Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-25-2002, 07:08 PM   #41
Super Slow Mo

Super Slow Mo is on a distinguished road

Some=does not equal all just to let you know. Detroit and Seattle were the 2 worst when we played them I believe. Not to mention the 3 points we scored against the Colts, we made them look like a SuperBowl defense. I just need to see alot more from him, I can't get excited after 1 good game especially with 3 terrible games previously.
Super Slow Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2002, 09:50 PM   #42
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Bio, is it that u hate Quincy or what is it? I am just wondering being u call him Qtard and spare lol. Anyway I agree with you in a way SlowMo. He showed promise today I give him props for that and I lay off him till next game. That does not mean he is the future of the Cowboys or being he is playing better then Quincy (so some think) he is the future. I am actually goin for Hutch to succeed because I don't want to draft another qb being we have much stronger needs as of right now. Well maybe not stronger but it would be a relief to have it off our shoulders this come draft. I honestly think that after this game JJ will not draft a qb with the first pick. He might try to find a Tom Brady in the draft but I do not believe it will be with the first pick. Congrads to Hutch and hope he plays well and I will still bash him for a bad game.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 11:12 PM   #43
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

If Chutch doesnt work out and jerry doesnt want to give quincy another shot we should try to get Bulger from St.Louis. He proved while warner was out that he can be a elite qb. We could trade chutch, 1rst round pick and a 2nd round pick for Bulger and they're first round pick.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 09:46 PM   #44
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< If Chutch doesnt work out and jerry doesnt want to give quincy another shot we should try to get Bulger from St.Louis. He proved while warner was out that he can be a elite qb. We could trade chutch, 1rst round pick and a 2nd round pick for Bulger and they're first round pick. >>

NOT IN A MILLION YEARS.

if JJ ever does this, i will not be a cowboy fan.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 11:31 PM   #45
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

aexchange why not? Bulger is only 25 and he's proven he can be a elite qb. And theres no gurantee that any qb from the draft will ever be good. Remember how good ryan leaf was suppose to be and he turned out to be a big bust.
Old 11-27-2002, 11:41 PM   #46
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

bulger is a product of his system. he has way too many offensive weapons to not look good.

hell, you could stick jerry jones in as QB for the rams with faulk, holt, bruce and i guarantee you JJ will throw for at least 2 TD's while faulk gains 150 yards on the ground. yeah, we have some nice recievers but the cowboys dont have anybody near the caliber of faulk. and if we did, we'd have a much better club. i would keep our pick and try to get magahee (sp?) out of miami. that kid is a stud.
Old 11-27-2002, 11:49 PM   #47
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< If Chutch doesnt work out and jerry doesnt want to give quincy another shot we should try to get Bulger from St.Louis. He proved while warner was out that he can be a elite qb. We could trade chutch, 1rst round pick and a 2nd round pick for Bulger and they're first round pick. >>

Hutch would look good playing for the Rams. They have an amazing number of offensive weapons and a very good offensive line.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 12:24 AM   #48
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

<< bulger is a product of his system. he has way too many offensive weapons to not look good.

hell, you could stick jerry jones in as QB for the rams with faulk, holt, bruce and i guarantee you JJ will throw for at least 2 TD's while faulk gains 150 yards on the ground. yeah, we have some nice recievers but the cowboys dont have anybody near the caliber of faulk. and if we did, we'd have a much better club. i would keep our pick and try to get magahee (sp?) out of miami. that kid is a stud.
>>

Bulger didn't have faulk against chicago and he still put up big numbers. Warner hasnt looked good with the rams weapons this year. Bulger could be the next Brady.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:47 PM   #49
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

<<

<< bulger is a product of his system. he has way too many offensive weapons to not look good.

>>

Bulger didn't have faulk against chicago and he still put up big numbers. Warner hasnt looked good with the rams weapons this year. Bulger could be the next Brady.
>>

and what has brady done this year?

squat. no thanks, i'll keep my #1 and hutch, for some guy who lit it up in a few games. i dont want the second coming of scott mitchell.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:34 AM   #50
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

Bradys #s show he's one of the elite qbs in the league right now. Passing for over 280 yards in a game is pretty dam good. He's also averaging more than 2 tds per game.( it take the cowboys 3 games to that)
G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
12 12 464 300 64.7 3093 6.7 49t 24 11 91.1
Old 12-01-2002, 01:38 AM   #51
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

Also, a average qb rating of 91.1 is way better than what the average quaterbacks have today.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:16 AM   #52
Super Slow Mo

Super Slow Mo is on a distinguished road

I agree with #1MavsFan, we should make that trade. CSuck is definitely not the answer, and we wont go anywhere with him just like now. Especially when we threw the white flag up when CSpare got the starting job because of the punter/holder.
Super Slow Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 02:56 PM   #53
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow it's easier to imagine Jerry Jones trading a draft pick or two for Akili Smith rather than make a deal for Bulger...
Old 12-01-2002, 06:27 PM   #54
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< I agree with #1MavsFan, we should make that trade. CSuck is definitely not the answer, and we wont go anywhere with him just like now. Especially when we threw the white flag up when CSpare got the starting job because of the punter/holder. >>

Superslomo... You care to provide any intelligent analysis of why this statement is true. Thanks goodness fans don't run sports teams.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 06:50 PM   #55
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Trading draft pics for Bulger is just like trading draft picks for Hutch. I'd rather keep my pics and pray Hutch is the answer or free agency or something but no way in hell I trade picks for Bulger.

1996-2005
Old 12-01-2002, 06:54 PM   #56
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Jerry's gonna stick with Hutch, so get used to seeing him. It might not be that bad either. I was a big Quincy supporter, but I think Hutch will succeed with a good line. If he has time, and some run support, he'll do alright. at least let's hope so. I'm tired of seeing 2 or 3 different QB's a year.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:45 PM   #57
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

<< [i]Trading draft pics for Bulger is just like trading draft picks for Hutch.[/Q

Chutches #s arent even close to Bulgers
Old 12-01-2002, 10:39 PM   #58
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I still say Jerry Jones is more likely to find his new Donovan McNabb in an Akili Smith deal rather than overpay for Bulger. He wants his franchise quarterback on the cheap...
Old 12-01-2002, 10:55 PM   #59
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Your right Buldger does have the better numbers but why trade 2 draft picks for a backup qb? I could careless what anyone says Jerry has seen enough of Hutch and he believes he is the qb of the future and will not use any draft pics to draft or trade for a qb. Can't say I agree with Hutch being the answer but I just hate to see Cowboys ruin a draft again though the latest draft looks as if it could have been a success.

1996-2005
Old 12-02-2002, 12:21 AM   #60
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

<< Your right Buldger does have the better numbers but why trade 2 draft picks for a backup qb? >>

We'll also be getting the rams 1rst round pick and Bulger's not a backup qb. Warner hasnt been able to do what Bulger was doing with the Rams offense. Warner 1-6 Bulger 6-0
Old 12-02-2002, 07:31 AM   #61
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

kinda makes you wander what would of happened if jones pulled his head out of Quincy's as$ and signed Bledsoe in the offseason and left other positions to be filled in the draft, the fact is this team is so far into rebuilding its not even funny, and besides above average defense there is no light at the end of the tunnel taking into account J.J.'s drafting skills and overblown ego, maybe J.J. and Jimmy will kiss and make-up after that interview, should would be nice to have a guy that can recognize talent and draft pro-bowlers in the sixth and seventh rounds back in valey ranch. what a pipe dream
Old 12-02-2002, 05:43 PM   #62
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< kinda makes you wander what would of happened if jones pulled his head out of Quincy's as$ and signed Bledsoe in the offseason and left other positions to be filled in the draft, the fact is this team is so far into rebuilding its not even funny, and besides above average defense there is no light at the end of the tunnel taking into account J.J.'s drafting skills and overblown ego, maybe J.J. and Jimmy will kiss and make-up after that interview, should would be nice to have a guy that can recognize talent and draft pro-bowlers in the sixth and seventh rounds back in valey ranch. what a pipe dream >>

I find it funny that the Campo's season which is in a jeporady and some predict it being his last and we see Jimmy and JJ laughing and having a good time on thanksgiving for the first time since the departure? Cuold this be a sign of JJ coming back to Dallas? Makes Jerry's pockets even fatter and would the first time Cowboys had a ex NFL Head Coach since Jimmys departure. BTW, What in the hell makes you think Bledsoe would want to coem to Texas? I like what Jerry did in the offseason and I think all Cowboys should. He got a couple of studs to come to Dallas on the defense side and drafted Antonio, signed Hutch who many teams where looking at into signing. What JJ wanted was for Quincy to succeed and trade Hutch later on but well his plans backfired.

1996-2005
Old 08-23-2003, 07:17 AM   #63
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Official: Bring back Quincy Carter: Thread

another bump
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 02:20 PM   #64
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Official: Bring back Quincy Carter: Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I challenge you to find even one single post where someone here says that Hutch is anything more than average and not going to struggle. Noone has said anything otherwise. Your small mind seems not to be able to understand that most of us are dissatisfied with both quarterbacks. However, with that said, it's time to let Hutch see what he can develop into. This season is going nowhere and Quincy had his turn. Now it's Hutch's turn. If he bottoms out then the Cowboys need to look for QB help in the FA market or the draft.

Just because some people said that Carter sucked (and he did) it doesn't mean they are Hutch supporters. good grief.

Wow. Even back in November people overlooked the obvious. Only those with Qspare boners are hard-headed enough to overlook the facts.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote