Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-25-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road
Default geez, those kinsfans..

on kingsfans, the longest (?) thread is about mavs(209 replies and counting).

it starts like this "So I was reading an article earlier today and it said...mavs is going all the way"

the poster never gave the sources, and amazingly, all the replies, including thos very lengthy and elaborate ones, never asked the posters to provide them.

geez, gotta love those kingsfans.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:33 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: geez, those kinsfans..

Do you have a link or something. Its difficult to relate what you are saying without that.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:41 PM   #3
superheadcat

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11961

evilmavs and tarzan also posted, surprisingly they did not ask for source, either.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:56 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I too am at fault Superhead, i didn't ask for a source either.

Don't worry about it, b/c the sad thing is is that they think they upgraded this summer from last summer.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:48 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

evil should post here his stuff.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:08 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
As a Mavs fan if you don't like to hear that your team wouldn't have gotten as far then maybe you should try Dallas-Mavs.com. They are always busy patting themselves the back.
WHAT?

WHAT?
Old 08-25-2003, 11:19 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Edit: Lucky, please knock off the personal insults. Thx.
Hehehe, I couldn't find the personal insult. "Big mouth", "hell", "@us" or "anal"? It seems they have a different standard. If I had started there, I would be an insults-illiterate yet.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:11 AM   #8
superheadcat

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
Edit: Lucky, please knock off the personal insults. Thx.
Hehehe, I couldn't find the personal insult. "Big mouth", "hell", "@us" or "anal"? It seems they have a different standard. If I had started there, I would be an insults-illiterate yet.
it has been "edited". next time, try to find something before it is edited.

and nash13, i am not worrying. i am glad to see that mavs seems to get under their skin, so much so they can argue endlessly for basically much ado about nothing.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:35 PM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
it has been "edited". next time, try to find something before it is edited.
Exactly. I know, it's pretty obvious. I was pointing the fact of the editing by the mod, and I was making a point between lines.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:38 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

"Far be it from me to bash the Mavs..but let's bash the Mavs. You have roughly ZERO chance. None. Zilch. Nada. Unless, Webber, Duncan and Shaq all go down with injuries during the playoffs. When you find even one player who can remotely compete with those guys, get back to me. Until then, the Mavs stay the weakest link."

I just wanted this documented here. This was from Bricklayer on kingsfans.com. Let us revisit this next June. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 03:37 PM   #11
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road

Kingsfans.com is a homer board (I guess all fanboards are home boards to a degree, but they're quite extreme), so it's unsurprising to see them belittle the Mavs. At Sackings.com they seem to have a lot less trouble accepting differing viewpoints.

All this thread shows is that, as superheadcat noted, the Mavs are getting under their skin. It's not very different from Lakers fans' denouncing the Kings' ascent to contender status. Kings fans are just in denial--at least that's what I hope our Mavs will prove this year.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:46 PM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Here's something for those Kingsfans that said the only thing Dirk has over Webber is shooting.

Here's the efficiency rate of the 02-03 season via realgm.com:

6 6 Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas) 25.15
7 7 Chris Webber (Sacramento) 22.00

Not only did Dirk Statistically outplay Webber last season, but he improved from the year before. Webber declined from the year before.

Here's how they rated the players:

All rankings are based on the Player Production Average or PPA. That's points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks - missed field goal attempts - missed free throw attempts - turnovers - personal fouls — all divided by games played.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote