Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-15-2002, 10:14 PM   #1
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

The team looked way different this week. Carter smoth and the defense super...

Still no play off team IMO, but they will be competitive. 8-8 guys?
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2002, 07:08 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

is "smoth" french for suck?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 08:24 AM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quincy bought himself another 4 or 5 weeks of Hutchinson-inoculation...
Old 09-16-2002, 09:07 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

agreed Evilmav2....
Old 09-16-2002, 12:32 PM   #5
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Have you seen Hutchinson play?
If he is the QB for the future, then I hope the Cowboys wait until at least next year to play him. He is not ready and you'd take a risk at killing his confidence. Remember Dallas and their fans aren't usually patient . If he came in and sucked , many would say HE SUCKS and want someone else.
Patience. One of these two QB's should develop into a decent QB. Carter has all the leadership abilities and physical abilities, he just needs time on the field.
Hutch has the ARM and accuarcy, but needs a lot of time in the film room to learn the NFL.
Old 09-16-2002, 03:46 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think if Hutchinson would have sucked people would have said give him time rather than say he sucked. I think the reason is because of Hutchinsons history and being possibly a 1st rounder. People have all the negatives abotu Quincy and not the positives. And I agree it would not only kill Hutchinsons confidence but he might get killed out there with the lineman we have. Anyone see the Texans game? Carr got his ass lit up.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 03:50 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

If Hutch plays and he stinks it up, I promise you I will be one of the guys saying he sucks. I still think Carter sucks even after a decent game. I guess it is how we all define the word "suck".
Old 09-16-2002, 05:17 PM   #8
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Hutchinson my not be as good right now- but he will be a better QB than Carter is or carter will ever be...jmho
Old 09-16-2002, 05:19 PM   #9
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Cowboys go 9-7 or better and go in to the playoffs. Chad will be a backup for us until his contract expires because quincy is going to keep the starting job.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 06:47 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

that's a stretch.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:04 PM   #11
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

<< that's a stretch. >>

We'll see! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2002, 07:09 PM   #12
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I hope you're right #1Mavs, that'd be sweeeeeeeeet!
Old 09-16-2002, 10:58 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

For some reason I have Cowboys winning next week. It all falls on Quincy and the running game and I guess the OL becuase the only way the running game is good is if the OL is. Defense is gonna do its job so I have no worrys about that.

1996-2005
Old 09-16-2002, 11:03 PM   #14
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

I think the cowboys win the next game too even though the eagles destroyed the Redskins.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:08 PM   #15
Just211
Platinum Member

I just hope they win at least one of the next two. After that they could possibly win 5 in a row.
I would love to see them beat Philly. Philly has destroyed Dallas last couple of years, and it would be nice to turn it around.
Also if they somehow managed to win the next two games, then Quincy would be the Man w/o a doubt
Old 09-16-2002, 11:12 PM   #16
Just211
Platinum Member

Philly won tonight, so I'd like to point something out
technically , Dallas is winning the division
Alright. it's a four way tie, but C'MON
Old 09-17-2002, 05:41 AM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I was actually rooting for the skins last night... I would rather see the Eagles in an 0-2 pit than worry about a weaker Washington leading the division...
Old 09-17-2002, 09:14 PM   #18
Just211
Platinum Member

I agree evil, I'd like to see Philly lose as much as possible, I think Dallas can handle the Skins, but the Eagles look unstoppable at times. Hopefully not this Sunday though
Old 09-17-2002, 10:00 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Philly is going to maul Dallas. Damn.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:06 PM   #20
Just211
Platinum Member

It'll be real interesting to see how the O-Line handles the blitz. They've struggled against Philly in the past, and couldn't handle Houston's blitzing. I hope they can give Carter at least a enough time to run like hell. I'd hate to see him get killed like Aikman used to.

Also I hope Dallas' D performs better than Philly's. They got the hype, now they have the chance to show up and win this game.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:10 PM   #21
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

I think its up to the ol if dallas wins. If they give qc enough time they win.
Old 09-19-2002, 01:03 PM   #22
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

I see it like this: Q can move and run, which makes him a little more mobile than Hutch.
However Hutch has a cannon of an arm (and he can throw a spiral) and Q is only an average arm.

So, by that rationale a thrown ball moves much faster than a carried one.....

In this new age of the mobile NFL Quarterback lets not lose sight of the fact that accurate passing is what wins championships i.e. Bradshaw,Staubach,Montana,Elway,Young,Aikman,Warne r....

When McNabb, Culpepper, Vick etc.. win a Superbowl then I might be convinced otherwise.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:49 PM   #23
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Lol Rod all of those guys u named are retired and well look how good Warner and the Rams are doin now. I think its a new age and some would argue that Mcnabb couldve had him a championship last season. Ur right tho no history of mobile qbs have won championships but thats jsut liek sayin that the Mavs will never win a championship because they have no inside game. I gotta disagree tho we have never seen Hutchinson play so all we can say is what we have hurd from the paper or tv so I cant say what kind of arm Chad has.

Also 1 more thing that whole makin a spiral thing is overrated. I hurd someone on the ticket Friday asked people to watch how many spirals will be thrown in a NFL game. I watched McNabb and he is right there with Quincy. Watch Warner and other NFL qbs atleast for a quarter and uw ill see that they dont throw spirals on every throw which u guys domain from Carter.

1996-2005
Old 09-19-2002, 04:00 PM   #24
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

brady is a mobile quarterback. hes just not black.

elway and young were classic mobile quarterbacks. they both won championships. mobile quarterbacks have won championships in the league.

carter has a canon for an arm and throws an extremely nice deep ball. in camp he once threw the ball 76 yards. thats a gun. granted, sometimes the ball looks like a wounded bird coming out of there, but he does have arm strength.

hutchinson was a nothing at stanford. he has all the prototypical attributes you would want in a QB but absolutely no results on any level. and he looked beyond pathetic in the preseason. no thanks, i'll stick with QC.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 04:56 PM   #25
Just211
Platinum Member

I'm with AEX and FFM. CArter does have an arm, and can throw deep nicely. He has struggled with his short game, but that can be solved with pracrice and reputitions. Hutch has the arm, but has shown little else. He needs a lot of time. He looked completely lost in the preseason( IMO, worse than Q looked at all last year).

CArter has the arm, mobility, POISE, and given time he will develop a good short game. I think he will be just as good as McNabb (who struggled early on as well, and occasionally still does).

You have to remember this is a new system, and it takes time to develop timing and a relationship with recievers.