Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Didn't people do this same thing when Clinton won?
Hell, I remember lefties buying guns for the first time in their lives when Bush won in 2004 (but for somewhat different reasons...)

The sky is ALWAYS falling, Chicken Little...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-08-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: clarity
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Hell, I remember lefties buying guns for the first time in their lives when Bush won in 2004 (but for somewhat different reasons...)

The sky is ALWAYS falling, Chicken Little...

Paranoia is only a heightened sense of reality...

(funny one liner from an old college professor I knew who worked in the Manhantan Project with Einstein, Enrico Fermi, and company)
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post
Paranoia is only a heightened sense of reality...

(funny one liner from an old college professor I knew who worked in the Manhantan Project with Einstein, Enrico Fermi, and company)
You're 100% full of shit, unless you studied under the originator of that quote, William S. Burroughs... Otherwise your "professor" lifted it from Naked Lunch...

Next time try reading a book before you spin a yarn...

[we now return you to your regularly scheduled fear-based circle jerk...]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-08-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
You're 100% full of shit, unless you studied under the originator of that quote, William S. Burroughs... Otherwise your "professor" lifted it from Naked Lunch...

I don't care where the quote came from originally. I heard it from my old college professor as advertised.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Quote:

My professor may have lifted the quote from an earlier author. Who cares? The point is still the same.

Professor Delta Gier was the fourth of four sons. They were named Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta, being named by their father who was in the first generation of nuclear physicists. The elder Gier named his sons after the first four atomic "particles". Delta was a nuclear physicist like his father and was also a chemist of acclaim. He also was a great educator. And, he was involved in the Manhattan Project. I was among his last students. He died a couple of years after I finished his program in Kansas City.

Tags
freaky voodoo > guns, guns