*
Old 08-21-2003, 11:10 PM   #19
Fah Q
Golden Member

Default End of Chad

Tell Parcells I said he should stop reading this board because he is being brainwashed by some idiots on here.

You might have said it directly, but reading yall's discussion I know who your talkin about.

That being said I think Q whatever is better for the cowboys than Chad Suckison
Old 08-21-2003, 11:13 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Default End of Chad

Quote:

You might have said it directly, but reading yall's discussion I know who your talkin about.

That being said I think Q whatever is better for the cowboys than Chad Suckison

I was replying to Xerxes. I never said BIO in that thread at all. Trust me he has deserved alot more than a little namecalling game he likes to play. HE could call me ignorant and I could call him a idiot all night long. no one benefits from it which is why when he doesn't have much to say I just ignore it in this thread. He actually has something to say in the Mavericks thread.

BTW FahQ, read to what I was replying to. It explains where that statement comes from.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 11:17 PM   #21
Fah Q
Golden Member

Default End of Chad

I understand what it was a reply to and I think you were taking a shot at doc with that statement. I could be wrong. But I'm gonna but out of yalls arguement now, so yall have fun.
Peace out.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #22
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Default End of Chad

Quote:
I understand what it was a reply to and I think you were taking a shot at doc with that statement. I could be wrong. But I'm gonna but out of yalls arguement now, so yall have fun.
Peace out.

I honestly wish I could but out of this argument. Its lasted 2 days.

1996-2005
Old 08-21-2003, 11:27 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Default End of Chad

Another quality backtrack....
Old 08-21-2003, 11:37 PM   #24
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

lol, in this thread too guys? i havent commented on it yet, and wont.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:11 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default End of Chad

QCar has no future in the NFL..hutch might not either.
but, at least we already know that QCar has no future
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 08:18 AM   #26
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
yet another completely unqualified statement. how do you know this?

jerry jones is an idiot for playing both of these guys so early in their careers.

quincy carter is now on his 5th offensive system in 5 years. sophomore season at georgia. junior season --- coach change, new system. cowboys rookie season --- ernie zampese. last season --- bruce coslet. this season --- payton and carthon. before anyone rails away on him not being able to pick up an offense, mark brunell a pro-bowl QB is going thru the same thing with a new offense in jacksonville. when you switch offenses, it makes things difficult and the reads become more complex because you aren't as quick to react to where your recievers will be.

hutch should not have played so early in his career after being out of football for so long. when JJ forced his hand and played both of them so early in their careers it retarded their progress.

in any event, from where it stands now QC has a much better future than hutch. he proved it last night against the pitt first team. meanwhile hutch was fumbling and bumbling his way thru another series. people continue to say that QC has no intelligence, but the man scored a 37 on the wonderlic test which measures IQ. to compare, aikman scored a 28. marino scored a 19. he may not be adequate in some decision making areas, but to say he's not intelligent is uninformed. he's worked on his mechanics enough to the point he's not a liability on offense throwing a 10 yard out.

mickey spagnola are you posting here as murphy3?

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:13 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default End of Chad

aexchange, you think my opinion is unqualified?
why in the world would you think that you have a qualified opinion while I don't?

qcar can't throw..that's why he has no future in the NFL.

I'm sorry that you don't agree. However, as a mod, do you think you can come up with a slightly better way of disagreeing other than saying what you said?

in no way do you have a more qualified opinion in reference to anything of significance that goes on in the NBA, NFL, or MLB
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:54 AM   #28
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default End of Chad

Quote:
aexchange, you think my opinion is unqualified?
why in the world would you think that you have a qualified opinion while I don't?

qcar can't throw..that's why he has no future in the NFL.

I'm sorry that you don't agree. However, as a mod, do you think you can come up with a slightly better way of disagreeing other than saying what you said?

in no way do you have a more qualified opinion in reference to anything of significance that goes on in the NBA, NFL, or MLB
unqualified as in you never substantiate or qualify anything on the QB debate. you just say quincy should be cut, he stinks, etc.

you have as much right to argue about the situation, but you can at least qualify it.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 12:07 PM   #29
QCarFan
Golden Member

I agree aexchange, Carter has outplayed that scrub Hutchinson each and every way but gets no credit. Hutchinson is terrible, and hopefully will be cut or put on the practice squad. It's fairly obvious he has outplayed him, why he gets no credit for it is mind boggling, especially when alot of people counted him out yet he rose to the occasion. And while Hutch had plenty of oppurtunities he did absolutely nothing, while Carter has lead this team forward in the preseason. Hutchinson sucks, no other way around it. Crow is crow
Old 08-22-2003, 03:34 PM   #30
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
Quote:
yet another completely unqualified statement. how do you know this?

jerry jones is an idiot for playing both of these guys so early in their careers.

quincy carter is now on his 5th offensive system in 5 years. sophomore season at georgia. junior season --- coach change, new system. cowboys rookie season --- ernie zampese. last season --- bruce coslet. this season --- payton and carthon. before anyone rails away on him not being able to pick up an offense, mark brunell a pro-bowl QB is going thru the same thing with a new offense in jacksonville. when you switch offenses, it makes things difficult and the reads become more complex because you aren't as quick to react to where your recievers will be.

hutch should not have played so early in his career after being out of football for so long. when JJ forced his hand and played both of them so early in their careers it retarded their progress.

in any event, from where it stands now QC has a much better future than hutch. he proved it last night against the pitt first team. meanwhile hutch was fumbling and bumbling his way thru another series. people continue to say that QC has no intelligence, but the man scored a 37 on the wonderlic test which measures IQ. to compare, aikman scored a 28. marino scored a 19. he may not be adequate in some decision making areas, but to say he's not intelligent is uninformed. he's worked on his mechanics enough to the point he's not a liability on offense throwing a 10 yard out.

mickey spagnola are you posting here as murphy3?

One of the best posts i've ever read here at D-M.com. There was nothing I could disagree with and its exactly what everyone from ESPN and Fox have been saying. I didn't know QCar got a 3 on the wonderlic test. I think another thing that can be brought up is that Carter has actually improved. Anyone remember the Quincy before he got hurt his rookie season? What was his problem? He didn't know how to throw the ball? THis guy has come along way. I Can't say if he has a future in this league or not but if this guy was to play atleast mediocre this season and atleast puts this team into a situation to score points I see no reason why he isn't the future qb of this team. No one is looking for Aikman. Vintage Aikman couldn't even throw the ball behind this o-line.

1996-2005
Old 08-22-2003, 05:05 PM   #31
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default End of Chad

Is this STILL being discussed?

Ass. It's what they both suck.

Old 08-22-2003, 06:38 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Is this STILL being discussed?

Ass. It's what they both suck.
A perfectly factual post with no speculation or supposition at all. Great job.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:41 PM   #33
QCarFan
Golden Member

Does this site have archives or somethng like it? I want to know who all was in favor of Hutch last season and try to see who is not wanting to eat crow around here and making the argument that they both suck, just to save face. That's the impression I am getting,t hat some dont want to eat crow since they were wrong about Carter/Hutch.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:30 AM   #34
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default End of Chad

I'm pretty sure that >most< folks on this site were in favor of Hutch over Carter because of how inept Carter was. I don't recall anyone saying that Hutch would be All-Pro or anything like that. Carter was just HORRIBLE last year and there wasn't any other choice.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 11:42 AM   #35
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default End of Chad

All I know is last year I fought for Carter to the death.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 02:06 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
Does this site have archives or somethng like it? I want to know who all was in favor of Hutch last season and try to see who is not wanting to eat crow around here and making the argument that they both suck, just to save face. That's the impression I am getting,t hat some dont want to eat crow since they were wrong about Carter/Hutch.
I will freely admit that last season I was pro-Hutch because Carter was so bad. Coslet was admittedly a HUGE part of that. Qspare could not pick up that system. This year, both of them have sucked. Neither one is a long term option. Qspare won the starters job fair and square by outplaying Hutch in the preseason. But, he wouldn't be a starter on any other NFL team outside of Cincy maybe. He wouldn't likely even be a #2 on most teams.

Both of our QB's suck ass. There is no saving face by stating that. it's just a fact of life.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:08 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

BTW Qsparefan....I find it ironic at least that you showed up with the username that you did only after one of our unintelligent posters was suffering. He must be a friend or there could be a second account.

Why do I think this? Other than the obvious, you made an oops in a pm to me yesterday. Your reply could have only been constructed had you either been FFM or had you recieved copies of the pm. I doubt the second one happened.

oops.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:09 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: FINtastic
All I know is last year I fought for Carter to the death.

Yes you did FINtastic. I give you credit for sticking to your guns and staying by your guy. Good job. Some recent bandwagonners will try to stand by you, but you earned the right to the pat on the back. The others are looking for the free handout. well done.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:17 PM   #39
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Default End of Chad

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
BTW Qsparefan....I find it ironic at least that you showed up with the username that you did only after one of our unintelligent posters was suffering. He must be a friend or there could be a second account.

Why do I think this? Other than the obvious, you made an oops in a pm to me yesterday. Your reply could have only been constructed had you either been FFM or had you recieved copies of the pm. I doubt the second one happened.

oops.

Check some of the gameday threads. We even posted at the same time at times. No way in hell are we the same guy. I'm not sure if its possible on this board but ask the mods for the different ip addresses. They should be different. You have a real problem Doc. I just can't imagine a doctor treating me who acts like you. Thats suicide.

1996-2005
Old 08-23-2003, 02:22 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

Just a possibility. I said it was ironic. Get a dictionary.