Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-30-2018, 10:45 AM   #841
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Next season 20m since he opted out of 24m and you really want him. With the texas tax laws in comparison with california its pretty much the same.

and then as 31 year old elite roleplayer depending on his athlecism i give him 16-17m.

So at the end its like a 3/52 deal. Or 4/70 but just with a TO for the last year.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2018, 10:47 AM   #842
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I'm intrigued by Julius Randle. Of course, I've only seen him play against the Mavs, where he was going all out to impress friends and family playing against the home town Mavs. But the idea of a young big growing with DSJ and Luka is intriguing. He's more of a PF than center, but a good rebounder and rim runner. And with the league going away from bigs, this might be a better way to go than with a guy who has no offense outside the lane.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:49 AM   #843
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I like Randle a lot and he does fit the new NBA center definition better than Jordan. Dude is lethal. He can drive, post, and clean it up.

However, he’s not made for our system. Rick’s offense depends on the center mostly screening and rolling to the rim while rebounding hard.

Randle is pretty terrible in the PnR and isn’t particularly good catching it on the move. Dump it down to him in the mid post and he can iso it, but he’s not going to do a lot of what Rick wants and he’s a pretty terrible rebounder.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-30-2018 at 10:55 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:57 AM   #844
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yepp, Randle is bad fit for Rick.

Thats the point why they go down the DeAndre road again and that why they wanted him so badly in 2015. He is a textbook fit for Ricks plans. And a textbook fit for Doncic/Dennis
Old 06-30-2018, 11:00 AM   #845
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

What I think Rick is looking for in a center

1) rebounding - we were dead last in rebounding differential. Gotta rebound to run with Smith and Doncic.
2) ability to rimrun, keeping defenses honest and making space for Smith and Doncic
3) screening - gotta be able to set a good screen for Smith and Doncic
Wayyy down the list
9) Ability to hit outside shots
10) Shotblocking
11) Ability to defend the perimeter
12) Ability to score in an iso

Because of that, I’d say that Jordan and Capela are the top two candidates.

Len can’t catch or screen
Boogie has other skills we don’t particularly need and may be injured
Randle can’t rebound and isn’t great at the roll or screen
Old 06-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #846
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Honestly think there’s a good chance he does end up with Warriors

They can start him at 8 mill

Chance of a championship and staying in Cali May trump the 15-20 mill we offer.

I wouldn’t be surprised if DJ took a similar deal from Houston even if it meant backing up Capela. He’d get to play in his home town and still have a shot at a title.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:30 PM   #847
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

If we lose out on Jordan it will probably be a blessing in disguise just like it was last time. I still think Favors is the better player and the better fit.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:35 PM   #848
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

The other problem with Randle is that he can’t stretch the floor and is not a good rim protector. If the Mavs could find a 5 that can stretch the floor I’d be ok with Randle but as the team is constructed right now he’s not a good fit.

As for what kind of contract the Mavs should offer DJ... I’d offer him 2/30 with maybe a 3rd year as a team option. I don’t want him on the books in 2021.

If the Mavs are still wanting to dump Wes’ contract they should consider trading him for Whiteside. They wouldn’t have to deal with the mental midget Deandre and Whiteside gives you the same rebounding and rim running DJ does. He also has 2 years left in his deal which fits the 2021 timeline. Trading for Whiteside the Mavs might even be able to squeeze a 2nd round pick out of Miami and would be able to keep their capspace to add another player.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:44 PM   #849
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if DJ took a similar deal from Houston even if it meant backing up Capela. He’d get to play in his home town and still have a shot at a title.
Not happening. A bench role with reduced production is going to kill his next contract too.

And Whiteside is the same mental midget...

Last edited by sefant77; 06-30-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #850
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I would not go down the DAJ path again. Sure, it would be great for the Mavs to have him here, but he is too unpredictable and easily influenced to be certain you ever really have a deal. In the interim all the other free agents actually make deals that they honor and the Mavs lose out yet again. I would not give this guy a second chance to screw with the organization and future of the Mavs with these young guns on the roster. No way. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I don't give him the opportunity. Period. Move on MBT. Don't waste your time. He's not worth the gamble when there are other options.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:07 PM   #851
sefant77
Guru

Well...for me its worth a three years gamble even i wouldnt really cheer for him during the games. I would accept him and his role. But he will make the team significant better and is going to make Dennis and Luka looking better and this should really help our 2019 free agency if they are trying to get someone like Butler.

I think Jordan and his agent know the numbers the Mavs are going to offer and they know that Jordan is going to shine in Ricks offense. The pitch will be pretty much the same of 2015.

But if he drags it out, meeting with the Warriors at july 2nd etc, asking for "time to think" etc, then just go on and meet with Cousins/Favors and tell Duffy that they are preparing contract offers for them.

Jordan doesnt need any time to think about the Warriors or having to urge to meet with then person. Take the MLE to get a ring or take with money with us. Thats not a decison he couldnt make allready today or within 24 hours since opting out.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-30-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #852
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It's time for Dirk to go to the bench where he belongs at this point in his career... If we sign Jordan, we'll finally have enough starting talent to justify it.

DSJ - JJB
Wes - Harris
Doncic - McBuckets
Barnes - Powell
DeAndra - Dirk

With Brunson, Motley, Spalding, Baby Freak, etc. probably splitting time between the Mavs and the Legends.
I like this lineup better
DSJ
Doncic
Barnes
Dirk
Jordan

Wes is not talented enough to send Dirk to the bench. Plus Jordan can cover up defensive lapses by Dirk far easier than any other player on the team
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:25 PM   #853
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs#1Fan View Post
Plus Jordan can cover up defensive lapses by Dirk far easier than any other player on the team
No one can.

Dirk against all the modern smallball PF is toast...they are going to drag him to the perimeter and burn him there. And then you have Jordan permanent in foul trouble...
Old 06-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #854
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
No one can.

Dirk against all the modern smallball PF is toast...they are going to drag him to the perimeter and burn him there. And then you have Jordan permanent in foul trouble...
If we were truly worried about defense we wouldn't be rolling out Devin Harris at the 3 like we did multiple times last year

And Dirk at 40 has more gravity than Wes every had in his prime which helps everyone else score
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #855
Me.B

So is anyone on this board looking beyond this year? Any long term goals for the team? I’m asking because it seems like there are mostly people with only short sighted goals. Not many people looking at the best interest of the team in the long term sense.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:31 PM   #856
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
So is anyone on this board looking beyond this year? Any long term goals for the team? I’m asking because it seems like there are mostly people with only short sighted goals. Not many people looking at the best interest of the team in the long term sense.
Be good. It’s not hard.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:50 PM   #857
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
They dont? You think Jordan isnt in our best interest longterm? Why not? Because he is 30?

Planing beyong 3-4 years is anyway pointless, because thats the typical contract length.

We dont have our pick in 2019 and in 19-20 Doncic/Dennis and the rest of the roster are going to be too good for a high lottery pick. So building through high lottery picks is over after our Dennis/Doncic picks. So now its time to build the rest of the team through free agency (and after 2019 with our normal draft picks #10 or worse).

This year we have a lot of cap and should use it for a guy who helps winning through the length of his contract. Jordan would be this guy. In 2019 we have a lot of cap (Wes, Barea, Dirk gone). In 2020 we would be again a FA player (Barnes/Powell gone). If we give Jordan just a three year contract we would have in 2021 again a lot of cap.

So yeah that sounds like a solid longterm plan with competing for the playoffs. Dont know why you think a 30y old would be bad for our longterm plans. Good roster with potential max cap in 2019, 2020 and 2021.

Championship? Durant ruined that anyway. And maybe Lebron soon with a Lebron/Kawhi/PG/Kemba team. Maybe we are lucky with two FA homeruns (like Jordan now and Butler 2019) but you cant blame the FO if we are not soon somewhere near the Warriors etc

Last edited by sefant77; 06-30-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #858
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
They dont? You think Jordan isnt in our best interest longterm? Why not? Because he is 30?

Planing beyong 3-4 years is anyway pointless, because thats the typical contract length.

We dont have our pick in 2019 and in 19-20 Doncic/Dennis and the rest of the roster are going to be too good for a high lottery pick. So building through high lottery picks is over after our Dennis/Doncic picks. So now its time to build the rest of the team through free agency (and after 2019 with our normal draft picks #10 or worse).

This year we have a lot of cap and should use it for a guy who helps winning through the length of his contract. Jordan would be this guy. In 2019 we have a lot of cap (Wes, Barea, Dirk gone). In 2020 we would be again a FA player (Barnes/Powell gone). If we give Jordan just a three year contract we would have in 2021 again a lot of cap.

So yeah that sounds like a solid longterm plan with competing for the playoffs. Dont know why you think a 30y old would be bad for our longterm plans. Good roster with potential max cap in 2019, 2020 and 2021.

Championship? Durant ruined that anyway. And maybe Lebron soon with a Lebron/Kawhi/PG/Kemba team. Maybe we are lucky with two FA homeruns (like Jordan now and Butler 2019) but you cant blame the FO if we are not soon somewhere near the Warriors etc
The production we expect from Luka, plus the fact that having Luka probably played a tiny but notable role in getting Jordan to come here in the first place, basically offsets our 2019 first round draft pick anyway.

That's the way I justify things in my head..
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #859
Me.B

Quote:
Be good. It’s not hard.

It’s a serious question. Not meant to be derogatory or anything like that. I’m just wondering if anyone here is thinking about this team beyond this season.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:16 PM   #860
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Be good. It’s not hard.
Well.. if you starting lineup isn't full of 18-20 year olds you are ancient and washed up. Get with the process!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #861
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It’s a serious question. Not meant to be derogatory or anything like that. I’m just wondering if anyone here is thinking about this team beyond this season.
I would say Literally 99% of us are thinking about long term or at least beyond this year. Most of us have been doing this same thing each off season here.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:34 PM   #862
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I would say Literally 99% of us are thinking about long term or at least beyond this year. Most of us have been doing this same thing each off season here.
Exactly.

Short term get some vets to build the scaffolding to teach the young guys to be good. Gradually replace the vet pieces like Matthews and Jordan if he comes. Keep adding pieces to complement D&D (vets and young pieces.

Adding a center to be good this year in no way mortgages the future. We’re just spending our extra cash to have the supporting cast for the next few years.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-30-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:41 PM   #863
Me.B

Quote:

Long term, no I do not think signing DJ to a 3-4 year deal is in the Mavs best interest. For the immediate future yes, but not on a 3-4 year deal. If he’s not willing to agree to a 2 year I would look to obtaining someone else.

Im not suggesting that they tank because like you said they don’t have a 1st round pick next year. I’m looking at the potential situation this team could find itself after the next 2 seasons. If DJ’s (or any other player) contract ends then it will be at the same time Barnes and Powell’s contract ends. The team could find itself with over $60 mil in cap space with Dennis and Doncic still on their rookie contracts. That’s the same year guys like Giannis, Porzingis, and AD become free agents. The Mavs should be doing everything they can to keep that cap space available. The Mavs could potentially add 2 max players to play alongside Dennis and Doncic. And they’d be doing it at a time when the Warriors and Labron’s window is closing.

Because of that it blows my mind to see people saying DJ should get a contract in the 4/80 range. To be fair it’s not just people on this board. There are Mavs insiders suggesting DJ will a deal much larger and longer than what Nerlens was offered.

I agree with trying to win now but not at the expense of cutting into that cap space. That’s my 2 cents.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #864
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Long term, no I do not think signing DJ to a 3-4 year deal is in the Mavs best interest. For the immediate future yes, but not on a 3-4 year deal. If he’s not willing to agree to a 2 year I would look to obtaining someone else.

Im not suggesting that they tank because like you said they don’t have a 1st round pick next year. I’m looking at the potential situation this team could find itself after the next 2 seasons. If DJ’s (or any other player) contract ends then it will be at the same time Barnes and Powell’s contract ends. The team could find itself with over $60 mil in cap space with Dennis and Doncic still on their rookie contracts. That’s the same year guys like Giannis, Porzingis, and AD become free agents. The Mavs should be doing everything they can to keep that cap space available. The Mavs could potentially add 2 max players to play alongside Dennis and Doncic. And they’d be doing it at a time when the Warriors and Labron’s window is closing.

Because of that it blows my mind to see people saying DJ should get a contract in the 4/80 range. To be fair it’s not just people on this board. There are Mavs insiders suggesting DJ will a deal much larger and longer than what Nerlens was offered.

I agree with trying to win now but not at the expense of cutting into that cap space. That’s my 2 cents.

I think 90% of people agree with you. Handing DeAndre anything but a two-year deal is immensely stupid when he has no leverage. If he doesn't like it, he can go play for pennies on the dollar with the same gamble Noel just lost.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:02 PM   #865
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Actually, it's three years until Giannis, Porzingis, and AD are free agents -- summer of 2021... That's why 3/60 for Jordan is a perfect deal. Good for now, good for the longterm.

Also good for the longterm? Getting to the playoffs, even if we're only there to get swept by GSW... Dennis and Doncic need to taste some level of success or else they're gonna bolt when their contracts are up. Jordan gets us there, someone like Favors does not.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-30-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:20 PM   #866
sefant77
Guru

Quote:

Then blow my mind and show me here on this board one single quote where someone wrote we should offer Jordan the full four years to secure him as long as possible...

A lot of people FEAR a full four year contract and everyone says that a 4th year should be a team option and then its a good or at least okay contract

Three years is totally fine and like i said we would be every single season a max contract candidate. And if you want to land a star you should have at least allready a solid record (or your franchise is named Lakers).

Jordan helps winning game and he helps better than anyone else to make DSJ and Doncic look awesome. And thats then your free agent pitch for 2019 and 2020.

In the summer of 2019 Klay and Butler are the big names. I dont see Klay changing teams but for both you could pitch "here, you are the final piece to DSJ/Doncic/Barnes/Jordan and a 55+ win team".

If we want to land FAs the coming years, we have to start winning and be a playoff team.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-30-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:43 PM   #867
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:

I will bet you anything that Jordan between the ages of 30 and 34 is better than Nerlens Noel will ever be at any point in his career. He should get paid more than Noel. We offered Noel $17M per season. Jordan will likely average a double double for his entire contract. About $20M is what you pay for a starter that averages a double double.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 06-30-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:46 PM   #868
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

If Golden State convinces Deandre Jordan to sign with them I think I will both respect and hate them. Can't they just sign Dwight instead?!!! I still want Jordan in Dallas.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:47 PM   #869
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I think Jordan could honestly get the largest possible offer Dallas could make, however much that is.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:02 PM   #870
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Go ahead and resign to the fact that DJ will probably get close to max on 3 or 4 seasons. We arent here to keep doing this rental bullshit 1 or 2 year uncertainty. Like it or not, Dj will be the best center the mavs have ever had sans Tyson Chandler. He will be vital getting these young guys space to grow in the backcourt and provides gravity defensively. This is what a rebuild is. Get the best guy in the draft, and build around them with FA. DJ is a perfect component to DSJ, Doncic.

The whining is getting ridiculous.
If Dirk and the org can forgive him, then you have to get over it. Cant be more upset than the actual people affected.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:17 PM   #871
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Melonhead, I will only hate him if he goes to Golden State. If he becomes a Maverick I'll be thrilled. I'd just love it even more if the Mavericks got Cousins instead.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:18 PM   #872
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been able to follow things too much lately but is it possible that DJ opted out because he wants no part of Dallas?
If he would have opted in he would have most likely been traded to Dallas.

And if he is stupid enough to opt out to sign with GSW, it would take him at least 3 years to make up the financial loss. He could have just opted in and waited until the next season to join them.

There is no way in hell he is going to GSW....nobody is that stupid.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-30-2018 at 06:20 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:21 PM   #873
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Melonhead, I will only hate him if he goes to Golden State. If he becomes a Maverick I'll be thrilled. I'd just love it even more if the Mavericks got Cousins instead.
Serious question.

Do you think Cousins is going to recover from his injury? I personally do not. If he never got injured, I would back up a dump truck full of money to his front door. Wes Matthews was actually a really good player before his injury. The reason we curse him so much is because he never became the same player after his injury. So unless Cousins wants to come here for like $8M per season, I am going to take a hard pass and play the percentages. Yes, there's like a 5% chance he will come back and be the same Boogie but there's like a 95% chance that he's going to be overpaid by someone. I don't want to be the team that overpays.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:24 PM   #874
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I haven't been able to follow things too much lately but is it possible that DJ opted out because he wants no part of Dallas?
If he would have opted in he would have most likely been traded to Dallas.
Woj and others wrote "mutual interest" between the Mavs and Jordan
Old 06-30-2018, 06:26 PM   #875
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think Jordan could honestly get the largest possible offer Dallas could make, however much that is.

This would require renouncing everyone's bird rights (Seth, Dirk, and McDermott). While I understand we need to get rid of the cap holds to get DJ signed, I'm hoping we can fit him and McDermott under the cap space we're able to create by renouncing everyone we possibly can. Then we can try to split an exception between Dirk and Seth. Everyone else gets the min (Salah) or walks (Yogi).
Old 06-30-2018, 06:50 PM   #876
SMC0007
Guru

The recent "long term" comments... I think there comes a point where you might relax a little, it's still entertainment and no matter how you stress over it, the mbt isnt scouring forums to find their path.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:52 PM   #877
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are bidding against themselves. If he gets more than 20m and or more than 3yrs they have no business being in this business. Unless he wants more $ for less years. Say 2yrs, 44m
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:32 PM   #878
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@ShamsCharania: Sources: The NBA has set salary cap for 2018-19 season, effective for July free agency: $101,869,000, with tax line of $123,733,000.

@wojespn: NBA has informed teams of 2018-19 season salary cap and tax: New salary cap: $101.8M; Luxury Tax: $123M. Non-Tax Mid-level: $8.6M; Tax-payers mid-level: $5.3M; Room Mid-Level: $4.4M. Bi-annual: $3.4M

Old 06-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #879
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Favors only meeting with Utah according to Spears
Old 06-30-2018, 08:16 PM   #880
Underdog

Quote:
Favors only meeting with Utah according to Spears
Good, he doesn't fit our needs anyway -- he fits best in a suit watching from the sidelines because he's always injured.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...75#post1438675

Last edited by Underdog; 06-30-2018 at 08:17 PM.