Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Has Carlisle done a good job of coaching so far this season?
Yes 32 64.00%
No 18 36.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

whos a better coach don nelson or carlisle,

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
whos a better coach don nelson or carlisle,
RC by a mile.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
RC by a mile.
rick carlisle inherited a good team but don nelson i think was the foundation of our 12 year playoff run.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
rick carlisle inherited a good team but don nelson i think was the foundation of our 12 year playoff run.
And what did he won?

Don't get me wrong, he is/was good but still, i'll take RC!

Last edited by Kante; 01-04-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
And what did he won?

Don't get me wrong, he is/was good but still, i'll take RC!
Let me put it this way. The difference between the two is so large--and this is no disrespect to Carlisle--that Nelson could beat Carlisle with his own, and then swap teams and beat his own with Carlisle's.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #6
jamaljasonandjimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Let me put it this way. The difference between the two is so large--and this is no disrespect to Carlisle--that Nelson could beat Carlisle with his own, and then swap teams and beat his own with Carlisle's.
he kinda did that with golden state 8th seeds upset no 1 seeds
This has only happened five times in NBA history:

The Denver Nuggets defeated the Seattle SuperSonics 3-2 in 1994.
The New York Knicks defeated the Miami Heat in 1999 3-2.
The Golden State Warriors defeated the Dallas Mavricks in 2007 4-2.
The Memphis Grizzlies defeated the San Antonio Spurs in 2011 4-2.
The Philadelphia 76ers defeated the Chicago Bulls in 2012 4-2

Last edited by jamaljasonandjimmy; 01-05-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Most of you guys have been deceived by the Champianship that was finally won. It was not won because of Carlisle. It was a perfect storm. Carlisle can only coach when his team has the right players. He does not make good on the fly adjustments. He also is terrible at developing players. That is why he stacks his teams with older vets. Don't think that the front office didn't consult RC when they made their roster change moves, so don't put all the blame on Mark and company. Last year and this is a better gage of RC coaching ability than the champianship year.

Personally I never cared for RC and felt he was a mistake from the word go. He was the exact opposite of Nellie which is why Mark hired him. It was a reaction to Nellie's problem with structure. He was in love with his image of the unconventional genius. Carlisle is methodical who has to think out each move pregame. Unless Cuban somehow acquires a bevy of talent that makes the team superior on paper they are doomed to mediocrity. Carlisle does not have the ability to coach them up.

Don't anyone tell me about the creative lineups he used in the playoffs the Champianship year. He utilized the three guard line up the entire season before. It was only when Chandler was acquired that the defense was able to compensate for it. It was not an on the fly decision but formulated over a long period of time. It's just that the perfect opportunity to utilize it came into play during the play offs.

I waited 20+ years for the Mav's to win a champianship. Now they have one, so my frustration with Carlisle doesn't bother me as much. I have no great expectations from him and as long as he is the coach not much from the team either.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kiss my arse, kiss the ring bitch