Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-24-2024, 03:29 AM   #361
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

https://youtu.be/uPvBdnUqmzk?t=508

And look at this. He chased him down and look at how he pushed him. THIS IS EJECTION FOUL. STRAIGHT AWAY EJECTION. THIS IS OUT OF CONTROL, VIOLENT ACT.

And it seems like it maybe wasn't even a foul.

Looks like referees didn't even blow the whistle on this. The refs blew the whistle on DJJ.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-24-2024 at 03:31 AM.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2024, 03:33 AM   #362
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
NBA commentators tomorrow

?How could the Clippers, who we all want to win, blow it? Clippers Clippers Clippers?
I mute the commentators. Listen to music instead. Not because of their bias but because of their stupidity. They are biased AND STUPID.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:34 AM   #363
LukaMagic

Quote:
Announcers are so damn biased too. Can?t stand that shit. Up at the half? ?Man the Clippers are slow but they?re in the drivers seat only down 4?

Spent an entire timeout talking about how good Lues Calls are because he was 4-6 out of them. Clips go 0-4 since
Can't believe you listen to take that shit. And get revved up.

America is very, very racist. They hate Luka and they hate Jokic. And they hate Dallas too. I'm sure they hated Nowitzky very, very much, but I haven't followed Dallas Mavericks then.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-24-2024 at 03:35 AM.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:37 AM   #364
LukaMagic

Quote:
Don?t f this up, Kidd. They had momentum. Don?t let the TO and some weird lineup ruin this for us
You should drop the shit you have re Kidd. He's doing very well. It is idiotic talk that's been spread about him.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:38 AM   #365
LukaMagic

Quote:
25-15 fourth is pretty damn clutch
From the highlights I saw I thought PJ did great.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:49 AM   #366
LukaMagic

[/url]

https://youtu.be/uPvBdnUqmzk?t=261

I was very impressed by this. And I was impressed by the fact he could knock down a couple of threes that he did in the clutch situations.

PJ has a huge wingspan. He should always fish and dig for rebounds like this. His arm spam is 7 FOOT 3. That makes him incredibly difficult to control on rebounds, including on offensive rebounds. But he doesn't at all have that habit to fish for rebounds.

Growing up, in my team there was one guy like that. He had a huge wingspan. Not very tall but his wingspan was huge. He had enormous arms. When you guard and block him on rebounds you think "I got this" and then he just FLICKS IT somehow because of his huge arms.

That is a matter of expectation. You expect to get the ball because of his height, but then IT IS HIS ARMS that trick you. That's also what makes PJ a great defender. As well as Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi has a huge armspan too. That's why they get so many steals. Because they can put a hand on many balls that people don't expect. People are not used to playing against such defenders with such enormous arms. So it tricks them.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-24-2024 at 03:53 AM.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:56 AM   #367
LukaMagic

Look at PJ. 18 points and 6 rebounds. And he played A HUGE role defensively. He was used on both Kawhi and Paul George. And Harden, probably.

DJJ is very valuable too. Has length. Has a good feel for defense. That's very important and what Green and THJ lack.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-24-2024 at 03:58 AM.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:57 AM   #368
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

That was amazing defense ,and it's weird how the refs are reffing completely different from the regular season. I've honestly never seen a game where the Mavs were allowed to play defense like this.

And THJ 6 minutes. You love to see it.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 08:40 AM   #369
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That was amazing defense ,and it's weird how the refs are reffing completely different from the regular season. I've honestly never seen a game where the Mavs were allowed to play defense like this.

And THJ 6 minutes. You love to see it.
yes there was a stretch where the refs seemed to swallow their whistles and allowed the Mavs to compete on defense. They also managed to swallow their whistle when PJ got bowled over by Russ or when Luka got hacked to death with no call (whichever ref was #24 clearly watching and no call).

The refs also called BS fouls with Harden shooting 3's and kicking his legs out to the side and flopping like it was 2018. (Also ref #24 making that call from the side).
EDIT - looks like he tried that crap in the first quarter too (flop) and the refs didn't call it.

Thankfully some guys stepped up and hit some big shots.

Last edited by Scoobay; 04-24-2024 at 09:28 AM.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 09:37 AM   #370
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I do like that THJ isn't there to mess up the offensive flow, but he has been playing really good defense as of late. I wouldn't mind it if he were available next game but played a role more similar to Maxi and limit his shots and concentrate on defense.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:15 AM   #371
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
yes there was a stretch where the refs seemed to swallow their whistles and allowed the Mavs to compete on defense. They also managed to swallow their whistle when PJ got bowled over by Russ or when Luka got hacked to death with no call (whichever ref was #24 clearly watching and no call).

The refs also called BS fouls with Harden shooting 3's and kicking his legs out to the side and flopping like it was 2018. (Also ref #24 making that call from the side).
EDIT - looks like he tried that crap in the first quarter too (flop) and the refs didn't call it.

Thankfully some guys stepped up and hit some big shots.
Yea. I am not one to blame refs for losses but that sht was atrocious many times last night. I think Its going to be a theme all series. It will be a huge accomplishment to get to 2nd round.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 10:18 AM   #372
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Proud of the team for digging deep in the 4th quarter and gutting out a win in LA. It atarted to look grim for a while.

Old 04-24-2024, 10:44 AM   #373
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Luka Jordan?s defensive numbers? https://x.com/clutchpoints/status/17...7xD_IlCxcSyM0g

Old 04-24-2024, 11:09 AM   #374
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
that's a pretty amazing stat...
I think he got his block directly on Plumlee and maybe not shown in that stat is the play where he guarded Kawhi and poked the ball away from him.

we know he's not explosive as an athlete in the traditional sense, but he has good anticipation and he's a big dude... many times we've seen him move his feet well and cut someone off their drive and he holds his ground without fouling. With that anticipation he sometimes gambles a bit and can be successful especially in reaching around from behind to poke the ball loose or outright strip it.

It was interesting to see Luka dropping back to the middle to cover the post on several plays, especially with Maxi or Lively out guarding the perimeter.
Old 04-24-2024, 11:22 AM   #375
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Beautiful, hard-nosed game. So fun to watch.

If I'm being nitpicky, I want a little more efficiency from Luka and Kai, but overall that's hard to do against this Clippers team.

Big shouts to PJ and Maxi. Green and Lively big impacts, as well. Have to have our role players continue to step up.

My biggest gripe still lies with Kidd. Simply outclassed out of timeout and sets/actions by Lue. Led to a few easy buckets/looks they didn't make. Have to cut down on those or adjust as those can absolutely determine a game.

That being said, a BIG credit to Kidd for the defensive schemes and getting the team to buy into it all. It's obvious that the guys are all-in with Kidd on this run and I'm hoping the run lasts all the way.

LGM
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:24 AM   #376
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
True, the ball was moving around the floor so fast, a lot less dribbling, a lot less time for defenders to make up ground. Kawhi in there with his claw isolated on the elbow, watching the shot clock dwindle.
Bewm. Kawhi looked limited in his movement. Still so savvy to get some buckets inside but a shell of himself on defense and no lift to shots. Hard to tell the guy no when he's ready to play, though. They have no choice but to play him.
Old 04-24-2024, 11:38 AM   #377
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'm glad Kawhi played because no excuses, and it helps the team grow. Look at how tough the west is. You need to be prepared to move forward. No easy outs.

Guys like PJ and Gafford need to step up in every game here out.

I think I'm starting Lively though mainly because of Zubac's size. He just gives Gafford too much heat.

Old 04-24-2024, 11:49 AM   #378
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
We can all agree to disagree

But Luka should know by now that refs aren't going to take his side

He's been giving techs several times in the past for silly shit so that's why he has to shut up and play regardless if we like it or not

Kyrie walks away after that play and runs back down the floor
Look, if he only yelled "and-1" that is absolutely not a PLAYOFF tech...

Regular season? Sure, I guess...

But let's be real, I'm not entirely sure that's all Luka said and him looking directly at and scowling at the ref doesn't help.

Again, if that's all he said and did, then the ref needs to take his tampon out
Old 04-24-2024, 11:58 AM   #379
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I do like that THJ isn't there to mess up the offensive flow, but he has been playing really good defense as of late. I wouldn't mind it if he were available next game but played a role more similar to Maxi and limit his shots and concentrate on defense.
See, I'm on the side where the Mavs actually missed Tim's offense and spacing in this game. Of course, that comes with the desire for THJ to understand his role and game situations, which has drawn its own ire over the years.

But you get THJ to splash a 3 or two when they struggled at times on offense? Different ballgame if the defense for Mavs stayed the same. As you said, he's been pretty good on that end and always plays tough. He just isn't our best defender and is what he is, but definitely plays hard.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:43 PM   #380
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
that's a pretty amazing stat...
I think he got his block directly on Plumlee and maybe not shown in that stat is the play where he guarded Kawhi and poked the ball away from him.

we know he's not explosive as an athlete in the traditional sense, but he has good anticipation and he's a big dude... many times we've seen him move his feet well and cut someone off their drive and he holds his ground without fouling. With that anticipation he sometimes gambles a bit and can be successful especially in reaching around from behind to poke the ball loose or outright strip it.

It was interesting to see Luka dropping back to the middle to cover the post on several plays, especially with Maxi or Lively out guarding the perimeter.
I thought Luka blocked Mann shot early on.

Old 04-24-2024, 12:43 PM   #381
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

But let's be real, I'm not entirely sure that's all Luka said and him looking directly at and scowling at the ref doesn't help.

I'm sure there was built up frustration - Clips got tons of calls that 3rd quarter and Mavs seemingly got none. Then if you look at that one drive to the bucket, Westbrook reaches in at the top, Harden hacks him on the way up, and then Westbrook hacks him again after the shot release. 3 chances to call something and they just stared at it and did nothing.

On the other side Mavs would get called for lesser things or even outright flopping like Harden's abnormal leg flail and flop which got called and was total BS.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:51 PM   #382
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I thought Luka blocked Mann shot early on.
If it was at the start of the game, PJ blocked Mann there.
Later on Luka did have good defense on Mann and contested his shot but didn't block it - that was an airball.

I'm thinking he got the credit for his block on Plumlee shown here.
https://youtu.be/Dp4iFjFGwCo?t=55

Luka locking up Kawhi one on one with the nice poke from behind - not sure if he gets credit for a steal there.
https://youtu.be/Dp4iFjFGwCo?t=417

one on one against Kawhi again forcing the tough contested jumper
https://youtu.be/Dp4iFjFGwCo?t=469

one on one against PG - again a tough contested 3 ball
https://youtu.be/Dp4iFjFGwCo?t=499

I mean if playoff Luka steps up in this way that's huge. We know he won't be perfect and he's not a lockdown defender by any means, but competing and not giving the other team easy looks - that's all you can ask for from him.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:02 PM   #383
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm sure there was built up frustration - Clips got tons of calls that 3rd quarter and Mavs seemingly got none. Then if you look at that one drive to the bucket, Westbrook reaches in at the top, Harden hacks him on the way up, and then Westbrook hacks him again after the shot release. 3 chances to call something and they just stared at it and did nothing.

On the other side Mavs would get called for lesser things or even outright flopping like Harden's abnormal leg flail and flop which got called and was total BS.
Oh make no mistake, completely blown call(s) and understood frustration. As long as all he yelled was and-1, the ref is completely out of line.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:28 PM   #384
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

His full quote was ?and 1 man? then his eyes shift to the ref when the whistle is blown
Old 04-24-2024, 01:28 PM   #385
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
See, I'm on the side where the Mavs actually missed Tim's offense and spacing in this game. Of course, that comes with the desire for THJ to understand his role and game situations, which has drawn its own ire over the years.

But you get THJ to splash a 3 or two when they struggled at times on offense? Different ballgame if the defense for Mavs stayed the same. As you said, he's been pretty good on that end and always plays tough. He just isn't our best defender and is what he is, but definitely plays hard.
In these playoff series, a shooter will be on for a game and we will blow out the Clippers. A streak shooter like THJ is just that, we should see 1 blow out where THJ is lights out....just like Harden was in Game 1.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 01:35 PM   #386
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
If it was at the start of the game, PJ blocked Mann there.
Later on Luka did have good defense on Mann and contested his shot but didn't block it - that was an airball.

I'm thinking he got the credit for his block on Plumlee shown here.
https://youtu.be/Dp4iFjFGwCo?t=55

Luka locking up Kawhi one on one with the nice poke from behind - not sure if he gets credit for a steal there.
https://youtu.be/Dp4iFjFGwCo?t=417

one on one against Kawhi again forcing the tough contested jumper
https://youtu.be/Dp4iFjFGwCo?t=469

one on one against PG - again a tough contested 3 ball
https://youtu.be/Dp4iFjFGwCo?t=499

I mean if playoff Luka steps up in this way that's huge. We know he won't be perfect and he's not a lockdown defender by any means, but competing and not giving the other team easy looks - that's all you can ask for from him.
For reals. He had some big moments defensively last night. It really cant be any other way going forward.

Old 04-24-2024, 01:42 PM   #387
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
His full quote was ?and 1 man? then his eyes shift to the ref when the whistle is blown
And looked like Harden shoulder checks him 1 foot from ref as he blows whistle.

Old 04-24-2024, 03:50 PM   #388
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

IMO it was a mistake to have ever taken Lively out of the starting lineup.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 04:29 PM   #389
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Gafford has to be better, right? 1.5pts, 0.5reb, 0.5 assists in 12min?

But yeah-- glad to see Lively living up to the hype. It's wild that he's A) A rookie, B) only 20 years old, and C) dealing with major loss/grief and still being a huge positive for us.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 05:13 PM   #390
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gafford has to be better, right? 1.5pts, 0.5reb, 0.5 assists in 12min?

But yeah-- glad to see Lively living up to the hype. It's wild that he's A) A rookie, B) only 20 years old, and C) dealing with major loss/grief and still being a huge positive for us.
I think Gafford will come up big against OKC, if he is fully healthy. I still think he?s a great backup center. I just think Lively is the better player.

Point C for Lively is huge. I think it?s possible that the reason they took him out of the starting lineup was to take pressure off him, because they were unsure how he would deal with it. If I am remembering correctly, they made the switch at center at the same time that Lively missed a game due to personal reasons.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 07:11 PM   #391
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I expect Gafford to start game 3. Especially for moral purposes, I?m not going away from what got us 16-2. Lively was being asked to do too much alone and hit a rough spot right around when Gaff came in.

Plus I don?t want lively to start and get two quick fouls or something because I do think he?s more versatile and we will need him in second halves. I?d rather Gafford be in that spot.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:54 PM   #392
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Going to have to respectfully disagree here

You don't go 16-2 with Gafford starting and then calling it a mistake.

I think the Clippers have simply made it a point to take away the lop dunks he's so good at...

DG has also been banged up a little to start this series but ultimately I think he's going to get rolling.

He may not get those lobs but I think his adjustment will come on the offensive glass eventually to generate production.

I'm a huge fan of both bigs btw and I think fans ate giving up on Gafford way too soon. It's only been 2 games not going to panic just yet
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:09 PM   #393
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
In these playoff series, a shooter will be on for a game and we will blow out the Clippers. A streak shooter like THJ is just that, we should see 1 blow out where THJ is lights out....just like Harden was in Game 1.
I want no parts of THJ in this series

Dude is just a blackhole on offense and you just about guarantee when ever he puts the ball on the floor it's a turnover waiting to happen.

I'd much rather DJJ and Green continue to get those extra minutes he would have played.

Those two guys might not catch fire like him for a game or two but they both rebound and defend their ass off much more consistently than THJ"s offense.

Mavs have made it all the way to the WCF'S before without that dude killing possessions with bad forced shots
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:30 AM   #394
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I want no parts of THJ in this series

Dude is just a blackhole on offense and you just about guarantee when ever he puts the ball on the floor it's a turnover waiting to happen.

I'd much rather DJJ and Green continue to get those extra minutes he would have played.

Those two guys might not catch fire like him for a game or two but they both rebound and defend their ass off much more consistently than THJ"s offense.

Mavs have made it all the way to the WCF'S before without that dude killing possessions with bad forced shots
Yeah it?s like people forgot how abysmal he was the second half of the season. The less he?s out there is a net positive.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:47 AM   #395
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yes, THJ's lack of handling really hurts the team. But it's his unawareness of things he can't do that makes it so bad. If he just played within his limits, then he could be a contributor.

We really need his shooting off the bench though. Or Exum. Or Green. Someone needs to provide scoring off the bench.

Old 04-25-2024, 12:06 PM   #396
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Gafford questionable for tomorrow. Didn't practice. Doesn't look good for him to play.

THJ is OUT with ankle sprain.

Old 04-25-2024, 12:33 PM   #397
Melonhead
Guru

Fuck I guess Lively is starting in that case.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:38 PM   #398
Melonhead
Guru

Lord I do not want to see Powell. Give me Morris before him
Old 04-25-2024, 12:40 PM   #399
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Omax is out as well. Ugh.

Old 04-25-2024, 02:17 PM   #400
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCBbxjwSboQ
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote