Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-04-2003, 01:40 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Guess the poster

Okay, I will give a quote of this poster from a recent thread and you have to guess who the poster is and give the next quote:

For e.g.,

"Quick, check your daughters!!! "
Old 10-04-2003, 01:42 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Guess the poster

lrb

"There has never been a human in the history of mankind with Shawn's combination of size and agility. He is a vision of the year 3200 when men tower over the creatures it sheres the world with... both in intelligence and in physical stature. A milenium of natural selection can only hope to produce such a specimen as we witness every day dominating lesser beings on the basketball court. Modern day humans have tried to accelerate this evolutionary process in the past. Men like Hitler and Stalin have attempted to recreate the gift that only God and time can give. They have failed. Shawn is unlike any of the freaks born of the eugenics movement; unlike the walking corpses born of cancerous mutations of the endocrine system. He is not a product of any kind of genetic engineering or hormone therapy. He was not conceived in a labratory and did not grow up in an incubator. He is just a man. A very big, very agile, but otherwise very normal man. He is the human-being of tomorrow living with us today. Many feel the need to fear him, and respond with hateful scorn and ridicule. I choose to respond with awe and admiration"
Old 10-04-2003, 01:46 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Guess the poster

I would guess Madape or EvilMav2.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:50 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default RE: Guess the poster

okay its madape, but you need to give the next quote.

I will do it :

"Some of the stuff I read from you Quincy Carter HATERS, yes HATERS, sickens me. Get over it already, this is the guy whether you like him or not. He is doing a pretty good job too and will only get better. He won the job fair and square and is now playing well when the games count, that's the bottomline guys deal with it. "
Old 10-04-2003, 01:51 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

QCarFan

"snake"
Old 10-04-2003, 01:53 PM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

murphy(the first one to say that on that thread)

"NVE back to the Mavs?

It would be fun just to hear murph strangling."

Old 10-04-2003, 01:57 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

MFFL

"http://hoops.sports.ws/
League Name: Boppin Up Town

I want to get around 12 teams. Then we will start the draft.

Come on "
Old 10-04-2003, 01:59 PM   #8
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Guess the poster

Shaggydirk

"po;l............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................b m;0__9***********************************sAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA V

Old 10-04-2003, 02:03 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

my son [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"I've been holding this in but i'm going to go ahead and say it. The reason why caucasians aren't really allowed to say what african americans are able to say go all the way back to slavery. No need to explain that situation. When it comes to race black people can speak so freely on it because of the torture that was done to them during the slavery stage. People feel that white people don't have the same rights that black people have when it comes to dicussing race. Is it right? No, but that is just the way it is. "
Old 10-04-2003, 02:06 PM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Guess the poster

FFM

"1st born, left testicle, money - Don't have it to give.

Maybe I'd give my left ovary. Its got to be worth at least as much as a left nut. "
Old 10-04-2003, 02:09 PM   #11
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road
Default Guess the poster

mary
"Grrrrrr

*hitting head on wall*

when will it stop!"

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 02:11 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

ericalubarsky

"i would love to..but, i don't believe i'll be able to put the proper amount of time needed in order to be successful "

Old 10-04-2003, 04:55 PM   #13
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default Guess the poster

That would be the MurphMan....
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 05:01 PM   #14
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default Guess the poster

Quote:
I'm not going to refer to what Erica said. she said nothing that has any impact on the question that i asked you...which, was in direct reference to one of your comments.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 05:02 PM   #15
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Guess the poster

"Mavs are in contact with Bell and his agent and are negotiating his deal. That doesnt mean he can't sign somewhere else, but c'mon. You know Im right, and he will be signed. If he doesnt by the start of the season I will kiss your ass in front of all these people and recant that part of my post. Im a law student and that is circumstantial evidence...."
Old 10-04-2003, 05:36 PM   #16
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Guess the poster

or, alternatively.....

"I had a Dukes of Hazzard cake for my third birthday party, and I vividly remember it. "
Old 10-04-2003, 06:01 PM   #17
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

raviolihead

"Hey, fellas I have a league open for Fantasy Basketball. I am an experienced League Owner and promise a smooth draft and play this year. Come on quickly..

http://hoops.sports.ws/

League Name: Boppin Up Town

Hurry"
the actual poster's first three posts were like this. i figure that warranted doing it again.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 07:02 PM   #18
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

shaggydirk

"The Mavericks have really blown it! Nick Van Exel was the heart of the Mavs during the playoffs. The Mavericks will still be a good team because of the big three, but they don't have a prayer in the playoffs because they have no one on the roster like Van Exel. Dirk seems to choke in some way, Nash runs out of gas, Finley can only dominate in the right situation, Jamison is more of a Keon Clark opportunist player. There is no one who can carry the team when the big three either struggle or are guarded closely which is what happens against the other 7 good teams in the west: Lakers, Spurs, Kings, Wolves, Blazers, Rockets, Suns.

I've really wanted to feel good about this trade; I've been pondering it for a few weeks now, and it will not result in the Mavericks going deeper into the playoffs. In fact, they will be lucky to get out of the first round!

UNLESS, Nowitzki suddenly develops a killer instinct, or Nash can stay fully energized, or Finley goes to the hole relentlessly (and the to the line), or Jamison becomes a "go-to" player.

The Mavs need two more players: an aging "ice-water-in-the-veins" veteran who can score, & a genuine center. If they get that (unless one of the new big four takes another step), they will win the championship with this lineup. If not, we may never win, barring lucky cicumstances. "
Old 10-04-2003, 07:30 PM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Craptain Disaster

"Does anyone know how the Mavs did last year when Don had that scary caterpillar on his face? Should he regrow it? Should Bradley grow one? Dirk?"
Old 10-04-2003, 07:48 PM   #20
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Guess the poster

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Craptain Disaster

"Does anyone know how the Mavs did last year when Don had that scary caterpillar on his face? Should he regrow it? Should Bradley grow one? Dirk?"

That one was a classic and ofcourse it was CRAPTAIN again.

"Do you even think before you post ? Do the math and you'll see that your per day/per week/per month rate is higher than mine...and throw in some grammar lessons while you're at it. I have to say I've gone over to Doc's side on you...

Now what do you want to bet on YOUR prediction.....oops my bad, you don't stand behind anything that you say.

Nevermind."
Old 10-04-2003, 08:49 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Guess the poster

That was the great OP.

"I only hope that this puts an end to Garnett fantasy trades

Garnett for Nash, Finley, and Raef?

TRADE ACCEPTED! "
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 11:54 PM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Default Guess the poster

madape

"Call me crazy, FFM, but I don't think the Giants & jets are on this year's Mavs schedule...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] "
Old 10-05-2003, 12:01 AM   #23
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

Xerxe

Arnold used to act like a muscle brained jock around women. Therefore, Davis should not be recalled.

-We call that 'California logic'

Old 10-05-2003, 12:05 AM   #24
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Default Guess the poster

Usually Lurkin

"That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard (no offense). If you are a semi-public figure, it is nearly impossible to win a lawsuit against a newspaper or media outlet. The standard, and the other lawyers on this board will back me up is that a statement must be made with actual malice, that is "knowledge that the statement was false, or reckless disregard to the truth or falsity of the statement". See NY Times v. Sullivan Basically, if the reporter has any basis to believe that the story might be true, the paper gets a free pass."
Old 10-05-2003, 12:10 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guess the poster

dooby

"there's no such thing as a two game swing"
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:21 AM   #26
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guess the poster

david

"i used to sympathize (as a kid) with people who had to be born in other states - nothing to be proud of! "
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 05:48 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guess the poster

Quote:
“Last year, I had a couple tanks, a couple grenades. Now I got atomic weapons, I’m going nuclear. I’m Colin Powell, and I can drop the bomb anytime I want to.”

- Shaquille O'Neal, upon learning that Karl Malone and Gary Payton had joined the Lakers.

Fab 4 is coming this fall...
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 05:56 PM   #28
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Default Guess the poster

Since no one answered this and Erica didn't put up a new one, let's try again.....(whooops, my bad, maybe she did...I'd say that's FatAttack2)

I'll give you a hint...it's from a Mod. (Someone, Pleeeeeze guess this one !)

Quote:
"I had a Dukes of Hazzard cake for my third birthday party, and I vividly remember it. "
Old 10-07-2003, 06:05 PM   #29
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guess the poster

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
"i used to sympathize (as a kid) with people who had to be born in other states - nothing to be proud of! "
I can't believe that nobody guessed this one. It was smiles
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 06:26 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guess the poster

Sorry...I don't know Smiles at all unfortunately, so I couldnt answer that.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:45 PM   #31
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Guess the poster

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Sorry...I don't know Smiles at all unfortunately, so I couldnt answer that.
That would be Erica

"Hey I am new here>>>My Name is Jason Witten>> If you want to email me its @ JasonWitten49@DallasCowboys.com
Its nice to be here at the best Mavs Forum in Dallas
"

Old 10-07-2003, 06:53 PM   #32
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Re-Dirkilous

Old 10-07-2003, 06:55 PM   #33
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default Guess the poster

Quote:
Quote:
I can't believe that nobody guessed this one. It was smiles
I guess I better clarify that I don't hold this opinion today - I was refering to my childhood opinion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2003, 07:55 PM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Default Guess the poster

Old 10-09-2003, 02:13 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Default Guess the poster

Nash13

In response to Murphy3's post-it in the Mavs section
Quote:
This thread is in the wrong place & should be locked. We're not talking about the Mavs here.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #36
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Guess the poster

Captain Disaster

Quote:
To think Lebron has anything to do with the current Kobe situation is just...well....I need to put that poster on my pendejo list.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:29 PM   #37
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Way out West

Here's an oldie, but a goodie:

Quote:
RON..... ERON .... ERON.... BAH BAH BAH BAH .............FACES.. FACING FACES .. ALL OF THEM THE SAME . MAVS ARE FACES.. FACE it SHAWN BRADLEY IS WORST PLAYER EVER!!!!!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:35 AM   #38
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Give up? OK, it was BEEEEEEEEEEF. I'll defer to the next poster.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote