Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2004, 07:32 PM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Vince to Portland

Thursday, November 18, 2004

ESPN.com news services
Vince Carter might finally get his wish: a ticket out of Toronto.

The Raptors and Trail Blazers are discussing a blockbuster seven-player trade that would send Carter to Portland, ESPN's Stephen A. Smith has learned.

Vince Carter
Guard-Forward
Toronto Raptors

2004-2005 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
9 15.0 3.9 3.6 .378 .667

In exchange for Carter, Jalen Rose and two other unnamed players, Toronto would receive forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim, center Vladimir Stepania and guard Derek Anderson from Portland. Toronto proposed the multiplayer deal, Smith reports.

Carter asked during the summer to be traded but the Raptors had hoped the All-Star guard would change his mind. Toronto hasn't made the playoffs the past two seasons, and Sam Mitchell will be Carter's third coach in three years.

Carter told the Toronto Star in the offseason that "It's time for the truth: I want to be traded." Carter also said in a letter to fans posted on his Web site that he's not eager to wait while the team rebuilds.

"My frustration comes from the fact that we have not been able to create an equation to win ballgames," Carter wrote. "I am at the point in my career where I do not have time to wait two to four years for a team to mature."

Carter has four years remaining on his contract and remains one of the NBA's most popular players because of his highlight-reel dunks. But knee injuries have caused him to lose some of his explosiveness.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote