Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-20-2002, 07:32 PM   #1
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

First off I would like to ask the mods only one comes to mind which is Rylan could u guys please just every once in a while take a look in this thread just to make sure everything is calm here and just ignorant comments? Anyway I am listening to 1310 the ticket right now and im listening to this talk about QC. Dale is making up great points but callers who arent for Carter are also making I guess argument.

This is my stand on QC which I think abotu 40-50% of the people on this board feel the same way. I think as of right now he isn't ready to take us to the Super Bowl which Cowboys fans want but what qb is ready to play in the NFL after 15 games? Sure some will say thats an excuse but heres my question and its why do we give guys like Breez or Harrington props and time to develop but when Quincy comes in his 15th game we want to bash him say he sucks and not give him a chance. Dale brought up a good point which was ATL gave up Favre to GB.

Im not saying Carter will be Favre because there will never be a Favre. But all I am saying is QC deserves a chance and today I have had it listening to a handful of fans who like to bash QC for making young qb mistakes.

ANother thing I thought to look into was the racial argument. Because QC is black you have some fans who are white who don't want him here and you have some who are black who want to give him a chance. ME being black I can understand of the party of the ones who want to see him suceed. Last season I didn't want him hear after Emmitt said he wanted Wright to start. 10 games later I want to see the guy succeed. I want to see him get a fair chance at being what Brooks is right now who I feel he plays alot like or Mcnabb or maybe a Garcia. Its okay to compare him to someone who isnt the same race to him which IThink people stay away from. I am by no means caling anyone a racist because they arent in favor of him and ready to see Hutch but I just wanted to get a real convo going on here rather then having people look like apologist and racists.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2002, 07:36 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Quincy Crapper just plain sucks. What a pathetic effort today. >>

THis is what I referred to that I didn't want to see in this thread. Though it wasn't made here just an example.

1 reason why the race thing comes up is comments like these:

<< What a great end for the buffoon bowl... That game makes my short-list of &quot;Worst Games I have ever had the Displeasure of Watching&quot;....

The Future and the Horrible, Horrible Present...
>>

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 07:40 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

You are an idiot if you think those comments reflect on race in any way. You are so off base it isn't even funny. In those same threads there were comments made about Roy Williams, Antonio Bryant and many other black players that lavished praise on them. Did you just conveniently overlook those posts because your love for Carter is so strong that you reach for the race card when he sucks ass? Carter sucks as a quarterback and will NEVER...I repeat Never be a meaningful contributor on the Cowboys franchise. I don't care if he is black, white, or green with purple stripes. His talent level is just not there. Do some F'in research before you post your racist bullshit allegations here.

Your commentary is worthless.

Edit for type-o
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 07:45 PM   #4
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

i said it before..ill say it again..he SUCKS BIG TIME...
Old 10-20-2002, 07:46 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< You are a f*cking idiot if you think those comments reflect on race in any way. You are so off base it isn't even funny. In those same threads there were comments made about Roy Williams, Antonio Bryant and many other black players that lavished praise on them. Did you just conveniently overlook those posts because your love for Carter is so strong that you reach for the race card? Carter sucks as a quarterback and will NEVER...I repeat Never be a meaningful contributor on the Cowboys franchise. I don't care if he is black, white, or green with purple stripes. His talent level is just not there. Do some f*cking research before you post your racist bullshit allegations here.

Your commentary is worthless.
>>

Again your cursing at me but I am gonna respect others and not reply to what I had in my head when I read this. I repeatedly said I am not calling people racist on this board because I know someone will reply and call me a idiot. This thread istn abotu Williams or Bryant or any other black players other than Quincy. When Bob Sturm or Dale bring up the race issue no one takes offense but when I do I get a reply like this? I never called you or anyone a racist but believe it or not there are some fans out there like that. This is why I made this thread to see how everyone else felt you can call me a apologist all you want I could careless I know what I am and thas all that matter. I was bascially saying that alot of the black community are in support of Quincy and there are even some that arent. If anyone thinks I wa scalling them a racist I apologise I was just trying to bring something up that the Ticket was reporting.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 07:48 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

your post was unclear then....we can start over.

There is no room in this for a race discussion IMO. Fans don't care what Carters color is....he is NOT performing and thats why he gets ripped here. He sucked all game long today and that is a fact. He has not been much better (by todays standard) all year. And that is a crap standard to compare to. Dear Lord.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:49 PM   #7
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

I have to admit that Carter sucks as a quarterback right now. Brooks was a whole lot better with his team at this point in his career. No one is against him because he is black. Jerry Rice is black. Emmitt Smith is black, Michael Irvin was black. There is no need for someone to scream racism everytime someone bashes a person who is black. This racism thing has gotten a little out of hand on this board. It is everyones right to have their opinions about him as long as they arent saying racist remarks. He definitely isnt a very good quarterback right now. If he was, the cowboys would have won today. He threw 2 interceptions in the endzone today. Im not being racist by saying he sucked today either.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 07:56 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< I have to admit that Carter sucks as a quarterback right now. Brooks was a whole lot better with his team at this point in his career. No one is against him because he is black. Jerry Rice is black. Emmitt Smith is black, Michael Irvin was black. There is no need for someone to scream racism everytime someone bashes a person who is black. This racism thing has gotten a little out of hand on this board. It is everyones right to have their opinions about him as long as they arent saying racist remarks. He definitely isnt a very good quarterback right now. If he was, the cowboys would have won today. He threw 2 interceptions in the endzone today. Im not being racist by saying he sucked today either. >>

DallMav, It was my fault of bringing up the racial point I will admit but I said it to get everyones attention and be more clear of why they think QC sucks because I am as sick of hearin qC sucks as you are of hearing the race issue. I am not screaming out racism I just wanted to bring up the same argument that Dale Hansen who I am sure alot of you know brought up. I didnt think it was a big deal but I apologize I meant no harm and wasnt calling anyone a racist. I was just saying that when a person just says QC sucks which happens on talk radio all the time people bring that arguement up.

BIO, I understand and agree with your post. Like I said before bringing up the word race gets people attention more and I dont get called a apologist as much. Bio, I am clear that you dont like Carter but it isnt becuase he is black. I see u give plenty of black players props not only in this forum but the NBA and Mavericks forum. But I was just really trying to get the attention of fans who put more into there posts who just dont say QC sucks and leave and I have gotten that form both of you guys and I appreciate it.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 07:59 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< i said it before..ill say it again..he SUCKS BIG TIME... >>

Now see this is what I am talking about that frustrates me. He comes in I see he is a senior member and all but comes in and gives a lil negative comment and leaves which he can do I am nobody to tell him that he cant post want he wants to on a board but do you guys kind of see why people would bring up the race issue? Im not calling ayone on this board a racist matter of fact I believe no one is to much knowledge on here is a racist and I do not want to bring it up if people feel uncomfortable with it but it was a argument I thought a fan could make basically because the Ticket brings it up. Matter of fact a on the post game show called in and pretty much blast Dale and the others for bringing the race issue up which is understandable.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 08:14 PM   #10
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Frankly- I dont give a SHIT what color the Man is- he cant PLAY QB in the NFL..ok- he is now, but doing a shitty job. If the man was white- Id be typing the same freaking message...BLACK OR WHITE- QUINCY SUCKS SHIT.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:36 PM   #11
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

FilthyFin, I see your point but I don't really agree with it. Look at the players like Michael Vick. He is getting tons of love and tons of support. However, I am sure there are a few people against Quincy because he is black. There are rascists in this world. Now these rascist Quincy haters are probably very few, and I doubt there are any on this board. I think the main reason Quincy is so hated in this town is because Jerry went out on a limb and took a player that many felt should have gone 2 rounds later. I think the reason people don't like Quincy is because he is Jerry's pick, and if Quincy did succeed, *shock* Jerry would be right. These people have been Jerry bashers, and if Quincy did succeed, they would have to take back their words or eat crow. Then there was the whole deal with Quincy coming in as a rookie with really bad mechanics.

I agree Filthy Fin that Quincy never has really gotten a chance. He was getting ripped after his good games even. So when I came here today, I knew that people would absolutely murder him. Oh well, those are the thoughts of one of the few Caucasian Q-Car fans.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 08:58 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

What a great end for the buffoon bowl... That game makes my short-list of &quot;Worst Games I have ever had the Displeasure of Watching&quot;....

The Future and the Horrible, Horrible Present... Evilmav2

FilthyFinMavs

Exactly how do you construe anything I said as being racially motivated FFM? I find your comment and citation of my innocent post to be foolish and way, way off-base. I didn't say one damned thing that was racially motivated, and I don't appreciate you making thinly veiled inferences that I did. If you think that my posting a semi-humorous post referring a soon to be very real quarterback controversy between the #1 and #2 Cowboys quarterbacks constitutes racism then you are horribly misguided. And if you feel the need to imagine racially motivated BS where none exists please leave me out of your fantasy world.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:03 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< What a great end for the buffoon bowl... That game makes my short-list of &quot;Worst Games I have ever had the Displeasure of Watching&quot;....

The Future and the Horrible, Horrible Present... Evilmav2

FilthyFinMavs

Exactly how do you construe anything I said as being racially motivated FFM? I find your comment and citation of my innocent post to be foolish and way, way off-base. I didn't say one damned thing that was racially motivated, and I don't appreciate you making thinly veiled inferences that I did. If you think that my posting a semi-humorous post referring a soon to be very real quarterback controversy between the #1 and #2 Cowboys quarterbacks constitutes racism then you are horribly misguided. And if you feel the need to imagine racially motivated BS where none exists please leave me out of your fantasy world.
>>

Lol I did not call you a racist or your post. Its just that when you basically said that Hutchinson the future and Quincy the horrible present thats why people think its a race thing becuase of things like that. I was not calling you a racist and have said repeatedly I dont think no one on this site is a racist. I dotn watn yo guys to think because Quincy is black he is the future I just want the guy to get equal opprutinuty because no one on this board can honestly say Quincy will not be a good qb because the so called experts who say that are the same ones who doubted Brady.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 09:14 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Fintastic- I guess I am in the minority (not a racist reference) here since I like Jerry Jones but think Quincy sucks. I have provided numerous posts with stats and supporting info on Quincy level of suckdom, so please forgive me for not providing that info here. But I like Jerry fine.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:17 PM   #15
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Well, drbio, you probably are in the minority. But I really think the hating of Quincy has to do with the fact that he is one of Jerry's picks.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-20-2002, 09:18 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Fintastic- I guess I am in the minority (not a racist reference) here since I like Jerry Jones but think Quincy sucks. I have provided numerous posts with stats and supporting info on Quincy level of suckdom, so please forgive me for not providing that info here. But I like Jerry fine. >>

I know you have but you didnt provide that his stats are better than Mcnabbs at this time. You didnt provide it was better than Aikmans at this time either. I actually like Quincy but not JJ. Bring in a GM I would love tha guy but he is a owner not a GM. Just for that same reason is why we will have to settle for coaches who no one wants. We will never have a good coach till we get a GM in here there is no reason why the Redskins can bring in Spuerrir and all we can do is bring in a coach who no one wants.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 09:19 PM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't feel like I should have to defend myself to anyone, but I really don't give half a rat's *ss about the color of the Cowboy's quarterback. I would rather have my fellow IU alumnus Antwaan Randle-El sitting at the number 2 spot than Hutchinson. Hell, I used to buy Randle-El drinks in Bloomington. I just don't like watching games featuring 4 interception efforts by the starting quarterback and that end regulation time in a 6-6 tie...

I actually understand and partially agree with much of the point that you were trying to make earlier in this thread, but I really do not appreciate my innocent post being held up as some kind of example of non-existent racial discourse on Dallas-Mavs... If you feel that you hear something offensive on the ticket feel free to call the station. Or write to the Dallas Morning News. But please don't drag folks who have nothing to do with that into the mess...
Old 10-20-2002, 09:20 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Well, drbio, you probably are in the minority. But I really think the hating of Quincy has to do with the fact that he is one of Jerry's picks. >>

I agree I believe it is also. The race thing was something Ticket brought up and I wanted to see what u guys thought of it. But people want JJ to fail so we can bring in a GM in here. If Quincy ends up bein good then like you said they would be giving JJ his props which is the last thing a JJ hater wants to do. I think this is also why people get upset when Quincy actually plays well because thats just another step closer to giving JJ his props.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 09:21 PM   #19
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I actually laughed at evilmav's post, and I really didn't find anything too rascist about it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-20-2002, 09:23 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< I don't feel like I should have to defend myself to anyone, but I really don't give half a rat's *ss about the color of the Cowboy's quarterback. I would rather have my fellow IU alumnus Antwaan Randle-El sitting at the number 2 spot than Hutchinson. Hell, I used to buy Randle-El drinks in Bloomington. I just don't like watching games featuring 4 interception efforts by the starting quarterback and that end regulation time in a 6-6 tie...

I actually understand and partially agree with much of the point that you were trying to make earlier in this thread, but I really do not appreciate my innocent post being held up as some kind of example of non-existent racial discourse on Dallas-Mavs... If you feel that you hear something offensive on the ticket feel free to call the station. Or write to the Dallas Morning News. But please don't drag folks who have nothing to do with that into the mess...
>>

I think you are getting it wrong. First off I took no offense to the Ticket. Second of all I was not pointing you out to anyone thats why I did not post you rname by the picture or anything. I simply said that is why people try and bring up the race argument. I wasnt calling you a racist. IF you want this argument doesent have to even be about race. My argument was why isnt Qunicy given the chance like a young qb should. You could bring up that because he is a Dallas qb which we are use to outstanding qbs. You could bring out that this is Jerry's pick. The list goes on.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 09:28 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< I actually laughed at evilmav's post, and I really didn't find anything too rascist about it. >>

Well I dont want to be a racist or bring anything to that on this board but I am speaking from a black mans perspective. And I was saying a black person would probaly see some kinda offense to it or bring up the racial argument. I hope what I just said didnt soudn racial because I didnt intend to it but right now I dont feel I should hold anything back on what I feel like saying. I have said repeatedly I dont feel no one is racist just because they dont like Quincy or anyone on this board for that matter. I was just bringing up a argument that Dale Hansen and others on the Ticket bring up all the time. No one seems to have a problem with them doing it thats why I didnt feel no one would here.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 09:28 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Evil- great post.

FFM- leave the Ticket crap to the ticket. There was no reason to post anyones posts from here that obviously had no racial overtones into that discussion. When you did that, you labelled the post racial in nature even though you now acknowledge they are not. Maybe you could have started a thread on the Ticket talking about racial issues. Many of us would have posted to be sure. It is a perception thing. I think you can understand that right?

Fintastic- I think your point is a good one. There are just a variety of fan combinations out there. Quincy is on the hot seat due to his performance though...nothing else IMO.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:47 PM   #23
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

FFM: I have to agree with you to some degree. I think (though not on this board) a lot of Cowboys fans are critical of Quincy because of race.

One cannot discount opinions thrown around on the Ticket, because it is the highest rated sorts station in the Dallas area. Clearly a lot of hardcore Cowboys fans listen to it.

You want an example of caller racism on the Ticket. Just look at the number of call asking for Stoener last year. RIDICULOUS.

Now do I think cARTER is the next quarterback of the future, probably not, but it is the best we got right now.

DALE HANSON IS CORRECT, RACISM IS ABUNDANT IN DALLAS SPORTS, PARTICULARLY IF A BLACK MAN TAKES OVER A TRADITIONALLY WHITE POSITION.

THIS IS NOT AN INDICTMENT UPON ANYBODY ON THIS SITE AT ALL, JUST MY OPINION OF THE UNDEREDUCATED DALLAS SPORTING COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 09:54 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< FFM: I have to agree with you to some degree. I think (though not on this board) a lot of Cowboys fans are critical of Quincy because of race.

One cannot discount opinions thrown around on the Ticket, because it is the highest rated sorts station in the Dallas area. Clearly a lot of hardcore Cowboys fans listen to it.

You want an example of caller racism on the Ticket. Just look at the number of call asking for Stoener last year. RIDICULOUS.

Now do I think cARTER is the next quarterback of the future, probably not, but it is the best we got right now.

DALE HANSON IS CORRECT, RACISM IS ABUNDANT IN DALLAS SPORTS, PARTICULARLY IF A BLACK MAN TAKES OVER A TRADITIONALLY WHITE POSITION.

THIS IS NOT AN INDICTMENT UPON ANYBODY ON THIS SITE AT ALL, JUST MY OPINION OF THE UNDEREDUCATED DALLAS SPORTING COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE.
>>

OMG thanks man I really needed someone to back me up here. I was waiting for someone to atleast see the way I saw the situation.

<< FFM- leave the Ticket crap to the ticket. There was no reason to post anyones posts from here that obviously had no racial overtones into that discussion. When you did that, you labelled the post racial in nature even though you now acknowledge they are not. >>

I was giving an example which I even stated in the post. I dont see how I labeled it racial at all I was stating that from a black persons perspective they would see it that way thats all I was saying I wasnt calling the guy a racist. And BTW how did I no he didnt have a racial overtone on the discussion? Im not calling you a racist Evilmav but I am just saying I am a new guy to the board how would I know that? Nothing agianst you Evilmav I know you werent making a racial comment but I just was pointing out that just because you guys dont see it as a racial comment doesnt meant everyone else does you just cant assume that. Anyway thanks Grbh for shedding some light tothis situation.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 10:08 PM   #25
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Playing the race card with regard to Quincy Carter and why people dislike him is SUCH a beating. Why do a few of you insist on subjecting us to it?

Are there Cowboys fans out there who will never be happy with a black quarterback? Absolutely. But they are a distinct minority. And I think it's pointless to discuss that on this board, because the members of this board don't dislike Quincy because of his skin color, they dislike him because he's a terrible football player.

To say that Quincy would be considered a better player or to have more potential if he were a white player is just plain silly. He has shown NO long-term potential, and that's not something that would change if he were white.

I don't think Quincy is good at any aspect of the quarterbacking position. He was supposed to be a &quot;mobile quarterback,&quot; but his scrambling abilities are pathetic. He can't throw the short pass, intermediate pass, or the long ball well, and his decision-making is terrible.

Could he improve? Sure. Into a nice backup. That's the best we can ever hope the guy will be.

Old 10-20-2002, 10:10 PM   #26
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

No problem, FFM. I don't think you meant any harm, but any talk involving the &quot;R&quot; word is very, very flammable...

Again, I partially agree with you that talk of Carter and Hutchinson and Stoerner can have strong racial undertones- but I don't think most real fans subscribe to that kind of garbage. I really don't think the majority of Cowboys fans care about anything but his production. I would be thrilled if Carter had some big games. By the same token, I am less than thrilled when he assumes the starring role in horror shows like today's game...
Old 10-20-2002, 10:14 PM   #27
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

MY god. FOR THE LAST TIME I HAVE CALLED NO ONE ON THIS SITE A RACIST!!!!!!!

I am no longer repeating myself whoever sees it the wrong way thats there fault. You believe Quincy can develop into a back up which is fine. You bring up no stats but just opinions which is also fine. I think he will be a good qb. I dont bring up any stats I just listen to what a couple of people say about him. If he sucked why would Wade Wilson be trying to develop him into a good qb? What do you mean his scrambling is horrible thast one thing he does well. You cant expect for him to outbeat a Cornerback. Either you are blind or you just watched todays game to judge Quincy.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 10:18 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

We have provided stats and supporting info all year long. He sucks consistently. (I know you meant this for some of the others). But, I watched the games and I think he blows chunks.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:18 PM   #29
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i think when the racism issue gets brought up people conveniently forget the number of people who wanted randal cunningham to take over the QB spot from troy.

i think you can blame a lot of the quincy criticism on the public for a variety of reasons: impatience, not being a smart fan, etc. but in all honesty, i dont see the majority of the racism being simply because he was black. QC came here on an extremely short leash b/c of the criticism JJ took for drafting him in the 2nd round. IMO, if QC was drafted in the 5th round, i dont think you hear NEARLY the amount of criticism you hear now.

but that aside, QC stunk it up horribly today, and he stunk it up horribly last week as well. he needs to prove that he can pass the ball down the field and not lock in on his recievers. in addition, i think you not only indict the loss on QC today, but Coslet deserves a huge portion of the blame as well. some of his play calling was just assinine.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:18 PM   #30
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

kg, that was pretty much right on the money.

QC has had his good moments, but they seem to be coming less and less often the last few weeks.

His scrambling HAS been pretty piss poor this year.. he just doesn't know when to tuck and run, and when he does, he doesn't commit to either going for the first or sliding at the first risk of being breathed on. Last year he did a much better job of running.. seems to me it's mental.

also, the Ticket is overrated.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:19 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

If he sucked why would Wade Wilson be trying to develop him into a good qb?

Because that is Wilsons job and if he doesn't, he is unemployed.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:23 PM   #32
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< No problem, FFM. I don't think you meant any harm, but any talk involving the &quot;R&quot; word is very, very flammable...

Again, I partially agree with you that talk of Carter and Hutchinson and Stoerner can have strong racial undertones- but I don't think most real fans subscribe to that kind of garbage. I really don't think the majority of Cowboys fans care about anything but his production. I would be thrilled if Carter had some big games. By the same token, I am less than thrilled when he assumes the starring role in horror shows like today's game...
>>

Aight coo you guys have to be patient with me I post alot at Mavtalk lol. Anyway yea I agree that real fans do not subscribe to the race issue but you have a lil handful of guys that I believe do. I see when Quincy scores a touchdown the crowd praises him and give them his props even in Arizona today. I can understand because today I Am even losing some of my hope for Quincy and its hard to be patient with a young qb and I understand that. But I just want the guy to succeed and I am not reffering to you but I just want people to see why alot of us want to see him succeed. Why we give him his props for a touchdown. Though I want him to succeed I dont think I can stand for another game like this today I jsut want to see one day he comes out there and scores 270 yards and 3 touchdowns. But forget this whole race issue my real argument is that the kid has had 2 different offensive coordinators, shuffled line, no running game though todays was pretty good, a rookie reciever, and a horrible line. I could go on with excuses and that doesent mean Quincy can just suck but I mean someone has got to see that he is sucking for a reason other than his capability of talent.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 10:28 PM   #33
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The guy doesn't scramble well. He hasn't scrambled for 100 yards all year long. And as Rhylan pointed out, he'd rather do that baseball slide than actually get breathed on.

He's not good at anything football-related. I wouldn't let the guy play free safety in a nickel package if I had a choice. I wouldn't let him be a placeholder. He's just NOT GOOD.

Old 10-20-2002, 10:29 PM   #34
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< i think when the racism issue gets brought up people conveniently forget the number of people who wanted randal cunningham to take over the QB spot from troy.

i think you can blame a lot of the quincy criticism on the public for a variety of reasons: impatience, not being a smart fan, etc. but in all honesty, i dont see the majority of the racism being simply because he was black. QC came here on an extremely short leash b/c of the criticism JJ took for drafting him in the 2nd round. IMO, if QC was drafted in the 5th round, i dont think you hear NEARLY the amount of criticism you hear now.

but that aside, QC stunk it up horribly today, and he stunk it up horribly last week as well. he needs to prove that he can pass the ball down the field and not lock in on his recievers. in addition, i think you not only indict the loss on QC today, but Coslet deserves a huge portion of the blame as well. some of his play calling was just assinine.
>>

I can agree with this post. Tight sig also thats one of my songson my hit list lol. Anyway I want to let yall know I am aware of him sucking today I just want us to put this aside and see how he plays next week. BTW Jake didnt play any better than Carter except he was lucky we didnt have anyone to catch the interceptions.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 10:31 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Anyway yea I agree that real fans do not subscribe to the race issue but <u>you have a lil handful of guys that I believe do.</u>

If you truly want everyone to lay off the race issue, you are going to have to do the same...you keep dropping lines like this. I'm not getting on you here, but please understand, it's comments like this adn the others that keep the issue active. Just a thought....
Old 10-20-2002, 10:33 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

AEx- great post...I agree with you in my &quot;report&quot; in the Dallas-Arizona thread.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:37 PM   #37
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< The guy doesn't scramble well. He hasn't scrambled for 100 yards all year long. And as Rhylan pointed out, he'd rather do that baseball slide than actually get breathed on.

He's not good at anything football-related. I wouldn't let the guy play free safety in a nickel package if I had a choice. I wouldn't let him be a placeholder. He's just NOT GOOD.
>>

Well First off I read that he doesnt run anymore because Campo made him stop that because if u rememeber last season he ran out the pocket well. Can anyone back up that the coaches stopped him from running? If you notice it looks as if he is trying to learn how to slide also. I think this is another reason why Carter isnt playing well this west coast offense is holding him back he needs something similiar to Vick s plays.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 10:39 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

FFM- I do remember last year the staff getting onto him about sliding I think. I don't recall them ever telling him not to run at all though.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:48 PM   #39
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Anyway yea I agree that real fans do not subscribe to the race issue but <u>you have a lil handful of guys that I believe do.</u>

If you truly want everyone to lay off the race issue, you are going to have to do the same...you keep dropping lines like this. I'm not getting on you here, but please understand, it's comments like this adn the others that keep the issue active. Just a thought....
>>

Though this is is what the post was dedicated to I have no problem stoping the raceissue comment but I was replying to EvilMav and letting him know how I felt about this whole argument.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2002, 10:56 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

So does anyone have Carter's QB rating for the game or can we just assume a zero?