Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-07-2023, 09:00 AM   #2081
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

19 days to camp
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2023, 08:43 AM   #2082
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
18 days to camp
Old 09-08-2023, 09:30 AM   #2083
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Luka getting double-T'd up and tossed doesn't bode well for my anticipation of him maturing in that aspect this season. I'm getting that the officiating wasn't great, but good god man show some awareness in the moment and understand you simply can't get the boot in an elimination game, regardless of where the game is at.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:36 AM   #2084
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Luka getting double-T'd up and tossed doesn't bode well for my anticipation of him maturing in that aspect this season. I'm getting that the officiating wasn't great, but good god man show some awareness in the moment and understand you simply can't get the boot in an elimination game, regardless of where the game is at.
I'm more concerned with his efficiency. A superstar can't shoot 30% from three and 65% from the FT line consistently.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:45 AM   #2085
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Luka needs to grow up on the court...no question.

My issue is that Luka is the only chance Slovenia has and if the Refs screw him, then there is no reason to show up and play. Which would be fine by me as Luka is just wearing himself down needlessly which will affect his regular season.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:09 PM   #2086
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Luka needs to grow up on the court...no question.

My issue is that Luka is the only chance Slovenia has and if the Refs screw him, then there is no reason to show up and play. Which would be fine by me as Luka is just wearing himself down needlessly which will affect his regular season.
The play he got tossed on was essentially a no call/maybe there was contact if at all. And he flips out. The refs werent screwing him at all
Old 09-09-2023, 06:25 PM   #2087
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm more concerned with his efficiency. A superstar can't shoot 30% from three and 65% from the FT line consistently.
Watch him. All while playing barely passable defense.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 12:46 AM   #2088
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I personally couldn't give less of a crap about Luka getting tossed in a FIBA game. If it happens in an NBA game for the Mavericks, I'll be pissed. But I'm a Mavericks fan, not a team Slovenia fan.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 01:00 PM   #2089
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I personally couldn't give less of a crap about Luka getting tossed in a FIBA game. If it happens in an NBA game for the Mavericks, I'll be pissed. But I'm a Mavericks fan, not a team Slovenia fan.
He has been on a razors edge for a few years. Last 2 seasons he has pushed the limit on techs or gone beyond. It's not the crime of the century but it's annoying that he can't reel it in. Mavs in general have had rwf issues and nothing has changed.

He needs to focus on defense, free throws and fitness and worry less about the rest.

Old 09-10-2023, 01:06 PM   #2090
SMC0007
Guru

I'm not seeing or buying the "Luka fit this year" hype. He might have tightened up a bit, but I still don't think he gets it. I guess he needs more proof of the benefits.

If this inept coaching staff doesn't take him off ball by quite a bit and put his big ass on the block and run plays out of that, we are chocolate fucked. I would not allow him to iso in late game situations up top. I'd let Kyrie do it and run plays to try and get a mismatch for Luka on the block. I'm 100% fine with him having the ball in his hands with the game on the line, but it has to be by him working much closer to the bucket.

Old 09-10-2023, 02:09 PM   #2091
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
16 days to camp
Old 09-11-2023, 11:52 AM   #2092
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
15 days to camp

Tomorrow will be two weeks
Old 09-11-2023, 12:41 PM   #2093
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'm not seeing or buying the "Luka fit this year" hype. He might have tightened up a bit, but I still don't think he gets it. I guess he needs more proof of the benefits.

If this inept coaching staff doesn't take him off ball by quite a bit and put his big ass on the block and run plays out of that, we are chocolate fucked. I would not allow him to iso in late game situations up top. I'd let Kyrie do it and run plays to try and get a mismatch for Luka on the block. I'm 100% fine with him having the ball in his hands with the game on the line, but it has to be by him working much closer to the bucket.
Luka can do it all. I hope he works on his 3 point and FT shooting. He can obviously shoot the ball but if he can get his numbers to 50/40/90 that would be Awesome. Maybe his usage/volume is to high for that but a nice number as a goal. I expect his 3 point shooting is lower because he takes some questionable step backs. With KI on the team imagine running a few screens to where Luka could get open catch and shoot 3s. You don't take the ball out his hands in iso 100% of the time even late in games. You mix it up and use all his skills.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:14 PM   #2094
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:

Sounds like you want him to run at SF some this year
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 11:12 AM   #2095
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

two weeks to camp

DM.com needs SOMETHING to talk about. Camp should help.
Old 09-12-2023, 12:47 PM   #2096
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
Sounds like you want him to run at SF some this year
It doesn't matter the position to me. The play should involve trying to get any smaller guy on him to abuse closer to the basket. Especially if they're going to ride him like a rented mule all season like always. He takes too many step backs and it's probably because he's wore out in the last 2 or 3 mins of the game.

Old 09-12-2023, 12:54 PM   #2097
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
Luka can do it all. I hope he works on his 3 point and FT shooting. He can obviously shoot the ball but if he can get his numbers to 50/40/90 that would be Awesome. Maybe his usage/volume is to high for that but a nice number as a goal. I expect his 3 point shooting is lower because he takes some questionable step backs. With KI on the team imagine running a few screens to where Luka could get open catch and shoot 3s. You don't take the ball out his hands in iso 100% of the time even late in games. You mix it up and use all his skills.
Hell never sniff 50/40/90. It's just who he is. Dirk was a different kind of machine, and had Holger. Luka really doesn't need that stat line either IMO. But yes, it woukd be great.

No one wants the ball out if Lukas hands 100% of the time, except opposing teams. I want them to mix it up and 9/10, I'd rather his ISO not be way up at the top where he can just launch a hero 3. I wouldn't even want Dirk doing that too often and he's a way better perimeter shooter and made a career off mid range, fadeaways and 3pt shots.

Old 09-12-2023, 10:34 PM   #2098
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
It doesn't matter the position to me. The play should involve trying to get any smaller guy on him to abuse closer to the basket. Especially if they're going to ride him like a rented mule all season like always. He takes too many step backs and it's probably because he's wore out in the last 2 or 3 mins of the game.
Eh - just get him in the post - honeybadger don't give a $hit who's guarding him there.
Steph? Bridges? Kawhi? Butler? Simmons? Jokic? Ayton?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8gq2t-A6GU

Do other teams care enough to double team him or do they just let him go to work and abuse whoever down low?
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 07:56 AM   #2099
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Eh - just get him in the post - honeybadger don't give a $hit who's guarding him there.
Steph? Bridges? Kawhi? Butler? Simmons? Jokic? Ayton?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8gq2t-A6GU

Do other teams care enough to double team him or do they just let him go to work and abuse whoever down low?
We don't do it enough for teams to find it worth game plan for it, is my guess. Unfortunately. It wouldn't really matter, he sees everything.

Old 09-13-2023, 11:52 AM   #2100
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
13 days to camp

Nothing matters at all if we win. and win a lot this year.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:13 PM   #2101
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
13 days to camp

Nothing matters at all if we win. and win a lot this year.
Im ready for more asinine quotes from Kidd.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:20 PM   #2102
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

The NBA is so stupid. Love the new law that teams can't rest 2 stars. lol.

So if the Mavs rest KI and Luka plays 5 minutes then is done for the night doesn't that just beat the system. Does dressing out for the game and not playing constitute rest?
Old 09-13-2023, 01:34 PM   #2103
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So if the Mavs rest KI and Luka plays 5 minutes then is done for the night doesn't that just beat the system. Does dressing out for the game and not playing constitute rest?
Well a team can still list any player for injuries right?

You just can't have an idiotic coach come out and say the player isn't actually injured...

Old 09-13-2023, 02:58 PM   #2104
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:

this is in no way stupid. Kidd is the stupid one opening his mouth at the end of the season
Old 09-13-2023, 03:04 PM   #2105
sig

lol. So when Pop attacked the back to backs years ago and sent his players home for Nationally Televised games in the 2nd game of the b to b, it was pure genius. So many ways to get around this. Just another dumb rule.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:08 PM   #2106
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Im ready for more asinine quotes from Kidd.
The asinine rotations and playcalling trumps the quotes imo.

Old 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM   #2107
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

And this is why Capela didn't happen...

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/s...77352086307326

Old 09-13-2023, 06:30 PM   #2108
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Rockets looking to give a team a FRP to take KPJ
Old 09-13-2023, 07:11 PM   #2109
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Can't the Rockets void the contract if the league rules against him? Feel like he is in obvious breach of contract.

Old 09-13-2023, 07:52 PM   #2110
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
lol. So when Pop attacked the back to backs years ago and sent his players home for Nationally Televised games in the 2nd game of the b to b, it was pure genius. So many ways to get around this. Just another dumb rule.
theres always ways around rules, i mean what do you want here, the players to play or not
Old 09-13-2023, 09:36 PM   #2111
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
And this is why Capela didn't happen...

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/s...77352086307326
Kobe Bufkin? seriously?
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:50 PM   #2112
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Can't the Rockets void the contract if the league rules against him? Feel like he is in obvious breach of contract.
NBA PA have fought hard to make it impossible. The NBA will be lucky to give him a 40 game suspension which will cost him a half of a seasons pay.

Hornets got lucky with Bridges because he did that dumb ?%^? right before signing a contract. If he did it after, he would have gotten paid 90% of his deal.

KPJ is owed this year and partially guaranteed (8mill?) next year. He will collect at least 2/3 of that.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-14-2023 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-15-2023, 04:21 PM   #2113
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Oops! Missed a day. 11 days to camp

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-15-2023 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2023, 06:27 PM   #2114
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

9 Days to camp?
Old 09-18-2023, 10:12 AM   #2115
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
9 Days to camp?

Old 09-19-2023, 07:43 AM   #2116
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: After signing JaVale McGee to a free agent deal, the Sacramento Kings are waiving centers Nerlens Noel and Neemias Queta to give them a chance to play elsewhere. Both signed partially guaranteed one-year deals with Kings this summer. 7 days ago ? via Twitter wojespn
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 08:20 AM   #2117
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

One week to camp
Old 09-19-2023, 10:43 AM   #2118
Heezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: After signing JaVale McGee to a free agent deal, the Sacramento Kings are waiving centers Nerlens Noel and Neemias Queta to give them a chance to play elsewhere. Both signed partially guaranteed one-year deals with Kings this summer. 7 days ago ? via Twitter wojespn
Noel is washed.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:46 AM   #2119
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Noel is washed.
In 2017-2018 Mavs offered him 4 years/70 million

In those prime four years of his career he earned 17.5mil

now he's a non-guaranteed waive who will only make 300k unless another team decides to pay him.

How the mighty have fallen.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-19-2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:22 PM   #2120
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In 2017-2018 Mavs offered him 4 years/70 million

In those prime four years of his career he earned 17.5mil

now he's a non-guaranteed waive who will only make 300k unless another team decides to pay him.

How the mighty have fallen.
Mavs dodged a bullet with that contract. I haven?t really watched him since he left, but is he that bad now?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote