Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-21-2002, 09:55 PM   #41
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Those of you that claim this was a bad move by the Cowboys are making two incorrect assumptions:

1. That the Cowboys were headed to the playoffs, and
2. That Quincy was going to take them there.

Starting Hutch isn't likely to get the Cowboys into the playoffs, but neither was starting Quincy.

Mediocrity should be unacceptable. Who wants 7-9, or 8-8? I'd rather be bad this year and see what we have in Hutch than be mediocre with Quincy, who is now a known quantity.

Old 10-21-2002, 10:11 PM   #42
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Those of you that claim this was a bad move by the Cowboys are making two incorrect assumptions:

1. That the Cowboys were headed to the playoffs, and
2. That Quincy was going to take them there.

Starting Hutch isn't likely to get the Cowboys into the playoffs, but neither was starting Quincy.

Mediocrity should be unacceptable. Who wants 7-9, or 8-8? I'd rather be bad this year and see what we have in Hutch than be mediocre with Quincy, who is now a known quantity.
>>

HEll I want a 7-9 team that is better than wnining 4 games. As a cowboys fan I am looking for them to gointo next season thinking they are capable of winning atleast 7 games rather than 4. I think you are the one making incorrect assumptions Hutch might not even make it in the first half matter of fact I predict Quincy plays in that Seahawk game. Hutch isnt ready it is impossible to not play in 5 years and all of sudden be atleast a sucky quarterback no way in hell he can even be that. Woudlnt u guys say a 7-9 team is a improvement? Wouldnt u say Bryant looks as if he is one of our future franchise players? There are improvements here and wheter u want to admit Quincy has improved. He has proved he can throw the spiral better and if ud otn believe what I say jsut check the replay of the touchdown to Bryant last week he drilled it. And I think thast the problem. He shows his mechanics every once in a while liek the td to Bryant. That ball was sick. Its like his mechanics go out at the beginning of the game.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 10:25 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

7,8 wins a year is NOT good enough. It is not competing for a super bowl. And the way this teams offense was playing this year, it wasn't even worth watching. Hey jif looks like he got his shot, he'd better start showing a lot more in practice or if hutch gets hurt, he'd better get his head straight.

This is a sport and you better believe that campo wants to win now or at least show some improvement. The team has looked horrible the last two weeks even while the defense is getting better and there was some running game this week.

Jif got benched because he wasn't getting it done, like coslet said, i'm tired of hearing how young he is as an excuse, he's played 15 full games and his last two have been his worst.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 11:33 PM   #44
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Since when has winning the Super Bowl become a requirement? I thought going into this year the Cowboys would be happy with 8-8, and that most people were predicting that. Now all of the sudden it's Super Bowl or Bust. Where did this come from? You know Chuck Cooperstein has a great quote about what fans should expect from their sports team: &quot;All you can ask for is to be playing big games at the end of the season for a chance to win it all.&quot; I'm beginning to wonder where all of these super bowl expectations are coming from.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 08:48 AM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Since when has winning the Super Bowl become a requirement?

If you aren't playing for the Super Bowl then you aren't playing. Predictions are the stuff of discussion boards and editorials...bottom line is that every team is playing for the Super Bowl. Only one team succeeds. The rest have failed. It's the nature fo the game. If even one person in this franchise feels differently they should be fired on the spot.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:05 AM   #46
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<< Since when has winning the Super Bowl become a requirement?

If you aren't playing for the Super Bowl then you aren't playing. Predictions are the stuff of discussion boards and editorials...bottom line is that every team is playing for the Super Bowl. Only one team succeeds. The rest have failed. It's the nature fo the game. If even one person in this franchise feels differently they should be fired on the spot.
>>

Is this referring to the current season? Or long term goal?

If every team that didn't win the Super Bowl thought themselves a failure after one season many great teams would never have been.

Sorry Doc, but Good God! This is way extreme. And...just because I care, there are decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:25 AM   #47
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Since when has winning the Super Bowl become a requirement?

>>

Maybe teams in San Diego or Arizona just want to make it to the playoffs. Dallas fans want MORE SUPERBOWLS. Nothing else is acceptable.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:09 AM   #48
Drbio
Banned

Anyone who doesn't play to win the Super Bowl is not worthy of playing in this league.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:07 AM   #49
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Great move for the Cowboys.. Hutchinson may not be the answer, but they're trying to find out if he is because they know Carter is NOT the answer... So I don't blame them, I think it's an EXCELLENT move...
Old 10-22-2002, 03:18 PM   #50
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Great move for the Cowboys.. Hutchinson may not be the answer, but they're trying to find out if he is because they know Carter is NOT the answer... So I don't blame them, I think it's an EXCELLENT move... >>

You say Hutchinson may not be the answer so I am guessing you have doubts but then you say you think its a excellent move. Has Quincy hater all over it lol.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 04:57 PM   #51
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Well Filthy Fin you don't have to go far anymore to find Q Haters out there.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-22-2002, 05:15 PM   #52
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Sorry drbio, but the great Dean E. Smith always expressed displeasure at the way second place finishers were treated. Players that had worked hard trying to win, but had just fallen short. He said he really disliked the way fans made these players feel like they were dirt simply because they had lost one game (which could have been for a variety of reasons). Maybe this is why I just like College Basketball more than any single sport. The expecatations aren't we have to win. Instead it's I hope we win. It makes the feeling after a win incredible. But that's not to say the players try any less. Actually it's the other way around. Players aren't being paid, and they are playing more for the love of the game. I guess my problem right now is I am expecting the NFL environment to be like College Basketball environment. But still, it doesn't change my opinion that us fans expecting the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl a year after going 5-11 is ludicrous. Now that doesn't mean the Cowboys should take plays off and not give full effort. What it means is that at fans we shouldn't be pissed at an 8-8 record this year. For me I see that as a step in the right direction. If we make 8-8 this year, then next season we can start raising our expectations, and expecting the Cowboys to be Prime Contenders for a Super Bowl.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-22-2002, 05:22 PM   #53
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Sorry drbio, but the great Dean E. Smith always expressed displeasure at the way second place finishers were treated. Players that had worked hard trying to win, but had just fallen short. He said he really disliked the way fans made these players feel like they were dirt simply because they had lost one game (which could have been for a variety of reasons). Maybe this is why I just like College Basketball more than any single sport. The expecatations aren't we have to win. Instead it's I hope we win. It makes the feeling after a win incredible. But that's not to say the players try any less. Actually it's the other way around. Players aren't being paid, and they are playing more for the love of the game. I guess my problem right now is I am expecting the NFL environment to be like College Basketball environment. But still, it doesn't change my opinion that us fans expecting the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl a year after going 5-11 is ludicrous. Now that doesn't mean the Cowboys should take plays off and not give full effort. What it means is that at fans we shouldn't be pissed at an 8-8 record this year. For me I see that as a step in the right direction. If we make 8-8 this year, then next season we can start raising our expectations, and expecting the Cowboys to be Prime Contenders for a Super Bowl. >>

Exactly a step in tha right direction. How is goin 3 and 13 a step in tha right direction? Thats exactly what happneed last season we all didnt know what to expect from Cowboys. If they pulled off a 8-8 record that looks like its goin into hte right direction. Just dont know who is even running the Cowboys the same guy who has 3 rings or tha one doin crack. Just dont get it at all. Unless Jerry is listening to fans? OH HELL NAW!!!

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 05:32 PM   #54
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Well put FINtastic!
I believe the attitude that only the top finish will do creates a &quot;win at all costs&quot; environment. A fan of any sport has to face facts that their favorite team isn't going to win it all every year. Enjoy the game and cherish the small victories.

Sure, I'd LOVE for the Saints to win the Super Bowl this year, but if they don't I will still have enjoyed this season (and I enjoyed last season too). I believe with all my heart that they have had a great year regardless of what happens next. I couldn't enjoy sports with the win it all or be a loser attitude.

Most importantly, I hope that my boys will grow up enjoying sports regardless of whether they are the best kid on the team or the worst. I would never want them to think anybody playing on a team that doesn't win a Super Bowl is a loser.

Old 10-22-2002, 05:43 PM   #55
Drbio
Banned

That is the attitude of non-athletes. A true athlete is there to win, not be 8-8 or 3-13 or whatever. The progress angle is there for message boarders and editorials. Bottomw line in professional sports...win. Period. If you aren't playing to win, there will be someone who will take your place.

Dean Smith coached college boys. That attitude is fine. The players in college are there to develop. They are there to learn. College players can strive for progress. Professionals must provide excellence. Either perform or get the hell out of the way for someone that will.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:47 PM   #56
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< That is the attitude of non-athletes. A true athlete is there to win, not be 8-8 or 3-13 or whatever. The progress angle is there for message boarders and editorials. Bottomw line in professional sports...win. Period. If you aren't playing to win, there will be someone who will take your place.

Dean Smith coached college boys. That attitude is fine. The players in college are there to develop. They are there to learn. College players can strive for progress. Professionals must provide excellence. Either perform or get the hell out of the way for someone that will.
>>

Oh u must be talking to someone else because I have played 4 years of high school bball and football which I know isnt accomplishment but just wait lol. Anyway Of course u want to win a Super Bowl but do you expect the Denver nuggets to win a finals this season? Wouldnt winnning 40 gamse be a accomplishment for them who some dont even have htem winning 10 games? All we are lookin for is an improvement to win a superbowl not jus suck and dont go anywhere.

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 05:48 PM   #57
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Exactly Southern Sweets. The way I look at it, the odds are you're team wins once out of every 32 years. Man, as Cowboy fans we should be gracious that we have one 5 times in the 35 (this number is probably off one or two because I can't recall what Super Bowl we are on anymore). This expectation as a fan to win a Super Bowl every year is just asinine. You are always going to have up and down years due to retirements, injuries, etc. It's the nature of sports. As I fan, I'd rather watch games and just have a fun time, rather than being cynical all the time. That just takes the point out of it. As long as the players are trying there hardest you really can't ask for much more.

By the way, I hope your team makes it far since the Cowboy's season is a lost cause now. I have to say really have enjoyed watching them so far.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-22-2002, 05:55 PM   #58
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< That is the attitude of non-athletes. A true athlete is there to win, not be 8-8 or 3-13 or whatever. The progress angle is there for message boarders and editorials. Bottomw line in professional sports...win. Period. If you aren't playing to win, there will be someone who will take your place.

>>

I COMPLETELY disagree. Professional athletes (or any professionals) also need to develop. They have rookie seasons, learning years. Anyone will better serve his/her profession by focusing on continuous improvement. This is true for athletes too. Are any of us absolutely perfect at our chosen professions? Do we have nothing left to learn? Probably not. But, should we &quot;get the hell out of the way?&quot; Of course not.

Old 10-22-2002, 05:56 PM   #59
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

GO Saints!!!!! GO BROOKs!!!! GO DUECE!!!!!

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 05:59 PM   #60
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Thanks FFM!

They are greatness...Super Bowl or no Super Bowl...Greatness!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 06:01 PM   #61
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Bob Sturm just said that now jerry is saying that quincy got benched because of a attitude problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I think jerry is trying to find another excuse for benching quincy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 06:20 PM   #62
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Bob Sturm just said that now jerry is saying that quincy got benched because of a attitude problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I think jerry is trying to find another excuse for benching quincy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] >>

Like I said it has got to be tha dope he is takin. They dont know why they benched Quincy. Just cut Quincy now its no reason no one has to put up with what he has being brought in like he did and it was becasue of Jerry. 50% of Cowboys fans hate Quincy and 45% of those dont like him ebcause he is Quincys guy. Thats alot more then Troy had tho I think he had about 1 person who was in favor of him succeeding. Not even Jimmy thought he would succeed.

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 06:42 PM   #63
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Cowboys release Keith Adam's and Michah Knorr[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 06:53 PM   #64
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Cowboys release Keith Adam's and Michah Knorr[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

WHat no Quincy cut? Damn u know us Quincy haters still have something to hate about now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I guess they decided to let Quincy punt balls for now on.

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 07:32 PM   #65
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that the cowboys have to be playing for a super bowl every year, but each move they make should be a move designed to get them closer to a super bowl. If quincy were a &quot;super bowl quarterback (say ala david carr) we would have seen a lot of improvement on this team. Then next year when emmitt sails off another stud runner would be looked for.

That team should begin to compete for super bowls.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-22-2002, 08:28 PM   #66
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< It's not that the cowboys have to be playing for a super bowl every year, but each move they make should be a move designed to get them closer to a super bowl. If quincy were a &quot;super bowl quarterback (say ala david carr) we would have seen a lot of improvement on this team. Then next year when emmitt sails off another stud runner would be looked for.

That team should begin to compete for super bowls.
>>

Dude, I think ur confusing NFL with NBA. In the NFL anything can happen. Patriots proved it last season. No one can put money on a NFL game because u dont know who will win. And if yuo look at the past Super Bowl Champs in the past 5 years alot of those guys are not considered a Favre and when was tha last time Favre made it to the championship? Cowboys dont need a guy who can dominate the game just a mediorce qb who can score atleast 3 touchdowns a game but no less than 2. But when you have no running game its hard to get a passing game going anyway ro vice versa.

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 08:40 PM   #67
dude1394
Guru

FFM...

I don't think I'm confusing anything. I think jerry also thought that winning a super bowl could be done with a mediocre quarterback, but his gut tells him he has to have a franchise qb. The odds are with him as well, baltimore is an anomaly, and possibly new england caught lightning in a bottle ala st. louis.

But QCar in jerry's mind was NOT super bowl caliber so what is the point of staying with him and not finding out about chad. He needs to move to find out who his qb is, if not he has to do all he can to draft another one next year.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:19 PM   #68
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I think jerry also thought that winning a super bowl could be done with a mediocre quarterback, but his gut tells him he has to have a franchise qb. The odds are with him as well, baltimore is an anomaly, and possibly new england caught lightning in a bottle ala st. louis.

Baltimore was the team that really caught lightning in a bottle. All Dilfer has ever done is win games. And he spit in his critic's faces by winning a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay...
Old 10-22-2002, 09:23 PM   #69
Drbio
Banned

FFM- for someone who proclaims to want to see the end of the hater/apologist tags, you sure do bring it up a lot.

Sweets- we disagree. No problems.

IMO, if you aren't expecting to give the ffort to win the championship every game....then you should be replaced. If I fail to give my employer 100% of my efforts...I would expect to get benched too....or even released. It's the way it is in the professional world.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:36 PM   #70
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< FFM- for someone who proclaims to want to see the end of the hater/apologist tags, you sure do bring it up a lot.

IMO, if you aren't expecting to give the ffort to win the championship every game....then you should be replaced. If I fail to give my employer 100% of my efforts...I would expect to get benched too....or even released. It's the way it is in the professional world.
>>

Wait where is this coming from? I thought we were discussing that you want an improvemnt rather than another lousy and indentcile season. Of course the Cowboys play as they want a championship every game but unfortunaetly every team cant win every game.

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 09:40 PM   #71
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< FFM- for someone who proclaims to want to see the end of the hater/apologist tags, you sure do bring it up a lot.

>>

I could careless about the hater or the apologist now because Quincy is done as far as I know but that isn very little being that JJ is making up bull shit. Cowboys aren't gonna be about shit and I guess im frustrated because there is no reason for this defense to work so hard and all of a sudden they bring in a rookie qb who has no experience. Think about what u want ot with Quincy but he has had experience in the NFL Hutchinson has had none and all of a sudden they throw in the towel when they are right there for a wild card spot? Lets see do I take playing in a Wild Card spot or have another 3-13 season while my hall of fame running back has just broke a record?

GO SAINTS!!!!!!

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 09:52 PM   #72
dude1394
Guru

FFM::

But the STUNK it up and was losing games no matter how hard the defense plays. How long do you think they wanted to give it up while watching him stink it up so bad.

You could tell that even the veterans were tired of it, even they were not shedding any tears. And when emmitt and woodson are willing to give up on him, he is DONE BRUTHA...
Old 10-22-2002, 10:00 PM   #73
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< FFM::

But the STUNK it up and was losing games no matter how hard the defense plays. How long do you think they wanted to give it up while watching him stink it up so bad.

You could tell that even the veterans were tired of it, even they were not shedding any tears. And when emmitt and woodson are willing to give up on him, he is DONE BRUTHA...
>>

Well I cant go by the way the veterans look but I can go by what Coakley said which was they still have faith in Quincy regardless if he starts or not.

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 10:17 PM   #74
Drbio
Banned

It's easy for Coakley to say that. The problem is that the offensive coordinator, Emmitt, Bryant and some others are either bashing Qspare or they are saying they can't comment because they have nothing positive to say. Qspare has lost all credibility with the offensive players.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:56 PM   #75
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< It's easy for Coakley to say that. The problem is that the offensive coordinator, Emmitt, Bryant and some others are either bashing Qspare or they are saying they can't comment because they have nothing positive to say. Qspare has lost all credibility with the offensive players. >>

Does anyone have these quotes? I seriously doubt they called him a spare or whatever ur trying to state here. Hambrick also was the one sayin ghow he still has faith in Quincy. Emmitt will be gone anyways and let Hambrick run the ball so atleast there will be less 2nd12's or having the defense knowing what we are gonna do next.

1996-2005
Old 10-22-2002, 11:21 PM   #76
Drbio
Banned

pick up the DMN. It's all in black and white. Coslet and Emmitt were harsh. Even I felt a little bad for Qsucks when I read that. Several others said less negative things, but none of them said anything remotely positive of Qspare.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:32 PM   #77
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

A championship is the definition of success in professional sports. It's disheartening to hear some of you say that you'd rather go 8-8 and be mediocre if Quincy could get us to mediocrity than win fewer games and be bad this year while finding out if we have a franchise QB in Hutchinson.

If you are willing to accept less than success, then I suppose you'd be right to say that 8-8 is better than 4-12, 5-11, etc. But if a championship is what you want, anything less is not good enough. And that's how I feel about it.

Old 10-22-2002, 11:42 PM   #78
FINtastic
Diamond Member

My point is for us to wait until next year to see if Chad is the one. Right now in my opinion he is not ready to be an NFL starting QB. Quincy looked better than Chad running the offense in the preseason. That's a sign Chad just isn't ready to get it done. Let Chad learn the nuances of the game, and evaluate him when he is ready. Plus, and I know I am the only person in the world right now that wants this(except maybe FFM), but I kind of wanted to see Quincy play a little more, at least an extra game or two to see how he bounces back. (Okay I know drbio is going to come bash me for this since he has made a regular habit of bashing every one of my posts lately, but I still want to air my opinions).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-22-2002, 11:46 PM   #79
Drbio
Banned

nope. I dont bash you for that opinion. I understand completely where you are coming from. I disagree that we should keep Qstanky as the QB though. It's time to evaluate if Hutch can do it. Give him as much of a year to struggle as we can and if he isn't up to it, then we draft a qb or look to FA. Hutch isn't going to amaze a lot of people...he will struggle, but it is time to give up on Carter and give Hutch his chance.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:21 AM   #80
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cowboys bench QUINCY

another bump
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote