Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-21-2002, 04:30 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Cowboys Bench Quincy Carter

Cowboys make a change at quarterback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

IRVING, Texas -- Quincy Carter is out and Chad Hutchinson is in as the starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.

The Cowboys made the surprising switch Monday, one day after Carter threw four interceptions -- two around the end zone -- in a 9-6 overtime loss to Arizona.

Coach Dave Campo called a news conference to discuss the move. He did not indicate a switch was in the works during his typical day-after news conference earlier Monday.

Hutchinson has not played a down in the NFL and last took a snap in a game that counted as a sophomore at Stanford. He returned to football last summer after spending four years playing professional baseball.

Carter was rushed into the job, too, going from second-round pick to opening-day starter last season. He went 3-5 as a rookie and is 3-4 this season.

Carter pulled out the last two wins with stellar play in the final minutes, but the games might not have been so close if he'd been better in the first three quarters. He wasn't able to pull overcome his early mistakes Sunday against the Cardinals.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2002, 04:40 PM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

hoboy
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 04:42 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bye bye Quincy. Hello big time QB controversy... This isn't going to end until we draft Jared Lorenzen next year...
Old 10-21-2002, 04:56 PM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Suprised and Shocked. I am not against it though I think there will be more trouble then the cowboys expect.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:26 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'm clearly in favor of this move. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It'll be nice to see what a spiral looks like again.

Old 10-21-2002, 05:27 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I am so glad that Crater was benched. He might possibly be the WORST qb that has EVER started for the Cowboys.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:29 PM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Dear lord, this is horrible. No good can come from this.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:30 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< I'm clearly in favor of this move. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It'll be nice to see what a spiral looks like again.
>>

Yea it will be but too bad it wont be the cowboys game. Its gonna be David Carr this Sunday I will be suprised if he even gets the chance to throw a ball thats a spiral or even gets the chance to set his feet.

1996-2005
Old 10-21-2002, 05:32 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Dear lord, this is horrible. No good can come from this. >>

Exactly these guys just dont realize what they are in for I actually think this might be even worse hten the 5 interception game Aikman had or worser than Carr. Carr played College ball Chad is up here playing baseball I guess Cowboys just gave up on both qbs because Chad is gonna get killed out there.

1996-2005
Old 10-21-2002, 06:02 PM   #10
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Jst heard this on txcn from bob sturm &quot;If the cowboys didnt miss the extra point or cundiff made the fieldgoal would quincy still be benched&quot; what do you all think? This the worst move ever. Chad isnt going to anything this year.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:11 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

All this move shows me is that either they are trying to let Chad get killed on Sunday and let Emmitt get his record and after that htey start QC the next game and Hambrick because thats the only way QC will get better with an effective running game and not having to play 2nd and 14 all of the time. Makes no sense at all and I wonder why in the hell Campo says QC is the guy at 11 o clock and all of a sudden Chad is starting JJ is a dope phene.

1996-2005
Old 10-21-2002, 06:26 PM   #12
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

<< Makes no sense at all and I wonder why in the hell Campo says QC is the guy at 11 o clock and all of a sudden Chad is starting JJ is a dope phene. >>

I bet campo didnt even get a say in the decision. It was all jerry's decision[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2002, 06:28 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< because thats the only way QC will get better with an effective running game and not having to play 2nd and 14 all of the time. >>

The Cowboys average over 120 yards per game on the ground. That's 13th in the NFL. Sounds reasonably effective to me. Imagine how good the ground game would be if we had a decent qb.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:32 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

There can be a lot of disagreement with this move, but there HAS to be some agreement that jerry has decided that jif is not a shoe-in to win a super bowl enough not to roll the dice and see if hutch can be.

He's been a gambler forever and he's willing to risk this season to see if hutch can play. If not he gets a couple more qb's in the off-season, if he looks like the guy he takes another flyer on a low-draft choice or a canadian football qb.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:43 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< because thats the only way QC will get better with an effective running game and not having to play 2nd and 14 all of the time. >>

The Cowboys average over 120 yards per game on the ground. That's 13th in the NFL. Sounds reasonably effective to me. Imagine how good the ground game would be if we had a decent qb.
>>

Ya trying to piss me off huh? WHat kinda qb does LT for the chargers have and he is still killin guys. Dont be fooled by those stats they had Cowboys ranked 2nd in the NFL on defense last season and we all know they werent the 2nd best in the league. Stats mean squat other than records. We all know Emmit goes 3,3,2,15,0,0 etc. Dont try to act dumb like our running game is good becuase it isnt. And I dont blame the running backs at all its the O lines fault though they played better than I expected last week they still suck none of those guys are starters other than Gurode and Allen of course and he has been playing liek shit too.

1996-2005
Old 10-21-2002, 06:46 PM   #16
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I think the cowboys are just racists...why else bench the super interception...oops, I meant kid.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2002, 07:05 PM   #17
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< JJ is a dope phene. >>

lol...

EM2.. classic -- Jared Lorenzen.

anyways... I have no idea what the purpose of this is. Hutch is going to get his ass handed to him, no doubt. This is just gonna make the running game suffer even more.

....but there's always the chance he's something special, some kind of enchanted prodigy, and if so, he's got 11 games to show it.

and if not, maybe we can be 3-13 and draft a QB. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2002, 07:10 PM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Makes no sense at all but I guess they decided to throw in the towl already. Funny thing is, if Cundiff makes that fieldgoal, this would never had happened.

As it is though, guess you gotta take a step back(which this move is) in order to take 2 steps forward.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:10 PM   #19
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< JJ is a dope phene. >>

lol...

EM2.. classic -- Jared Lorenzen.

anyways... I have no idea what the purpose of this is. Hutch is going to get his ass handed to him, no doubt. This is just gonna make the running game suffer even more.

....but there's always the chance he's something special, some kind of enchanted prodigy, and if so, he's got 11 games to show it.

and if not, maybe we can be 3-13 and draft a QB. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
>>

I understnad this and I have no problem with Hutch getting in the game the problem is why do it now. Sturm brought up a good point if Cundiff makes hte kick we win 6-7. Does Quincy lose his starting spot? It makes no sense and I dont like the fact that Campo is gonna back track a couple hours later it jus shows taht we need a 'GM even more. Go head and let Hutch start I have never seen the guy play to judge him and I am interested but I dont se him being any more effective then Quincy. I mean damn the guy hasnt played football in 5 years they might as well jus go and get Roger Clemens to be qb for cowboys.

1996-2005
Old 10-21-2002, 07:13 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Makes no sense at all but I guess they decided to throw in the towl already. Funny thing is, if Cundiff makes that fieldgoal, this would never had happened.

As it is though, guess you gotta take a step back(which this move is) in order to take 2 steps forward.
>>

I agree. Look at the standings we are still right there. No reason for Cowboys to throw in the towel now. Though for some reason I dont think this is against Quincy I think this is more of the situation that Kordell is dealing with. Except he has a XFL Mvp he is watching playing while Quincy is lookin at a ex baseball player take his role. Damn they both got it bad but I give it to Kordell is in the worser position.

1996-2005
Old 10-21-2002, 07:13 PM   #21
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

Dale Hansen just said that jerry said if the cowboys won 7-6 quincy wouldnt be benched. It wasnt his fault that they missed the extra point.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] What the hell is jones thinking?
Old 10-21-2002, 07:20 PM   #22
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

But if we had an adequate backup QB, just a middle of the road guy, somebody who could manufacture TWO or maybe a whopping THREE scoring drives per game, our defense would be leading us to the playoffs.

They shouldn't not bench Quincy because he was a PAT away from not sucking enough for the Cowboys to not lose.

He was barely unsucky enough for the Cowboys to not lose the last two wins they got. BARELY.

hahaha... this is wild stuff...
Old 10-21-2002, 07:24 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Which brings us all the way back to this past summer. WHY THE HELL DID THEY CUT ANTHONY WRIGHT IF THEY WEREN'T SURE Q COULD GET IT DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE????!?!?!?!?!

Doesn't make sense [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Doesn't make sense at all.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:25 PM   #24
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Carter didn't bail himself out against the Cardinals and was hurt by a botched extra point. Had the Cowboys made the kick and won 7-6, Jones admitted it &quot;would've bought more time for this decision.''

This is stupid. Why not cut Micah Knorr too? I mean if he is the reason Quincy is getting bench, let's get rid of Micah Knorr, who has don't absolutely NOTHING this year. I had this big long ramble typed up but it got deleted. Bottom line, I think this is a stupid move. Not only because I like Quincy, but the fact Chad simply is not ready. Behind our poor offensive line he is going to get murdered. Plus, he showed in the preaseason he simply is not ready for NFL play. Other than throw a pretty spiral, he does nothing for you right now. For those of you who hated yesterday, be prepared for a couple more 4+ interception games. I think this is a mistake, and that Hutchinson should not be playing until next season at the very least.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:25 PM   #25
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

He was starting to get gripy and all, and I guess they figured this was the make or break year for both Q and Hutch. Because Hutch has enough time, now, I think, to show something. 9 games is more than Q had last year.

he = Wright.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:32 PM   #26
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Matter of fact ANthony didtn not play bad last season . Stoerner did. Now unless Cowboys felt tht Wright deserved a better chance at being a starter I dont know and I questioned why they did this. WHY IN THE HELL DID THEY EVEN PLAY HIM IN PRESEASON???? Quincy isnt gonna learn anything from a nobody behind him. He atleat wouldve learned something from Wright.

1996-2005
Old 10-21-2002, 07:38 PM   #27
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I think the coaches were mad at Wright for not &quot;playing through the pain of one of his injuries last year and instead electing to get surgery.&quot; He was in the doghouse this whole training camp and never got out.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-21-2002, 07:46 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Carter sucked. His performance warranted benching. Even had Cundiff hit the extra point or a field goal, it would not have changed Carters incredibly inept day. This might be a good move. Noone is saying that Hutch is an all pro, but he is a fresh start. Carter was singlehandedly losing games for the Cowboys. We need a guy at qb that wont lose games for us. The defense and 17 points win a lot fo games for the Boys this year.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:46 PM   #29
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

Jones said coslets system is qb friendly? It didnt look to qb friendly to me. Qb friendly?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2002, 07:54 PM   #30
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

If Cundiff makes that extra point is Quincy a guy without a starting job, or the hero of the game?

If that ball hadn't been tipped and fallen into Joey Galloway's hands, is Quincy a hero, or a guy without a starting job?

If Cundiff had somehow made that extra point that what would that have mean't? it would have meant a QB who's questionable play has put his starting job on the line gets to keep it for another game. But that didn't happen. Bye Bye Quincy. The kick being missed or made is not the point, regardless of the outcome of the kick, Quincy hasn't been playing great, he's had flashes of brilliance but he's not that great. The fact that Billy missed the kick doesen't negate the fact that he's been sucking. If Donovan Mcnabb had thrown 8 interceptions and the Eagles kicker missed an extra point that could have won them the game, McNabb would be in no danger of losing his starting job, because he's shown that kind of game he had is the exception rather than the rule. With quincy it's 50/50. He completes 55% of his passes, throws for a touchdown and only 2 interceptions and people are ready to talk about the next Michael Vick. Then he throws 4 interceptions the very next. I think the guy is better than alot given credit for, has heart, is tough and has as much potential as anyone else who's as fast and athletic as he is. But the Quincy apologists need to get over themselves. This is football, not basketball. We can't watch Quincy sucks for 3 straight seasons and then talk about how he's only played 30 NFL games and hasn't had time to establish himself. Quincy is the future alright, the future backup

This is in no way endorsing Chad Hutchinson either. I have a feeling Quincy will regain his starting job after chad gets pulverized this sunday.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 08:04 PM   #31
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< he's had flashes of brilliance but he's not that great. The fact that Billy missed the kick doesen't negate the fact that he's been sucking.

This is in no way endorsing Chad Hutchinson either. I have a feeling Quincy will regain his starting job after chad gets pulverized this sunday.
>>

Isnt this all you want from a young qb? Forget the 15 games lets say he has played 2 seasons isnt this all you want from a 2 season guy? His stats are better than Mcnabbs are right now. They are better than Terry Bradshaws at this point. They are better than Brett Favre. People just expect to much out of a 2 year guy. Quincy has had so many obstacles its ridiculous right now and its ashame because I dont want to givehim any excuses but you have to mention them. Carr's O Line isnt any better but I cant honestly say he is playing above Quincy right now. I think what sets Quincy apart from guyz like Breez and Carr and a Harrington is that they have played in big games. They are use to the lsat second decisions. Quincy hasnt and he has got ot learn that now which I know is his fauult but thast what you get when you take chances with a young qb who didnt play 4 years in college. BTW, I know Quincy will regain his starting job back thats why I think this is some kinda fluke so the Quincy haters hop off the Chad sattle because he hasnt gotten his time to shine just yet.

1996-2005
Old 10-21-2002, 08:55 PM   #32
MFFL
Guru

The Quincy Carter situation was handled poorly by the GM of the Cowboys. Very talented qbs can be thrown into games during their first season and they have the ability to learn on the fly. Carter was only a second round pick - very low for an immediate starter. Carter &gt;should&lt; have sat on the bench learning the game and correcting his footwork and throwing motion for at least a year.

But since that's not what happened, we have to live with it. He has to be judged more harshly because he is unlikely to blossom now.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:58 PM   #33
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< The Quincy Carter situation was handled poorly by the GM of the Cowboys. Very talented qbs can be thrown into games during their first season and they have the ability to learn on the fly. Carter was only a second round pick - very low for an immediate starter. Carter &gt;should&lt; have sat on the bench learning the game and correcting his footwork and throwing motion for at least a year.

But since that's not what happened, we have to live with it. He has to be judged more harshly because he is unlikely to blossom now.
>>

Great post I never thought of it that way. I think this same exact thing the Texans are doing with Carr and thats what is gonna shortin his career and could stop him from being that good qb. This guy is about to break the record for most sacks.

1996-2005
Old 10-21-2002, 09:25 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< Makes no sense at all but I guess they decided to throw in the towl already. Funny thing is, if Cundiff makes that fieldgoal, this would never had happened.

>>

Of course if jif doesn't throw two picks into the cardinals endzone (one into triple coverage) this wouldn't have happend either. And if coslet wasn't so afraid that jif was going to throw another one, he wouldn't have run the ball so much in the second half and ot.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-21-2002, 09:26 PM   #35
FINtastic
Diamond Member

MFFL you might have hit the nail on the head. I think Quincy was out there too early. He started when his fundamentals were terrible. You don't really get a chance to work on the fundamentals when you have to play at game speed. You saw what happened last year while Quincy was injured and he had a chance to work one those fundamentals (like gripping the ball and taking a snap). He came back a much better quarterback - the difference was night and day. Hutchinson might be in trouble too especially considering he has been out of the game for 4 years. His only saving grace is his spiral.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-21-2002, 09:28 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

<<

>>

<< I agree. Look at the standings we are still right there. >>

Right where???? Right in the middle of mediocrity, going maybe 8-8, 7-9, 9-7.. Maybe getting a wildcard, getting our rear handed to us and........ Jif as quarterback.

Sounds like jerry is looking to win the whole thing, not ride out revenue sharing like they are in arizona with jake plummer.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:32 PM   #37
dude1394
Guru

<< Which brings us all the way back to this past summer. WHY THE HELL DID THEY CUT ANTHONY WRIGHT IF THEY WEREN'T SURE Q COULD GET IT DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE????!?!?!?!?!

Doesn't make sense [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Doesn't make sense at all.
>>

Because anthony wright isn't the guy either. Remember jj's measure of success is competing for super bowls, everything else is failure.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:33 PM   #38
FINtastic
Diamond Member

The reason why I brought up the Micah Knorr bobbled snap is that Quincy should be blamed for HIS wrongs. Jerry should have came out and said that Quincy lost his starting job because he threw 4 interceptions. Instead Jerry comes out with a statement that because Micah Knorr sucked also, Quincy gets more blame. I realize that Quincy did not help his cause by throwing four interceptions. But how do you let Micah Knorr's bobbled placehold be the straw that broke the camels back, which was a play that Quincy had no control over? As I said earlier, why haven't we cut Micah Knorr? What has he done for the team lately that makes you say, &quot;Wow, he is a keeper!&quot; If Jerry is going to come out and become Superman by benching Quincy, why doesn't he go the full distance and cut Micah Knorr?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-21-2002, 09:40 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

<< Carr's O Line isnt any better but I cant honestly say he is playing above Quincy right now. BTW, I know Quincy will regain his starting job back thats why I think this is some kinda fluke so the Quincy haters hop off the Chad sattle because he hasnt gotten his time to shine just yet. >>

I've been trying to rationalize jifs play with stats etc the last 7 games. However right now with him the offense stinks. They stunk last week and he pulled a miracle, they stunk against an expansion team and they totally stunk this week. 9-6 in overtime for goodness sake.

I would take Carr in one second over quincy, you can just tell he's a real quarterback. And I think jones/campo are telling the truth and chad will play the rest of the year unless he gets hurt.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:48 PM   #40
MFFL
Guru

<< I think this same exact thing the Texans are doing with Carr and thats what is gonna shortin his career and could stop him from being that good qb. >>

But Carr was a high draft pick - he doesn't have to do things like correct fundamentals. Every down he's on the field Carr is getting better - like Aikman did for the Cowboys.

Because of the salary cap the qbs who are drafted high are thrown out on the field immediately. Which seems to be an acceptable program. But the qbs who are NOT drafted high (like Carter) are put in a no win situation. They CAN'T be successfuly because they don't have the necessary preparation to be successful.