Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-21-2003, 10:09 PM   #1
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default Screw the QB's

Enough about the QB's, but would anyone be surprised to Hambrick's butt out on the street on final cuts? He didn't have many holes tonight but he seems to be running on his toes and not attacking holes.

I think Big Bill is in more need of a franchise back than a qb right now. Keep your eyes on that Kevin Jones kid at Va. Tech this year.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2003, 10:14 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Screw the QB's

Hambrick is a spare too. But who would play? Murrell?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:18 PM   #3
Chicago JK

Default Screw the QB's

there isn't much left in the backfield, but I think Hambrick could be in trouble. Does Parcells like R. Lee enough to keep him on the team as the third back? He looks like a practice squad player for a year, but you risk losing him if you cut him. I think A. Cason looks like the second running back. So maybe Murrell or maybe another player who is released from another team. Whoever is the running back this year.....it is a one year starter. Next year there will be a high draft pick in there.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:22 PM   #4
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default Screw the QB's

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Hambrick is a spare too. But who would play? Murrell?
Murrel looked better than Hambrick but I'll be realistic in saying that a guy that hasn't been in the league in 3 years wont get any playing time
Old 08-21-2003, 10:27 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Default Screw the QB's

The thing that drives me nuts about Hambrick is that he has such a great God given athletic talent. if he had half the heart of Bill Bates, Emmitt Smith or Mike Irvin he would be a first team all pro with his talent. Instead, he will apathetically piss away a potentially promising career because of indifference.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:35 PM   #6
Chicago JK

Default Screw the QB's

Just imagine next year if by chance Hambrick runs for 1200 yards....how out of shape he will come in then? This year after waiting for a starting job his whole life he finally gets his chance and he comes in out of shape. Plus he is quoted that he wants to safe himself for the games. Also who knows where his head will be if he has any success. He is not a bill Parcells type back. He won't be around next year....I guarantee it.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:07 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Default Screw the QB's

Think he can spare his way to 1200 yards? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I hope you are right baout this being his last year. It is rough to keep expecting him to break out and seeing him be lazy. The guy could really be special if he would only try.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:05 AM   #8
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Screw the QB's

Hambrick's a spare but he'll be on the team out of pure lack of alternatives. What kills me about this whole situation is that we all KNEW the problem was at RB & QB & we all knew this LAST FREAKING YEAR. And don't give me, we didn't realize it was THIS bad, b/c you knew that too. It IS this bad & we're stuck w/it b/c there's nothing we can do about it at this point & arrrrrrrrghhh end the pain.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:34 AM   #9
Chicago JK

Default Screw the QB's

[quote]
Originally posted by: Drbio
Think he can spare his way to 1200 yards? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yep, I mispoke about 1200 yards....How about 900 yards?

Old 08-22-2003, 06:45 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: Screw the QB's

I hope he doesn't. Our QB's suck, our RB's suck, our line sucks. It all adds up to a high draft pick.